Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin: Kell Brook is 147? No Way - He is My Size!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
    No **** Sherlock, he's going to come in carrying more weight than usual that's the standard thing to do when moving up in weight. The fact is Brook isn't massive WW like some people are suggesting. Guys like Spence weigh in the 160s on fight night, Brook is the same size as Crawford whom weighed 157 for the Postol fight.
    Guys like Spence who weigh in the 160's on fight night are not fighting at 147 with a 10lb rehydration limit like Brook was in his IBF title fights, dunderhead.
    Last edited by kafkod; 08-03-2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      According to this website, Golovkin was 168.6 on the same day weigh in amd Lemieux was 169.2
      Same day weigh in and fight night weight are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Guys like Spence who weigh in the 160's on fight night are not fighting at 147 with a 10lb rehydration limit like Brook was in his IBF title fights, dunderhead.
        He'd still weigh in the 160s if he did. Similar to what Lemieux did, he made weight for the IBF but entered the ring at 175 for Golovkin.

Comment

The Lil Ginas keep trying to shave pounds off of Lil Gs weight. I guess every little counts when trying to excuse a MW picking a WW.

So Golovkin was 171 on fightnight for Wade and he was 169 for Lemieux. Looks like my prediction of around 170 for Brook was spot on!

Comment

True. Unfortunately that data is unavailable and we have to use the most recent accurate data available

Comment

this mfer is un FUNKING believable....WOW

Comment

So Golovkin was 171 on fightnight for Wade and he was 169 for Lemieux. Looks like my prediction of around 170 for Brook was spot on!
                He was 170 for Lemieux and your prediction was 169 earlier in the thread.

Comment

You can`t take Gennady`s interviews in English at face value. I blame this quote on his poor command of English. He needed to say something on the matter and he said something which is not what he would have normally say on the same topic in Russian. Anyone who learned foreign language probably knows how it happens when you say not what you want to convey, but simply whatever your limited knowledge allows you. For Gennady the main goal of English interviews at this point is not to convey his thoughts, but simply to practice English.
                  Also, I think that people around GGG - his managers and Loeffler - should give him advice on how to answer the obvious questions regarding weight differences in a consistent manner, because all those not well thought out comments can backfire in the long run of his career and will surely reverberate among boxing fans for years on.

Comment

I'm glad you mentioned that, because the 156 you keep quoting as Brook's fight night weight was actually a same day weigh in weight.

He would have been more than that on fight night.

Comment

I'm glad you mentioned that, because the 156 you keep quoting as Brook's fight night weight was actually a same day weigh in weight.

He would have been more than that on fight night.
                      Making up things are we?

It was showtimes fight night weight which is why Porter was shown as 158, which is over the same day limit. CLOWN.

Comment

Working...
                      X