Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara's Manager on The Possibility of Facing Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
    You're twisting. The most arguments were that Lara does not deserve THE MONEY, he's asking, not that he does not deserve THE FIGHT. The "straw men" is the trick in the discussion, when one side alteres the claims of the opposing side to make them easier to defeat. And this is precisely what you're doing...
    Yes, that's exactly what you're attempting to do there. Splitting my argument into semantics in a sad attempt to distract from the real issue I raised. I'm not going to let you strawman me here. Back to point; If GGG fans are so eager to see this, then they would certainly want to see him well-paid, right? It was already stated that it's not an outrageous figure and that Showtime would pay it. You're trying to pretend that all these hardcores want to see GGG fight Lara, meanwhile, all they're doing in threads every day around here is discrediting Lara's resume, saying he's a worthless runner, GG would just crush him so why bother, etc, etc, etc.

I like GG FAR more than I like Lara, but I'm not going to lie to myself like you're doing just for the sake of creating an illusion. You should be embarrassed. Go ahead and get in the last words, I'm not spending any more time on you.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
      I believe the fight will get made next year right before the Canelo fight in the Fall. HBO will have $$ in their budget in order to make this fight possible, Lara will most likely make $1.5+ million to sign on the dotted line and GGG will make a good chunk of $$ as well. A GGG-Lara fight will make the winner fight Canelo next. What stinks is GGG will have fought Brook,Saunders and Lara all while Canelo fought old small faded scrubs in road to their mega fight.
      Canelo's fight isn't too bad tbh. Only problem is he ran away from the division and is fighting at a lower weight after doing the smack talk in the ring. Pathetic and leaves a bad taste. Doesn't mean his opponent is too shabby though.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMSchneider View Post
        ....all these fighter talking about fighting GGG....but it is all talk......talking about fighting means absolutely nothing.....where are the contract offers......just a fancy way of ducking GGG....Lara would get his butt whipped by GGG...
        Then why doesn't he call their bluff then???

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yes, that's exactly what you're attempting to do there. Splitting my argument into semantics in a sad attempt to distract from the real issue I raised. I'm not going to let you strawman me here. Back to point; If GGG fans are so eager to see this, then they would certainly want to see him well-paid, right? You're trying to pretend that all these hardcores want to see GGG fight Lara, meanwhile, all they're doing in threads every day around here is discrediting Lara's resume, saying he's a worthless runner, GG would just crush him so why bother, etc, etc, etc.

I like GG FAR more than I like Lara, but I'm not going to lie to myself like you're doing just for the sake of creating an illusion. You should be embarrassed. Go ahead and get in the last words, I'm not spending any more time on you.
          I don't mind seeing this fight but GGG is clearly not a mega star who can keep paying 2m to his opponents. He only recently started making 2m himself. And if he is to infact pay that much, I'm sure he is smart enough to actually pay a credible MW opponent like Jacobs or Lee than Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
            The fans aren't stupid so they understand why the fights don't get made. Quillin is moving up. Jacobs has network issues according to his promoter. Lee, like Quillin is a loser to other belt holders and GGG has no reason to fight them anymore. Lee fight would be good but he is probably another bum according to NSB posters now. Saunders demands 5m+ which is not feasible right now. I think Saunders may be made after this Brook fight once the demand for GGG in UK is seen. If they fight against Saunders can get 12m, there is no reason not to pay him 6m and take his belt.
            I was mainly talking about Lara's options, not 3G's. Lara called out the winner of Jacobs/Quillin and Lee/Saunders. You have to wonder why Lara stopped calling them out. Fans won't even mind if he fights the losers of these fights. Again, there are no promotional issues with these fights. There's no HBO to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Yes, that's exactly what you're attempting to do there. Splitting my argument into semantics in a sad attempt to distract from the real issue I raised. I'm not going to let you strawman me here. Back to point; If GGG fans are so eager to see this, then they would certainly want to see him well-paid, right? It was already stated that it's not an outrageous figure and that Showtime would pay it. You're trying to pretend that all these hardcores want to see GGG fight Lara, meanwhile, all they're doing in threads every day around here is discrediting Lara's resume, saying he's a worthless runner, GG would just crush him so why bother, etc, etc, etc.

I honestly can't figure out what is the "real issue" that you raised. Could you elaborate? Because at the end of the day it may occur that our opinions on the matter isn't that much different... Bringing Showtime confuses me... Golovkin is contractually bound to HBO, or so I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                I was mainly talking about Lara's options, not 3G's. Lara called out the winner of Jacobs/Quillin and Lee/Saunders. You have to wonder why Lara stopped calling them out. Fans won't even mind if he fights the losers of these fights. Again, there are no promotional issues with these fights. There's no HBO to deal with.
                Lara just doesn't bring anything to the table. As a fighter, you really need to look at two things. Either the fight gets you lots of fame, or lots of money or lots of both. Fighting Lara gets you neither fame nor money. He has already blown the opportunities he got.

Comment

Chagedd his tone real quick. "Wants to stay at 154". Gtfoh

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
                    Golovkin is contracted to HBO, end of story. I like Lara, but he does not bring in the fans. If he's willing to fight Golovkin for 1.5-2 million, then let's make it happen.

Of course WBA will probably finally mandate Golovkin Jacobs, so Lara will have to wait.
                    Wade and Monroe Jr doesn't bring in fans lol, no matter who GGG fights his fans will support.

Comment

Di Bella said network problems though. Stupid Lil Ginas.

Comment

Working...
                      X