Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
    marvin hagler was 5'9 and duran was like 5'7

and man thats like 4 years from now.

he should move up to 160, stylistically there are better fights for him at that weight

he'd probably look better against GGG than any of the slick fighters at 154
    Canelo would lose horribly to Golovkin and Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
      Canelo would lose horribly to Golovkin and Saunders.
      lol saunders, youre not being objective here. he'd get a decision over saunders.

i agree about GGG but at least it would be an entertaining fight.

i don't want to see another guy pot shot canelo all night and not go for the kill at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
        lol saunders, youre not being objective here. he'd get a decision over saunders.

i agree about GGG but at least it would be an entertaining fight.

i don't want to see another guy pot shot canelo all night and not go for the kill at 154.
        Saunders has defeated Eubank and Lee and is an undefeated young champion with great skills. Canelo may win the decision, due to corruption, but he sure as hell won't win the fight. Saunders will box his ears off.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
          Hes going to start taking losses, canelo tries to bully smaller guys and hes made a career of it. Only time it backfired was against floyd because floyd didnt let his ass rehydrate too much by making the fight at 152 and exposed him.

Look at canelos last opponents

Khan-lol ballooned up glass jawed welter
          Kirkland- shot fighter with a shot chin
          Cotto- smaller man past his peak

Once he doesnt have a big size advantage and isnt facing a shot fighter he will start taking losses . Canelo is basically a middleweight draining himself to hide from middlweights. The funny part is that he is also avoiding the top JMW's in the process, i used to like canelo but hes exposed himself as a bitch whos scared to take another loss
          ^^^^^this stuff here will make your soul burn slow...ouch

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he retires by 30 or 31. All that draining can't be healthy.

Comment

Canelo will create another weight class and the fans will be cool with it.

There is no way I see him beating Suanders. I don't even see him fighting Suanders at the full MW limit. At this point, Canelo has revealed himself and people still ride his nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised if he retires by 30 or 31. All that draining can't be healthy.
                Me neither. It's hard to be the short fat boy of boxing. When a 168-175lbs fighter has to drain himself down to fight at 154-155 lbs, then you know something is horribly wrong.

Comment

I think he could make 160 for a long time assuming he doesn't continue to add more muscle mass and add more problems.
                  He sure is a big enough man running scared from guys his own size or perhaps not near his own size but guys who possess power he has tried before in sparring.

Comment

In every way, Canelo is sorta like Floyd Mayweather, the Mexican Floyd both start off fighting people we want them to fight then all of a sudden they find a way to make excuses for not fighting what the public demand.

Could Canelo do it to a more cowardly standard I think he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      I think he could make 160 for a long time assuming he doesn't continue to add more muscle mass and add more problems.
                      He sure is a big enough man running scared from guys his own size or perhaps not near his own size but guys who possess power he has tried before in sparring.
                      I kinda think of it like this...

Canelo's maximum weight: Unknown at the moment.
                      Canelo's usual weight: 185lbs
                      Canelo's minimum weight: 154lbs

Right now, he has to drain himself of 31lbs to fight. Right now, it's a massive struggle for him.

He's getting older, which means draining will be more difficult, so I'm pretty sure that soon, we won't seen him fight at 154-155lbs anymore. By 2018, I'm pretty sure that he will only be able to drain himself of around 25lbs, which means he will be forced to fight at at least 160lbs by 2018.

From then on, he's closing in on the 30s of age. Draining 25lbs in the thirties is much more difficult than draining 31lbs in the twenties. He may be able to drain himself of around 19-21lbs by then, which will leave him at 164-166lbs.

In other words, at age 30, it's fair to assume that Canelo's maximum draining capacity will be around 19-21 lbs, which will allow him to fight at mimimum 164-166lbs, where he could make his own weightclass for a while.

When the midthirties knocks on the door, all the unhealthy draining will have caught up to him and he will, at most, be able to drain 12-15 lbs, which means that he, minimum, will be able to drain himself to around 167-170lbs.

In the late thirties, draining will be impossible for him and it won't even make a difference, as he can't beat anyone at 168lbs and up...

His body type is a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X