Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing actual weights, sizes, Golovkin, Brook, Canelo and Ward at Age 18 and now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
    So why do you refuse to give Floyd any credit? at 18 he was at 125..so he moved up 29 pounds
    You just gotta find a way to talk about Mayweather huh? This thread has nothing to do with him yet you find a way to drop his name. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
      Damn Little G is the same size as Cotto
      Except he's 3 and a half inches taller with like 6 inches more reach....and Cotto weighs 165 fight night and GGG 174....yup same size

Comment

No reason to get into fanboy wars.

Just a comparison to clear up some myths. I prefer facts over myths and i know some people are not able to look up all these stats.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          Except he's 3 and a half inches taller with like 6 inches more reach....and Cotto weighs 165 fight night and GGG 174....yup same size
          Yeah...he's never weighed 174. 173? Yes, once. He's been consistently 170-171 for the past several fights.

Comment

Christ!!! Really???

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              When Gennady Golovkin was 18 years old he fought at Light Welterweight (141lb) in the amateurs.

Andre Ward fought at Middleweight (165lb) and Light Heavyweight (176lb) in the amateurs at the age of 18.
              When Ward turned pro, he had a couple fights at MW (160lb)

When Canelo was 18 years old, Canelo fought at Welterweight in the Pros. (147lb)

When Kell Brook was 18 years old, Brook fought at Welterweight (147lb) in the Pros.

There is that myth that some fighters moved up alot in weight and some others did not.
              Golovkin was in the Kazakh amateur program and didn't turn pro until age 24.
              Ward turned pro at Age 20.
              Brook and Canelo were already in the Professinal Rankings at age 18.

Summary
              Age 18 and now, how much did each fighter move up?

Golovkin 141lb > 160, moved up 19lb
              Ward 165-176lb > 168-175, moved up 0lb
              Brook 147lb > 147-160, moved up 13lb
              Canelo 147lb > 154-155, moved up 8lb

Ward, after turning pro, had a couple fights at MW (160lb), which would put Ward at moving up 15lb from his lowest weight.

Maybe that cleared up some myths up that are out there.
              This thread will make people of a certain demographic cry. I like it

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Op ignoring my post that gg has been at 160 for 14 years. See how easy it is to change the narrative
                And hasn't missed weight once. Makes 160 comfortably.
                You don't even know what you are saying. Dullard

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  lol I was joking. I was using the OP's stupid logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Added Wards weight at 160 for his Middleweight bouts, even though i was comparing the fighters at age 18 and now. But i want to be fully transparent.
                    Is this you?

Comment

Hey jubei...moron, they aren't 18 now...congrats on being a total idiot though

Comment

Working...
                      X