Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin got expose for me brook has a good chin and decent skills but was 2 divisions smaller and still gave the guy loads of problems. Golovkin couldn't outbox him so he just made his size count and fought a big man fight

Comment

• 'He's not a middleweight. Not too strong.' - Golovkin summed it up.

Brook landed big shots, and a lot of them in combination, but they bounced off the much bigger man.

The best WW fought the best MW and was too small; no surprises.

Comment

• Ggg strategy was to not let brook get technical and bum rushed his a$$. It worked but ggg had to eat punches in the process, but ether way brook got treated like a bum that needed to get koed asap. Ggg didn't respect brook as a fighter but a bum that needed to get out of their. Mad props to kell last longer than I thought

Comment

• I just knew some people were going to say Golovkin isn't that good after seeing this fight and ignore the fact that he was trying to make it a brawl/street fight for the fans instead of a boxing match.

Anybody who thinks Golovkin can be beaten based on just this fight is delusional.

As for the stoppage, should anybody be surprised? Brook was taking a lot of hits and wasn't landing anything back. No way would anybody risk that happening for seven more rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yorak Hunt View Post
            Canelo would be interesting against this ggg
            Against this Golovkin, it's no wonder why K2 is so unwilling to simply do everything in their power to just get Alvarez in the ring. Whatever the reason, Golovkin defends shots with his face, makes near no effort to fight on the inside, and still doesn't really seem comfortable keeping the fight long.

Golovkin is basically a shark; a murderous specimen when allowed to simply stalk and come forward, but the moment he stops (or, heaven forbid, is forced to go backwards) and he's dead in the water.

Comment

• brook should fight canelo at 155. its a good style match up and is a winnable fight. both guys have a very similar style, brook should assume the counter puncher role and make canelo come forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                Like any said it was a mismatch

The corner saved Brook from further career ending damage

Not sure how bad that eye will be for future bouts

Stupid fight, Brook looked like a mess, i was actually hurting everytime GGG landed on him, it was painful to watch
                ... but not for the commentators -- who had Brook on top of the action.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                  This was nothing but a cash grab. GGG didn't even fight patient like against Lemieux. Brook was going to be broken down. I know people giving Brook credit and i do but it was about the money. We've seen other exploit GGG more then this.
                  I totally agree.

Brook did some good work though but part of that reason was Golvokin had no respect for his power and let it become a shootout because he knows he's won if that's the case.

If he was worried about Brook's power, i think GGG would have been a bit more measured. That's not to say Brook wouldn't land shots still, he's a very good fighter in his own right so he's always going to do some good work while he was in there.

At the end of the day though i really feel Golovkin could have broken him down whenever he felt like it, and basically did. Brook did some great work in round 2 and Golovkin come out in round 3 with intent and you could see the way the fight was heading i think.

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                    IMO Canelo vs GGG would play out similar although it'd be more competitive. Canelo has very good hand speed just like Brook but he'll get tired like Brook and then GGG would steam roll him. Canelo can't fight at a hight pace for 12 rnds.

As for Brook....Errol Spence is going to KO him in his next fight.
                    idk man.. after seeing this performance from ggg, i think the fight with canelo will be a lot closer. ggg gets hit way too much and canelo packs a way more power punch than brook. brook was landing some good shots on triple g.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Great showing by Kell just GGG a natural MW that strength and power showed , Gennady said himself Brook is not a MW and not strong enough , a fractured eye socket is a bad injury because it plays havoc with your vision I thought the corners stoppage was noble although not fan friendly Kell was just getting over powered the further the fight went .

No wonder they didnt want Ward he would box Gennadys ears off .
                      A Ward-GGG fight isn't even interesting, especially at 175. Honestly, if that's Canelo tattooing him tonight, the outcome could have been drastically different for Gennady.

Comment

Working...
                      X