Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    Well yes that alone doesn't make it a weak division. But let's not act like circumstance doesn't matter. Lemieux was a legit top 3 guy at MW when he got his title. Both Taylor and Soliman won their titles in legit fights. Vargas gets a lot of ****, but he wasn't a top 5 WW. Neither was Smith. Those guys are considered the fringe titlists at best. Lemieux was a top 3 or 4 guy wheh he won his title. And the only guys that would have ranked above him were Golovkin, Cotto and maybe Jacobs. So maybe I should change it to, "When you have a C level guy like Lemieux in your top 5, then yea your division is weak."
    Ok I'm going to rate lemieux a.c+ b- at best and he is a top five mw but then I go down to jmw and both charlo are b at best and those are two belt holders. Just because they have that zero doesn't mean they're great. And then Liam Smith have to be a d level talent. He's a damn domestic level fighter and yet all you guys do is ***** and moan about how weak mw is.

Comment

• Originally posted by animelive View Post
      I don't understand the Lara **** sucking in this forum. Whenever people **** on other's resume and fall back to Lara, I just assume he is a moron considering 2 draws and 2 losses in 154. If Lara can outwit a MW, why doesn't he grow a pair and go up weight? Fight and earn his title shot? You know why? Because he will probably get demolished by Wade even
      If you believe Wade can beat Lara, you don't deserve to be on this forum.

Originally posted by animelive View Post

And big deal, MWs will lose to SMWs. Good work, Holmes. Who would have known.
      We're comparing divisions, dumbass.

There is something about GGG which seems to turn a lot of people in this forum into ******s.
      You got that part right. Too many casual low iq dicklickers with low analytical skills pollute this forum. Golovtards are a scourge to boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        There is Canelo, Saunders, GGG, & Jacobs in that division but i constantly hear its a weak division. Its hard to find other divisions with as many top names and skills as the guys I mentioned if any tbh. Thoughts?
        Canelo isn't really in the middleweight division yet...so far he has refused to fight anyone at 160 lbs.

So you have GGG as #1. Jacobs and Saunders are untested, and barely beating Andy Lee doesn't speak well for BJ. Then you have Lemieux, Lee and a bunch of nobodies. After GGG, it falls off quickly, and then after Jacobs and Saunders, there's nobody.

Comment

• Top dogs: Golovkin, Saunders, Jacobs.

Prospects: Khytrov, Sergiy Derevyanchenko, Murata.

Healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            There is Canelo, Saunders, GGG, & Jacobs in that division but i constantly hear its a weak division. Its hard to find other divisions with as many top names and skills as the guys I mentioned if any tbh. Thoughts?
            ... it's also weak because Lara, Jarmell, Jermall don't move up...

Comment

• It's a good division, anyone who says its weak but fail to critize other divisions like Jr. Middleweight and Welterweight have an obvious agenda.

Comment

• Golovkin, Saunders and Jacobs. That's all the quality middleweight has.

Look at heavyweight, though. Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz, Povetkin, Parker, etc. etc.

Middleweight is a very weak division.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  It's a good division, anyone who says its weak but fail to critize other divisions like Jr. Middleweight and Welterweight have an obvious agenda.
                  it's a weak trash division........i have no agenda. golovkin is the only A fighter at middleweight. who's really there other then golovkin?

jr middleweight has charlos (although i am not big on them) j rock, andrade, lara, canelo. & it also has one of the most talented underrated fighters that no one knows about "Jarrett Hurd"

also welterweight has thurman, porter, spence, garcia, (brook if he comes back down) bradley, vargas, pac.

how can u compare that to middleweight? the 2nd best fighter at middleweight is jacobs (a b fighter)

call it what it is man........

Comment

• Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
                    Top dogs: Golovkin, Saunders, Jacobs.

Prospects: Khytrov, Sergiy Derevyanchenko, Murata.

Healthy.
                    Get that punk BJS' name out from there...

He would be food for GGG and Jacobs too and he is scared himself ****less not only from GGG but from anybody with a pulse.

In terms of prospects MW (finally) doesn't look bad but they are still just prospects so we will see.
                    As of right now, Jacobs and GGG are the only quality guys there nobody else

Comment

• Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                      If you believe Wade can beat Lara, you don't deserve to be on this forum.

We're comparing divisions, dumbass.

You got that part right. Too many casual low iq dicklickers with low analytical skills pollute this forum. Golovtards are a scourge to boxing.
                      Not even gonna bother anymore. 100% troll or you probably watch GGG in your dreams all night and got a phoebia.

Comment

Working...
                      X