Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao's Adviser: I Lost All Respect For Adrien Broner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what Broner is thinking these days

I believe he would have got a $3-$4 mil guarantee with upside on the back end. Probable would have walked away with $5-6 mil for one fight. He will have to fight 6-8 guys to make that now. If he beat Pac or just gave Pac all he could handle in a loss his stock would rise. My only feeling is he was worried Pac would embarrass him and cause his stock to fall which is why he wanted $10 mil retirement money or get out of the hole money I should say. I hope AB gets it together and gets a new team to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
      I believe he would have got a $3-$4 mil guarantee with upside on the back end. Probable would have walked away with $5-6 mil for one fight. He will have to fight 6-8 guys to make that now. If he beat Pac or just gave Pac all he could handle in a loss his stock would rise. My only feeling is he was worried Pac would embarrass him and cause his stock to fall which is why he wanted $10 mil retirement money or get out of the hole money I should say. I hope AB gets it together and gets a new team to boot.
      That's incorrect. Broner made over 1 million to fight Ashley Theophane and made almost $2 million when he fought Maidana so there was no way he would accept a $3 to $4 million purse to fight Pac, even with $5-$6 million upside. Broner acts like a fool but he knows that Pacquiao's option of Vargas, Crawford was never truly a consideration, is not going to bring the PPV numbers that a Pac vs Broner fight would. That 3 to 4 million plus PPV points is the same deal Bradley got but Broner knows he is worth more than Bradley because he is more polarizing and would sell more PPV's.

Comment

This right here

I agree with this 200%, nothing wrong with knowing your worth. Broner easily should have received over $10 mil, he's a proven draw. Don't lame him for wanting all that's coming, lower your cut Koncz and make the fight!!!!!! QUOTE=Ray*;16922526]I love the "He price himself out" of a fight excuses. I really dh

Comment

Originally posted by Shonoluv View Post
          I agree with this 200%, nothing wrong with knowing your worth. Broner easily should have received over $10 mil, he's a proven draw. Don't lame him for wanting all that's coming, lower your cut Koncz and make the fight!!!!!! QUOTE=Ray*;16922526]I love the "He price himself out" of a fight excuses. I really dh
          he is worth exactly what he is now getting, which is ZERO

Comment

Sucks that hes not fighting pacman because he would have received such a great beatdown. i would of loved to see that. But whats great is this fool deserves no PPV shot or that kind of money what so ever! who has he beaten?? no one. I hope he stays locked up for a long time and figures it out (which i doubt). Im ok watching him beat bum fighters on free TV.

Comment

Broner is a clown but I don't buy he priced himself out. Broner would put on a pre fight act during the buildup the likes we haven't seen since ODH/Floyd. He would definitely push sales in the face off and whatever 24/7 would be done.

Now its fair to ask if that is worth $10 mil but lets at least be honest that Broner would bring mega attention to the fight.

Frankly, Arum seems scared to match him with Broner, which is odd because most think Manny would beat him easily.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-04-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Broner is a clown but I don't buy he priced himself out. Broner would put on a pre fight act during the buildup the likes we haven't seen since ODH/Floyd. He would definitely push sales in the face off and whatever 24/7 would be done.

Now its fair to ask if that is worth $10 mil but lets at least be honest that Broner would bring mega attention to the fight.

Frankly, Arum seems scared to match him with Broner, which is odd because most think Manny would beat him easily.
                What Arum wanted was for Broner to accept that Rios/Algieri money, but Broner knows his value!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  What Arum wanted was for Broner to accept that Rios/Algieri money, but Broner knows his value!
                  Yeah you might be right. I know Broner was like GTFOH.

I think if you pay Broner what you paid Tim for the 1st fight-$6 mil or so-that would be fair.

I was so looking forward to the face=off. LOL.

Comment

That's why Pacquiao is the real TBE, and real cash cow when it comes to opponents. They demand money Floyd would laugh at giving. Danny Garcia's dad wants $20 mil for a Pac fight and $10 mil for a Mayweather fight. That also tells you who is the riskier fighter. Broner wanted Floyd without even talking about the money.

Comment

Broner would've been an easier fight than Vargas. Thurman didn't outprice himself. Crawford didn't outprice himself. I'd rather see Vargas than Broner. Broner would've been a cherry pick imo

Comment

Working...
                      X