Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    I'm not a golovtard, chill.

But I don't think many guys at 154 could beat him.
    Cool....but don't say they won't move up because that old bit.ch..

Fighters aren't afraid of one another despite what you want to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
      I discussed a few years ago how divisions like MW wouldn't undergo any significant changes but would see eastern euro champions and thus become "weak" in the eyes of US fans. It is going how i called it.

It didn't take much research; I just watched the same thing happen from hw, cw, lhw, on down... Every division became "weak".

I would say MW right now is one of the better divisions but the Canelo/Cotto charade with the lineal belt and other MWs generally avoiding GGG has made that talent sit around stagnant.
      No way middleweight is one of the better divisions. What interesting fights are there at 160 besides GGG?

Comment

No way middleweight is one of the better divisions. What interesting fights are there at 160 besides GGG?
        I would favor eubank Jacobs and bjs over anyone at 154 besides Andrade and probably Jrock.

Comment

• Originally posted by cork View Post
          I would favor eubank Jacobs and bjs over anyone at 154 besides Andrade and probably Jrock.
          Jacobs is levels above Eubank and Saunders.
          ....those guys are red hot garbage.
          Last edited by Kigali; 08-25-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Leave ggg and canelo out of this and you know that PFP 154 is levels above 160, and is much more deep..

Comment

My question is which division would have the better fights.

Besides ggg, which fights are there at 160?

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                Leave ggg and canelo out of this and you know that PFP 154 is levels above 160, and is much more deep..
                shhhhhhh...don't be telling the truth around here...Golovitards are sleeping.

Comment

My question is which division would have the better fights.

Besides ggg, which fights are there at 160?
                  154 have more interesting match up because those guys are closer in skill level and 160 only have 4 legit contenders. The fact that ggg is head and shoulders above everyone in that division make it seem like everyone else is garbage which isn't the case.

Doesn't even matter if 154 have more interesting match up. The reality is 3 of the top 5 won't fight each other and canelo isnt going to stay at 154 after his Smith fight so a lot of the potential matchup we might get won't happen.

Comment

154 have more interesting match up because those guys are closer in skill level and 160 only have 4 legit contenders. The fact that ggg is head and shoulders above everyone in that division make it seem like everyone else is garbage which isn't the case.

Doesn't even matter if 154 have more interesting match up. The reality is 3 of the top 5 won't fight each other and canelo isnt going to stay at 154 after his Smith fight so a lot of the potential matchup we might get won't happen.
                    If the guys at 160 were good barring GGG, those who defend it would be interested in other fighters in the division. But they don't because they're garbage.

Comment

If the guys at 160 were good barring GGG, those who defend it would be interested in other fighters in the division. But they don't because they're garbage.
                      By your logic everyone at 154 is garbage. So much potential match up but we get Canelo smith, Andrade culcay, and Lara vanes rematch. Are they garbage too because they won't fight each other?

Comment

Working...
                      X