No announcement yet.

Frampton would make millions fighting anybody

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    The Loma fight was going to be at 124 and I think Rigo asked for a 135 hydration clause but it was turned down.

I doubt Loma can still make 124 anyway safely he is already at 130 and talking of going upto 135. He is naturally far bigger than Rigondeaux not just that he has an elite skillset too.

As great as Rigo is even he has his limits.

Why not Frampton vs Lomachenko surely that makes more sense? Or is Rigo only held in this regard?
    I dont think Frampton would fight Lomachenko.

Comment

Because he would be giving away too much Rigondeaux has never hydrated to more than 126lbs for any particular fight.
      If they're saying no to a 135lb hydration limit I'm assuming he is more than that on fight night.
      What is he going to come in at? 140? 142?

He's not just a lot bigger than Frampton he is also vastly more skilled. It would be crazy and dangerous there are weight limits for a reason.

What other fighter in the sport is held to this regard?

I remember fans insisting Rigo fought Nicholas Walters, a guy who hydrates to near the damn welterweight division lol its crazy

Comment

Because he would be giving away too much Rigondeaux has never hydrated to more than 126lbs for any particular fight.
        If they're saying no to a 135lb hydration limit I'm assuming he is more than that on fight night.
        What is he going to come in at? 140? 142?

He's not just a lot bigger than Frampton he is also vastly more skilled. It would be crazy and dangerous there are weight limits for a reason.

What other fighter in the sport is held to this regard?

I remember fans insisting Rigo fought Nicholas Walters, a guy who hydrates to near the damn welterweight division lol its crazy
        If he can't get a fight wiht anyone, why not? Loma/Rigo is huge.

Yes there are weight classes for a reason, which is why they'd be fighting at 126. I dont see anything remotely wrong with a Loma/Frampton fight at 126. The reason Loma would win is because of his skills not size.

So you think Rigo is scared to fight Loma unless Loma is drained right? Also I don't think the hydration clause was the problem, I think it was Rigo wanting millions.

Comment

I don't think Rigo is scared of him no but he would be giving away too much and it could prove dangerous.

Even if Loma agreed to 124 with a 135 hydration clause Rigo would be giving away roughly 10lbs come fight night. That is a tremendous amount to give away at the lower weights.

Without the clause who knows how much maybe a stone or more. That is like over 1/10th of his overall bodyweight.

And Loma is an elite talent himself.

I think its too much its an elite Bantamweight vs an elite super featherweight.
          He might even win, IDK but IMO its not worth the risk not just of losing but I feel its dangerous. Fighters shouldn't be having to go up multiple divisions just to get a fight because the top guys in their division don't want none.

Anyway its been fun debating but I gotta step out for a bit.

Comment

I don't think Rigo is scared of him no but he would be giving away too much and it could prove dangerous.

Even if Loma agreed to 124 with a 135 hydration clause Rigo would be giving away roughly 10lbs come fight night. That is a tremendous amount to give away at the lower weights.

Without the clause who knows how much maybe a stone or more. That is like over 1/10th of his overall bodyweight.

And Loma is an elite talent himself.

I think its too much its an elite Bantamweight vs an elite super featherweight.
            He might even win, IDK but IMO its not worth the risk not just of losing but I feel its dangerous. Fighters shouldn't be having to go up multiple divisions just to get a fight because the top guys in their division don't want none.

Anyway its been fun debating but I gotta step out for a bit.
            See this is what I'm not getting, he wouldn't be going up multiple divisions, he'd be going up 2 pounds! Can you give me a source of his fight night weight for his last couple of weights. I find it hard to believe that he re-hydrates only a couple pounds. I could be wrong though.

Comment

I'd love to see it but would Rigondeaux move up to 126?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                With all the social media jabs he took the last 36 hrs since the fight he should be willing.

I think Leo may need to make a Rigondeaux fight @ 126. A win gets him back in the mix quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  With all the social media jabs he took the last 36 hrs since the fight he should be willing.

I think Leo may need to make a Rigondeaux fight @ 126. A win gets him back in the mix quicker.

Comment

Quigg should fight Rigo, that would show Frampton. Even when he loses, he'll have gained the respect of the boxing community. He's already taken a L so another one won't matter so much.

Comment

frampton is a good little fighter.

rigondeaux has literally scared american networks away. people turn off the TV when he fights. i get that he's a great boxer, but these are TV networks in the business of not giving things away [like fights that don't generate revenue, or build stars.]

Comment

Working...
                      X