Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara's Manager on The Possibility of Facing Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara's Manager on The Possibility of Facing Gennady Golovkin

New York - In a stacked 154 pound division, Erislandy Lara (23-2-2, 14 KO's) has been reduced to fighting Delvin Rodriguez, Jan Zaveck, and a rematch with Vanes Martirosyan. Lara was victorious in all three bouts, but one must wonder when his next fight will be on the horizon. According to his manger Luis DeCubas, Jr., the plan is to return in the fall. One possibility is the winner of Saturday's fight between Sergey Rabchenko and Tony Harrison.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Lara commands a lot of money."
    Holy **** lol
    He made like 700k for his last fight and lost 5 rounds to Vanes.

Comment

"lara commands a lot of money" but they really want GGG, okay, 1-1.5m should be enough I guess?

Comment

Golovkin is contracted to HBO, end of story. I like Lara, but he does not bring in the fans. If he's willing to fight Golovkin for 1.5-2 million, then let's make it happen.

Of course WBA will probably finally mandate Golovkin Jacobs, so Lara will have to wait.

Comment

So he admits he never made any move to even talk to Haymon about fighting Golovkin. He just kept on tweeting. Now that Loeffler is reaching out to Haymon, Decubas now says, "I can't say the fight will be simple to make," hinting on pricing themselves out. Haha... same **** different toilet. Why would you even say that when you claim you want the fight badly?

We'll, at least these twitter clowns will eventually get exposed for their fraudulent behavior.

Comment

Rather see jacobs v ggg

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
              Holy **** lol
              Yeah that one got me too..
              Noticed how they dropped other MWs names too Jacobs & Saunders. Lara vs Jacobs shouldn't be hard to make by any stretch of imagination isn't it.. Why hasn't Lara fought him yet then? Makes me wonder..

Comment

So Loeffler contacted Lara's manager about fighting GGG, and now we know what the response was.

Lara doesn't want to fight at 160 yet, he wants to break the record for title defences in his own division first.

Fair enough, so now we won't be seeing any more GGG is ducking Lara posts.

Yeah right!

Comment

GGG is ducking Lara !

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                    Holy **** lol
                    And garnered Showtime a whopping 491k viewers in the process.

How Espinoza's been allowed to spend so much money for so little results in crazy.

Steve Kim just wrote an article about the reason for the HBO budget crunch was due to the attempted hostile take over by Rupert Murdock on Time Warner. Basically TW took $100mill out of HBO's budget to shore up their other en****** to hold up their stock value. By next year it could be returning to normal.
                    http://ucnlive.com/blame-rupert-murdoch/

In all, Lara doesn't command ****. If he was getting hedge-fund or Showtime wasn't splitting fights with Haymon's other networks, so they could overspend on the fights they did get, Lara would be back down to $300k per fight.

Date Purse Opponent
                    7/9/2011 $135,000 Paul Williams
                    6/30/2012 $40,000 Freddy Hernandez
                    11/10/2012 $202,500 Vanes Matirosyn
                    6/8/2013 $175,000 Alfredo Angulo
                    12/7/2013 $270,000 Austin Trout*
                    7/12/2014 $1,000,000 Saul Alvarez
                    6/12/2015 $1,000,000 Delvin Rodriguez
                    5/22/2016 $700,000 Vanes Matirosyn

Comment

Working...
                    X