Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin: Kell Brook is 147? No Way - He is My Size!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    ggg was 173 his last bout right? or bigger...that was an ibf'er too...so that means very little
    No he was not. Against Wade, he was 164 on 30 day weigh in, 159 even on fight night, and 170 unofficially vs. Wade, who was 175.

Against Lemieux, Golovkin's IBF same day was 168.6, Lemieux 169.2, and unofficial fight night weights were also 170/175.

Golovkin was 173 2 years ago vs. Rubio. Rubio completely missed weight that night, and was 181 lbs in the ring.

Comment

People need to stop this nonsense of Brook being the biggest WW.

He is a pretty big WW, sure, but he's no bigger than Thurman, Porter or Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Brook/Golovkin is a money grab that's ment to break Golovkin into the UK market. On top of that it was a last second deal after being locked in on Eubank for nearly a month.

All that said, Brook is a hell of a lot closer in size to Golovkin than Khan was to Alvarez
        Really?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Thurman is actually known for being a small WW, Porter is average, but Spence is in fact huge for a WW. He's fought several times over 147 (just like Brook), and has rehydrated into 160s. Example.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Porter is 5'6", Thurman is 5'7", Brook is 5'9", and Golovkin is 5'10"

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              ggg was 173 his last bout right? or bigger...that was an ibf'er too...so that means very little
              Last fight night weight I saw published for Golovkin was just under 170 for Lemieux.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                That was an IBF title fight at 147 with a 10lb rehydration limit.

Trust me, Kell isn't going to be 156 on fight night vs GGG. He says he's going to be a couple of pounds over 160 and GGG will probably be around 170 again.

As this is also an IBF title fight there will be a second weigh in at noon fightday and both men will have to be 170 or under. My prediction for the fightday weights: Brook 163/4, GGG 169
                No **** Sherlock, he's going to come in carrying more weight than usual that's the standard thing to do when moving up in weight. The fact is Brook isn't massive WW like some people are suggesting. Guys like Spence weigh in the 160s on fight night, Brook is the same size as Crawford whom weighed 157 for the Postol fight.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Thurman is actually known for being a small WW, Porter is average, but Spence is in fact huge for a WW. He's fought several times over 147 (just like Brook), and has rehydrated into 160s. Example.

Porter weighed more than Brook on fight night for their fight, he weighed 158 and Brook weighed 156. Ooops.
                  Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 08-03-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    No he was not. Against Wade, he was 164 on 30 day weigh in, 159 even on fight night, and 170 unofficially vs. Wade, who was 175.

Against Lemieux, Golovkin's IBF same day was 168.6, Lemieux 169.2, and unofficial fight night weights were also 170/175.

Golovkin was 173 2 years ago vs. Rubio. Rubio completely missed weight that night, and was 181 lbs in the ring.
                    Last fight night weight I saw published for Golovkin was just under 170 for Lemieux.
                    The Lil Ginas keep trying to shave pounds off of Lil Gs weight. I guess every little counts when trying to excuse a MW picking a WW.

Comment

According to this website, Golovkin was 168.6 on the same day weigh in amd Lemieux was 169.2

Comment

Working...
                      X