Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas: "On November 5th I Will Shut The Critics Up!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I think Vargas misunderstands the criticism. It's not that everybody thinks he can't win, it just that everybody wanted to see someone else (Crawford, Thurman, Garcia, or Broner) other than him. People are tired of paying for fights that they don't really want to see. Now if the fight is on ESPN, it's not a bad fight. If it's a PPV fight, then that's a whole different story!

"its not that everything thinks he cant win, it just that everybidy wanted to see someone else"

ok??? so if he has a shot at beating pac then why wouldnt people wanna see this?

i would understand if people doesnt wanna see it because he has no shot lol.

Comment

Vargas is a paper world champion and has no business saying that he might even be a top 5 at welter. How quickly he forgets that he was completely outclassed by Bradley and his biggest win is against Sadam Ali. Get a grip.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
        See thats the thing, why would anyone want to see pacquiao broner rather than pacquiao vargas. Broner has a boring defensive minded shoulder roll fighting style and he hasnt done anything at 147 at all to warrant the fight. Vargas has a more fan friendly style plus he just knocked out sadam ali in an exciting fight and won the wbo. I would think the dumb outside of the ring antics shouldnt count much for real boxing fans.
        Plus Ali was a BIG favorite to win.

-265 which is about a 73% chance of winning. Leaving 27% chance to Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          You're a f.uck'n moron. Just thought you should know.
          ??? What was that all about???

Dude brought up some good points...

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            "its not that everything thinks he cant win, it just that everybidy wanted to see someone else"

ok??? so if he has a shot at beating pac then why wouldnt people wanna see this?

He's got shot. Just a small shot. If I can get some good odds I would put money on Vargas. Manny has a lot of sht on his plate and is getting up there in age. MexiCANS always make for good fights with him also. I'm buying the fight

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post

Because #1, it's a PPV that's two weeks away from a much bigger PPV fight: Kovalev vs. Ward. #2, Vargas is they guy that lost to Bradley, and everyone (casuals) has seen what Pacquiao has done to Bradley three times. #3, Most feel that Garcia, Thurman, Broner, and Crawford, are all better than Vargas, so they expect Manny to fight one of those fighters. Personally, if Pac vs. Vargas had a HOT undercard, and wasn't 2 weeks before Kovalev vs. Ward, I would pay the $60. Arum should just change the date, and give the fans a good undercard, something like Loma vs. Walters! That would do the trick for me!

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                You're a f.uck'n moron. Just thought you should know.
                And why is that? your reply is childish and immature. You cant prove me wrong so you just reply with anger. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I think Broner is a fan-friendly fighter. He stays in the pocket a lot, maybe too much! I thought Broner vs. Porter and Broner vs. Maidana, were both good fights! Even though he lost both, I found them both entertaining. I don't consider Bradley an elite WW fighter, but he made Vargas look very average. Vargas is not a bad fighter, I just think (and even Arum himself) that Broner would justify $60 PPV. Vargas, regular cable fight, or even better, a network TV fight like LSC vs. Frampton!
                  The porter and maidana fights were good fights because broner was getting his ass kicked around the ring almost the whole fight. Thats what i mean if he fought pacquiao it would not be competitive whatsoer. He folds up like a paper bag with oressure fighters.i guess it would be entertaining watching pacquiao knock him around the ring but even still he hasdone absolutely nothing to deserve it. We can agree to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                    The porter and maidana fights were good fights because broner was getting his ass kicked around the ring almost the whole fight. Thats what i mean if he fought pacquiao it would not be competitive whatsoer. He folds up like a paper bag with oressure fighters.i guess it would be entertaining watching pacquiao knock him around the ring but even still he hasdone absolutely nothing to deserve it. We can agree to disagree
                    You're assuming that Pacquiao is just as strong as Maidana and Porter. I believe both are much stronger than Manny. I think that Pacquiao vs. Broner would've been spectacular, especially at Manny weight: 144! In fact, I think HBO would've shown Pacquiao vs. Broner, even with Kovalev vs. Ward coming 2 weeks later!

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      After crawfords boring performance against postol? You would want to pay for that? Casuals will not want to pay for another runner or backstepper against pacman, the only fights that should be on ppv are action fights, who wants to pay for a number one contender who point fights or is not going to engage, save those fighters for tv, if vargas really promises to **** with pacman than im going to be happy, the casual fans will get their monies worth, ufc is beating boxing up the conor vs nate fight was the tslk of the town casuals said thats action we loved it! They are tired of seeing guys run from pac or fight scary, vargas is a wbo champion he had a more amazing performance than crawford when he knocked out sadam ali for the belt and he is no slouch. He has a chance to make a statement and he was the only young lion willing to fight pacman, crawford never called pac out directly, broner and garcia priced out, and thruman was just pretending in twitter he never went to haymon. Vargas is getting hate for no reason, even after his sensational win over unbeaten contender sadam ali a fight were everyone said ali would outbox or even stop him
                      What makes you think Thurman was afraid of Pacquiao? Arum called Haymon for Broner, says he never talked about any other fighter besides Broner! Why is that?

July 18, 2016:

Unlike non-Top Rank fighter Adrien Broner, who was reportedly under consideration for the slot as Manny’s comeback opponent, Thurman would actually be a threat to the Filipino icon and would have more than a fair chance of sending Manny back into retirement with a loss. And that can’t happen if you’re in charge of Manny’s career.

The undefeated 27-year-old Thurman has all the physical tools to give Pacquiao a rough time and is riding high on a wave of confidence after defeating Shawn Porter in June. Stylistically, he would represent a tough match for the former eight-division world champ and a case could be made that he probably has an edge over Manny in every category except for experience.

Manny could still emerge victorious despite a tough match-up with Thurman because, well, he’s THAT good. But it would be a major gamble on the part of Team Pacquiao and the last thing they want right now, at this stage of their fighter’s career, is a tough pairing where they simply can’t take it for granted that Top Rank and Bob Arum would be in a win-win situation.

Of course, Pacquiao could put his foot down and insist on a tough Thurman challenge, but he’s a much shrewder matchmaker than he likes to let on and he knows what’s what. He realizes where he’s at and what a loss would mean to both him and his business team.

So, yeah, in a sense it is fear that will keep Pacquiao permanently away from Keith Thurman. He’s not afraid of getting beaten up, but him and his people just may be terrified of a fight where everything is at stake.

http://boxingbuzz.sportsblog.com/pos...h-thurman.html

Comment

Working...
                      X