Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao's Adviser: I Lost All Respect For Adrien Broner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner is annoying and far too often behaves like a fool but he's only 27 with 4 division titles, only 2 career losses and in a division that can offer him numerous high payday opportunities. Broner is not Tim Bradley. Bradley had 2 one million dollar paydays before facing Pacquiao, while Broner has already had 8 so I'm not surprised Broner wanted more than what Bradley has accepted. Add that to the fact that Broner is 3 yrs younger than Bradley was when he 1st stepped into the ring with Pac, and you have a boxer that might want money than others. I'm not saying Broner should have turned down the Pacquiao fight, I'm simply saying that I can see why Broner would want more money. I believe we alos have to take into consideration that Broner and his team know that Pacquiao needs help making decent PPV numbers and Broner would have done that much more than Vargas.

Comment

Wait wasn't mannys TR contract up? He would have made way more money this fight without them lol. Koncz is just as dirty as arum

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
        I can admit I don't like broner but you can't admit his buzz died down? Barely getting 7 figure payday should automatically get you a 10 figure payday? Since he's such a hot commodity tell me who.he can fight that will net him 3 mill?
        Not saying that his buzz hasn't died down some but when you get 1 million dollars to fight Allakhverdiev and Theophane, you have no reason to accept $3 million to fight Pacquiao on the rival network. Broner brings more buzz and hype than Pacquiao's other options. Broner's personality and behavior make for a better PPV marketing than for Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
          Not saying that his buzz hasn't died down some but when you get 1 million dollars to fight Allakhverdiev and Theophane, you have no reason to accept $3 million to fight Pacquiao on the rival network. Broner brings more buzz and hype than Pacquiao's other options. Broner's personality and behavior make for a better PPV marketing than for Vargas.
          I agree with that but 4 mil plus ppv upside is a good offer especially if he beats Pac his name will be there again and people will watch him just to see him lose again. I just don't think he can get a better offer anywhere else because no one at 140/147 can be ppvs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
            koncz losses respect for broner cause he wont fight manny.

why doesnt koncz loss respect for manny for not fighting crawford.
            Crawford is boring and he can't sell PPV's.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
              i expect him to get back on the roids.
              Who? Mayweather? He is still roiding up. He knows how to mask it with IV's.
              Last edited by marikudo; 08-04-2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

We've lost all respect for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
                  Apparently you do not know the definition the word "fluke". Broner has made 7 figures per fight in his last 8 fights:

vs Theophane...$1.5 million
                  vs Allakhverdiev...$1 million
                  vs Porter...$1.3 million
                  vs Molina Jr...$1.25 million
                  vs Taylor...$1 million
                  vs Molina...$1.25 million
                  vs Maidana...$1.75 million
                  vs Malignaggi...$1.5 million
                  he is an athlete. Boxers and other athletes in this society of ours make money.

That doesn't mean he has a brain.
                  That means he has someone who saw the opportunity to make money out of an athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                    I agree with that but 4 mil plus ppv upside is a good offer especially if he beats Pac his name will be there again and people will watch him just to see him lose again. I just don't think he can get a better offer anywhere else because no one at 140/147 can be ppvs right now.
                    Oh I agree that he should have taken the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      he is an athlete. Boxers and other athletes in this society of ours make money.

That doesn't mean he has a brain.
                      That means he has someone who saw the opportunity to make money out of an athlete.
                      I don't know how smart Broner is but I do know that eight 1 million+ paydays in a row is a pattern and not a fluke.

Comment

Working...
                      X