No announcement yet.

When Canelo turns 30...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes actually the height of a featherweigth since he's shorter than floyd
    Last edited by daggum; 08-14-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      hes actually the height of a featherweigth since he's shorter than floyd
      How the **** is it possible for such a short kid to be so extremely heavy? It's insane.

His fighter name should be Saul "Chubby" Alvarez.

Comment

You are totally full of lies and BS as usual. Canelo has never weighed more than 172 pounds on fight night to the best of my knowledge. If he has ever weighed more than 172 pounds on fight night then show me that in a factual manner and not with rumors, guesses and BS. Natural light heavyweights weight 185 or more on fight night. Canelo is a big 154 pounder who might be better off at 160. I think he will be fighting at middleweight when he is 30 years old and he will be very comfortable at that weight. There is no reason for him to fight above 160 and 160 is traditionally the glamour weight class, not 168 or 175.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
          How the **** is it possible for such a short kid to be so extremely heavy? It's insane.

His fighter name should be Saul "Chubby" Alvarez.
          He isn't that short and he isn't that heavy. He is a lean, mean fighting machine. You just don't like him because he is too white and he isn't English. He is almost exactly the same height and weight as all time great Marvin Hagler. He is going to destroy Smith and your country will have one less world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            He isn't that short and he isn't that heavy. He is a lean, mean fighting machine. You just don't like him because he is too white and he isn't English. He is almost exactly the same height and weight as all time great Marvin Hagler. He is going to destroy Smith and your country will have one less world champion.
            Is that true? Was Hagler as short as Canelo? I know google is the quicker answer but I'm on here.

Comment

Dude, I'm not British and I'm happy about that.

Comment

You are totally full of lies and BS as usual. Canelo has never weighed more than 172 pounds on fight night to the best of my knowledge. If he has ever weighed more than 172 pounds on fight night then show me that in a factual manner and not with rumors, guesses and BS. Natural light heavyweights weight 185 or more on fight night. Canelo is a big 154 pounder who might be better off at 160. I think he will be fighting at middleweight when he is 30 years old and he will be very comfortable at that weight. There is no reason for him to fight above 160 and 160 is traditionally the glamour weight class, not 168 or 175.
                Canelo's weight was at least 180lbs against Khan, that was obvious to anyone. It's a wellknock fact that Canelo jumps between 154 and 185 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                  Canelo got the unique problem of being a 154lbs fighter by height and a 175lbs fighter by weight, often walking around at 185lbs. So far, he has been able to drain himself of weight very effectively and to rehydrate himself even more effectively. But with age, that becomes harder and harder to do. Right now, it must be terribly hard on Canelo to fight at 154-155 lbs and if not for Golovkin or Saunders, then he would likely have just fought at 160lbs. When he turns 30, though, the weightdraining business is over. He won't be able to jump between 154lbs and 185lbs anymore. By age 30, Canelo will either fight at 168lbs or have made a new weightclass at 162lbs or something...Even later in his career, he just might be forced to move to 175lbs. Which weight class do you see Canelo at when he reaches 30?
                  Tbh, at 5'7'' he isn't even the best height for light middle. Most light welters are 5'7''. Problem is, for such a short guy, he is very hefty and I don't if it's natural or a poor training regime cos he can't even maintain that 154lb body on a 5'7'' frame and will probably feel healthier at 160. Sadly, for 160, he is woefully undersized.

I can't think of a single top middle he'd beat.

Edit: By the time Canelo turns 30 and if he doesn't have Andrade, one of the Charlos, GGG, BJS/Eubank and another top middleweight on his resume, then it will be a hugely wasted career.
                  Last edited by soul_survivor; 08-15-2016, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                    If he loses his hair he'd just be this generations Butterbean
                    Judging by his brothers hairline he isn't too far off.

Comment

marvin hagler was 5'9 and duran was like 5'7

and man thats like 4 years from now.

he should move up to 160, stylistically there are better fights for him at that weight

he'd probably look better against GGG than any of the slick fighters at 154

Comment

Working...
                      X