Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War GGG!!!

And the streak continues.

Brook deserves a ton of credit, he gave Gennday the toughest fight he's had in a while. Personally I would have let him fight on a bit longer but chances are it wouldn't have mattered because he wasn't throwing back much that round at all.

Much better fight than I think many anticipated (myself included).

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      Golovkin himself just said brook is not a MW. Glad he kept it real. This was an exciting fight while it lasted.
      Yeah, he also said that he viewed this as sparring and his performance was a 3. I don't think he really trained for this fight outside of just making weight. He knew that he would have really hurt Brook badly has he GIVEN 100% across the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        Brook proved he's an elite fighter but golovkin has to much strength and power for a fighter jumping up two weights.....golovkin went into hyper mode in the 5th round and there's not much brook could have done to stop the onslaught...basically brook done better that any middleweight fighter triple ggg has faced and showed a lot of ability and were saying golovkin looks beatable now....no way ...there's only one way golovkin gets beat and that's with a monster shot on his chin that he don't see.....because sooner or later he will get to you and break you down....simple as that
        Great Post

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          You really expected to be impressed with this particular performance, given the opponent? I'm just glad he got it over with, without suffering any injury or cut. The last thing MW needed was another non-MW winning a belt.

This was clearly the worse version of GGG we've seen. It feels like he turned off his brain and just threw punches. I think the other top MWs will start getting brave because GGG looked vulnerable.
          Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          I don't know wtf happened....he must really not have been able to see because Brook was making GGG look like Shawn Porter...
          Did you guys really turn the tv off and start posting out of your angus?

:lo1:

GGG and his corner already said in the post fight interview with HBO that GGG was trying to rush the KO and was just swinging for the fences intentionally.

Abel was trying to remind him it was a 12 round fight, and GGG himself gave himself a 3-4/10 performance and said "this was not world class".

Or are you two just ignoring those facts? There is nothing to be concerned about. GGG literally called it a sparring session.

Comment

• I had no issue with the stoppage, Brook was going to take further punishment in a fight he was never going to turn in his favor.

Comment

• Lol this site clogged up

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Throw the damn towel.
                they threw the damn towel!

Comment

• GGG has a chin of steel

Comment

• great showing from brook there was no gulf in skill brook might even have the edge but golovkin was too strong and too relentless it was stopped at the right time it was only going downhill for brook from that point

i hope he can still make 147 he can be the king at welterweight

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Pimper View Post
                      Wtf was this ****????? Kell was gonna win!!!!!!!! That trainer is a fool!!!!!! This is the biggest fight of his life and you stop it prematurely???????? Wtf?????????????????

Kell was robbed by his own trainer!!!!!!!!!!
                      xD i guess were gonna have to wait a bit longer for the rise of Sugar Ray Brook

Comment

Working...
                      X