Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody at 147 thanking their lucky stars that brook will never fight at 147 again lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
      Kell fought well, just too small. He absolutely smashes Errol Spence though.
      Who knows what he will look like @WW after losing the extra weight/muscle.

Comment

• Give props to Brook for GGG looking bad. Brook was landing combinations at will, was landing his uppercut at will. People are quick to blame GGG but it was Brook who made him look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
          Brook's corner were watching out for their guy and thats their job. The only problem I have with the stoppage is that Brook gets to talk BS.
          Golovkin had no respect for Brook's power and was looking to end the fight early. He fought a sloppy fight because he had nothing to fear from Brook.
          Brook's a WW Alvarez, a naturally bigger guy who can drop lots of weight for the weigh-in and rehydrate back up for the fight, giving him a size advantage in the ring.
          Finally, man I can't stand the wanker Brit commentators.
          The IBF rules state fighters can't weigh more than 10lbs above weigh-in weight.

Brook is no bigger than Thurman, Porter, Spence, etc...but he beats them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Canelo will beat him.

Kell was way too small to pull it off, but he was making him miss and landing clean shots and combinations. That bum-rushing that GGG was able to use against a much smaller man to nullify his skills is not working against another skilled opponent who can match his physical strength.
            I think he GGG fights this way vs Canelo he'd lose but I think GGG respects Canelo's power and would use more jabs. He was just going for the knockout here when his strength is really slowly breaking dudes down

Comment

• Originally posted by HansGruber View Post
              GGG broke his eye socket, ROUND 5 DESTROYED. NEXXXTTTTTTTTTT.
              This ^. Brook has balls of steel taking this fight, too bad some of the top MW's had the same nerve. Maybe Saunders saw enough weakness to possibly step up next?

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
                GGG looked terrible. He was sloppy and fought rushed. I think he's overrated. Size is what beat Brook. Kell has better skills than Golovkin. Highly unimpressed with the "great"GGG.
                I agree he looked much worse than usual. He was rushing - very atypical of him. Maybe because he was under notion he is fighting a welterweight.

But to say GGG beat him only because of size is totally off. Brook would beat pretty much all MW bar GGG with the fight he gave tonight. There is not many fighters who would be able to take the punches Brook was landing.

I pick him to beat Canelo at 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Canelo will beat him.

Kell was way too small to pull it off, but he was making him miss and landing clean shots and combinations. That bum-rushing that GGG was able to use against a much smaller man to nullify his skills is not working against another skilled opponent who can match his physical strength.
                  he didnt bum-rush lemieux though and check my sig

Comment

• GGG was "tested"?

are you ****ing kidding me, the author is a joke and doesnt know chit about boxing. No wonder "boxing clever" doesnt use his real name, hes an embarrassment to boxing journalists the world over.

I guess stopping a welterweight two divisions smaller than you in 5 rounds is called being "tested"

Comment

• This was no test for GGG. GGG came out to fight promising a big drama show and he did. GGG treated Brook with disregard and like a welterweight that he is and took Brooks shots to make it a big drama show. If GGG wanted to box Brook like he did against Lemieux he would have but it would've been boring until GGG knocked Brook the eff out after boxing him. Brook needs to stop yapping about how he could have carried on and fight. No he can't. Brook was not match and would have been seriously hurt if not for the towel.

Comment

Working...
                      X