Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas: "On November 5th I Will Shut The Critics Up!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I think Vargas misunderstands the criticism. It's not that everybody thinks he can't win, it just that everybody wanted to see someone else (Crawford, Thurman, Garcia, or Broner) other than him. People are tired of paying for fights that they don't really want to see. Now if the fight is on ESPN, it's not a bad fight. If it's a PPV fight, then that's a whole different story!
    After crawfords boring performance against postol? You would want to pay for that? Casuals will not want to pay for another runner or backstepper against pacman, the only fights that should be on ppv are action fights, who wants to pay for a number one contender who point fights or is not going to engage, save those fighters for tv, if vargas really promises to **** with pacman than im going to be happy, the casual fans will get their monies worth, ufc is beating boxing up the conor vs nate fight was the tslk of the town casuals said thats action we loved it! They are tired of seeing guys run from pac or fight scary, vargas is a wbo champion he had a more amazing performance than crawford when he knocked out sadam ali for the belt and he is no slouch. He has a chance to make a statement and he was the only young lion willing to fight pacman, crawford never called pac out directly, broner and garcia priced out, and thruman was just pretending in twitter he never went to haymon. Vargas is getting hate for no reason, even after his sensational win over unbeaten contender sadam ali a fight were everyone said ali would outbox or even stop him

Comment

No money in the Philippines so Paq comes to drain America

Make Paq take his travelling grease mini act to Macau or stay in the Pinnes. Spare the USA from this travelling money grubbing greedy midget. No one in America is asking for a Paq fight anyway. And hand picking the easiest of opponents is a fricking joke. Vargas is a boxing bum. What a HOOT. Screw that Pay For Phew.

Comment

I think Vargas misunderstands the criticism. It's not that everybody thinks he can't win, it just that everybody wanted to see someone else (Crawford, Thurman, Garcia, or Broner) other than him. People are tired of paying for fights that they don't really want to see. Now if the fight is on ESPN, it's not a bad fight. If it's a PPV fight, then that's a whole different story!
        Good post mayn, really good points your brought up, all of em.

Comment

See thats the thing, why would anyone want to see pacquiao broner rather than pacquiao vargas. Broner has a boring defensive minded shoulder roll fighting style and he hasnt done anything at 147 at all to warrant the fight. Vargas has a more fan friendly style plus he just knocked out sadam ali in an exciting fight and won the wbo. I would think the dumb outside of the ring antics shouldnt count much for real boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            After crawfords boring performance against postol? You would want to pay for that? Casuals will not want to pay for another runner or backstepper against pacman, the only fights that should be on ppv are action fights, who wants to pay for a number one contender who point fights or is not going to engage, save those fighters for tv, if vargas really promises to **** with pacman than im going to be happy, the casual fans will get their monies worth, ufc is beating boxing up the conor vs nate fight was the tslk of the town casuals said thats action we loved it! They are tired of seeing guys run from pac or fight scary, vargas is a wbo champion he had a more amazing performance than crawford when he knocked out sadam ali for the belt and he is no slouch. He has a chance to make a statement and he was the only young lion willing to fight pacman, crawford never called pac out directly, broner and garcia priced out, and thruman was just pretending in twitter he never went to haymon. Vargas is getting hate for no reason, even after his sensational win over unbeaten contender sadam ali a fight were everyone said ali would outbox or even stop him
            I would pay for Pacquiao vs. Crawford in an instant! I don't see Crawford as a "runner" or a "backstepper." I see him as a very good boxer! He has power, can switch stances, can fight on the inside and outside. I see Pacquiao vs. Crawford as a 50/50 fight! Anyway, I don't think Pacquiao vs. Vargas is worth $60, especially when I will have to turn around and pay for Kovalev vs. Ward 2 weeks later!

Comment

Wonder if Vargas realizes that even if he wins, it will be viewed as Pac being completely shot. And not be seen as him defining himself as a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                You're a f.uck'n moron. Just thought you should know.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                  See thats the thing, why would anyone want to see pacquiao broner rather than pacquiao vargas. Broner has a boring defensive minded shoulder roll fighting style and he hasnt done anything at 147 at all to warrant the fight. Vargas has a more fan friendly style plus he just knocked out sadam ali in an exciting fight and won the wbo. I would think the dumb outside of the ring antics shouldnt count much for real boxing fans.
                  I think Broner is a fan-friendly fighter. He stays in the pocket a lot, maybe too much! I thought Broner vs. Porter and Broner vs. Maidana, were both good fights! Even though he lost both, I found them both entertaining. I don't consider Bradley an elite WW fighter, but he made Vargas look very average. Vargas is not a bad fighter, I just think (and even Arum himself) that Broner would justify $60 PPV. Vargas, regular cable fight, or even better, a network TV fight like LSC vs. Frampton!

Comment

Manny is not retiring,
                    Next fight:
                    Broner vs Manny
                    Crawford vs Manny
                    Floyd ($100M man) vs Manny 2
                    Thurman vs Manny
                    Garcia vs Manny

Comment

I hope Vargas does win, but after he was beaten in 11 out of 12 rounds by Bradley, and how well Manny looked vs Bradley, I think Vargas is out of luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X