Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

There is Canelo, Saunders, GGG, & Jacobs in that division but i constantly hear its a weak division. Its hard to find other divisions with as many top names and skills as the guys I mentioned if any tbh. Thoughts?

because a fighter they dont like is the best guy in it, so they have to say its ****

Comment

Most divisions have more than 1 elite A level fighter, middleweight has 1, 2 if you wanna include Canelo. Jacobs and BJS are good but B level.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        Most divisions have more than 1 elite A level fighter, middleweight has 1, 2 if you wanna include Canelo. Jacobs and BJS are good but B level.
        IDK man, Jacobs has to get some credit for KO'ing Quillen. Hes A-/B+ level, at least his power will hold him to that standard. Saunders isn't a killer or anything but he has skill, I dont think anyone but GGG runs through him and I know its what counts in the ring but Canelos name holds a lot of weight in terms of ranking. He was also the recognized champ in the weight division below which has to add to the reputation of the division...

Comment

Because a Kazakh fighter is dominating the division like it never got dominated before. Butthurt racist fans, mostly biased American fans are the people who say that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            because a fighter they dont like is the best guy in it, so they have to say its ****
            pretty much this........

Comment

Im honestly beginning to think that and I dont even like GGG but its hard for people to give credit where/when credit is due. Its sorta like when Klitchko was dominate the HW division was weak but now that he was defeated its on and poppin. There are a lot of weaker divisions in boxing

Comment

Pretty much.

Comment

Because none of those fighters have fought each other and they all have crap resumes. How do we know if Canelo is a good middleweight or if Billy Hoe Saunders and Danny Jacobs are anything more than mid-tier contenders? It's all speculation.

My theory, is that none of them want to fight GGG, because they suck. And since they suck, they want to get paid a gazillion dollars, before another average fighter, proves how much they suck, for a much lesser price tag.

A bunch of fighters that suck = a weak division.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Because a Kazakh fighter is dominating the division like it never got dominated before. Butthurt racist fans, mostly biased American fans are the people who say that.
                    Im American and I dont like GGG but honestly boxing in itself right now is weak not 1 specific division. GGG just jumped on board and taking advantage just like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                    X