No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    I hope GGG and his team learn that they aren't worth shit and take the offer from Golden Boy. Canelo has a real good shot at beating GGG.
    We all have our hopes. Me for instance, I hope that you punch the wall with your head and kill yourself. But both our hopes are far from happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
      If Gennady can't get Saunders in the ring, will he entertain a bout with Lara now?

I think we all know the answer to that.
      Lara?

Lara gets demolished easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        Brook hurt him several times and could have KO'd Golovkin if he had fought with the right strategy.
        No one has knocked down GGG but somehow Kell can KO him? Stevens landed bigger shots and GGG just kept coming.

Oh. You're trolling, my bad thought you were being serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
          Perfect! Maybe now these natural middleweights will grow some balls and fight him.
          I have no desire to see GGG fight any of the current top middleweights. I would however love to see him fight the Ward-Kovalev winner. That would cement his claim as the #1 P4P fighter on the planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
            Yeah, too bad Kell and his corner didn't realize this. They probably thought Kell's best chance of winning would be to stay on the ropes. Lucky for GGG that Kell complied by staying on the ropes.
            Brook's corner told him to stay off the ropes. Brook ignored them. I think after Brook suffered the injury, he gave up. Brook is definitely no Muhammad Ali (who suffered a broken jaw against Ken Norton and still finished the fight).

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              I have no desire to see GGG fight any of the current top middleweights. I would however love to see him fight the Ward-Kovalev winner. That would cement his claim as the #1 P4P fighter on the planet.

That would get GGG knocked out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                Lara?

Lara gets demolished easy.
                GGG won't fight him. So it doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
                  Based on his fight vs. some random 39 year old from Columbia I highly doubt he would KO GGG. It's not like GGG would just stand there like he did vs Brook.
                  I am basing my assessment on Andre Ward's skill level, Ward's performance against the best opponents in the world at 168, and the fact that a blown-up welterweight was able to hit Golovkin at will and hurt him.

GGG only knows one way to fight and that is to come forward and attack. GGG cannot fight going backwards. Ward would attack him and force GGG to back up. Golovkin would look like a lost puppy in the ring against Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                    IMO Canelo vs GGG would play out similar although it'd be more competitive. Canelo has very good hand speed just like Brook but he'll get tired like Brook and then GGG would steam roll him. Canelo can't fight at a hight pace for 12 rnds.

As for Brook....Errol Spence is going to KO him in his next fight.
                    Golovkin's not going to be able to take the onslaught that he got from Brook, from a guy who's actually his size, well enough to hang on until said fighter gets tired late.

Brook was able to basically neutralize Golovkin (sans that shot that busted his eye socket) behind minding his defense (being aware of the type of shots that Golovkin is likely to throw, and from where Golovkin is going to engage), effective movement (moving just enough, to get out of the way yet still be in position to counter), and consistently working a solid counter-jab (whenever Golovkin would probe, Brook would cut the probe short with his own shot).

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      [/B]

That would get GGG knocked out!
                      I don't know about KO'd. But I have a hard time seeing him winning a round against Ward. I think he does a lil better against Kovalev. But as much as he gets caught flush, I don't see him making it 12 rounds against Sergey.

Comment

Working...
                      X