Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"King" Cotto vs "The Blueprint" Chino Maidana: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime I would say Cotto but barely and now I would say chino easy
    Cotto is way too shop worn

Comment

I don't want Maidana to come back. He left the game a bad mother****er. He should stay that way. Cotto will beat him.

Comment

Whoever says cotto knows little about this boxing shyt, cotto would see visions of Margarito in the ring, and it won't be feathers on plaster he feels, but rare chino pop which even Floyd said he punched like steel...Off of tape cotto always struggled with simple activity, from Margarito to trout simply throw a lot of punches and Cotto can't look pretty and pose and pot shot. Cotto's ability to get low with his defense and head movement gets negated as that puts him in the line of chinos onslaught as chino gets low himself, that relentless onslaught, cotto doesn't have the pop in his right hand to keep maidana honest...As far as body work only khan dropped him and that was more a fluky punch not necessarily being hurt, I won't consider that a weakness, Floyd literally tried murder his body fight one and two and he stood tall even if he had to foul/fake to play it off. Lastly we underestimate chino because he appears small but he weighs 160 in the ring and has been known to spar and hold his own vs punchers like golovkin, who's to say cotto's power who skipped 147-154 affects chino...

This a match all wrong for cotto, and I'm fans of both, cotto wilts under activity even Canelo seen this midfight as he was kind of getting his ears boxed, he then started winging wild shots, a lot which missed but still cotto wilted, he ain't built for a fire fight with a limp right hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
          If maidana has anything left he will stop cotto.

Cotto is afraid of getting hit and is very mentally fragile. Marcos is the worst type of opponent for him
          At this point definitely, as a life fan of cotto watching vs Canelo that boy was terrified of pulling the trigger, the prime cotto that boxed Mosley ears off would have been countering that slow wild shyt, but he appears to be in check cashing mode, I felt he was more concerned of taking a asswhooping than winning when the fight was in his hands...Chino the wrong type of fighter for that check cashing halfway out the door mentality, even Floyd saw this

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Cotto is the better boxer but by a very slim margin.

Lol at calling Maidana inaccurate, he didn't rack that KO ratio with windmill punches. His defense is also arguably better than Cottos.

Maidana bullies Cotto and hurts him badly.
            Common son, Cotto is light years away in pure boxing then Maidana, he is one of the purest boxers out there. Maidana was getting outboxed by Josesito Lopez before the stoppage.
            Go look at Maidana's punch state percentages, there garbage, something like mid 20's consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
              Common son, Cotto is light years away in pure boxing then Maidana, he is one of the purest boxers out there. Maidana was getting outboxed by Josesito Lopez before the stoppage.
              Go look at Maidana's punch state percentages, there garbage, something like mid 20's consistently.
              Lopez was light years ago plus let's not act like Lopez ain't put all type of paws on a overblown Canelo, difference is chino beat whatever fight left that kid had in him, never the same...

I like the thought of the cotto fight, its about time people put that elite level respect on chinos name, broner and Floyd twice should of shown his level, no wild brawler but a educated stalker, bobbing, feints, pivots, Parry's, lead left hooks, and some counters rights on Floyd that none of those so called great fighters landed...Off tape he troubles, Manny, cotto and Canelo, he earned the right to be discussed at that level
              Last edited by sbbigmike; 07-29-2016, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
                Lopez was light years ago plus let's not act like Lopez ain't put all type of paws on a overblown Canelo, difference is chino beat whatever fight left that kid had in him, never the same...

I like the thought of the cotto fight, its about time people put that elite level respect on chinos name, broner and Floyd twice should of shown his level, no wild brawler but a educated stalker, bobbing, feints, pivots, Parry's, lead left hooks, and some counters rights on Floyd that none of those so called great fighters landed...Off tape he troubles, Manny, cotto and Canelo, Manny he earned the right to be discussed at that level
                Light years ago? You mean when he was younger and primer? Are you saying this older passed prime Maidana is a better boxer then he was before?

Comment

Maidana punches at like 20% connect rate, he poses zero threat to Cotto. Being wild and not connecting doesn't win you fights vs superior boxers. "if Maidana has anything left", when Cotto dominates him you'll say "Maidana had nothing left", typical dumb comments. He just went toe to toe with prime Canelo and didn't get stopped, Maidana stops him? Yea great post dude.
                  Cotto got sent to the hospital by two small welters in Floyd and Manny, miss me with this prime Canelo mess, sauls a very good fighter, but has yet shown to be great, only vs bums like kirland, the khans of the world, well even swift was able to drop khan 3-4 times what level is Canelo truly is, it could be argued he lost or arguably lost his only fights of substance, not to mention getting completely manhandled by Floyd, so really wtf does cotto standing up Canelo and his overatted ass have to do with chino's ability to beat cotto....

Break the tape down people and stop believing hype

Comment

Light years ago? You mean when he was younger and primer? Are you saying this older passed prime Maidana is a better boxer then he was before?
                    wont even argue this foolishness

Comment

Who ever voted Madonna is a casual. The man has been out of the ring 2 years and gained over 50 pounds of fat, no mas will be the result. He was never great at any point of his career losing to Khan,Alexander getting stunned by midget broner, levels to this sht sons.

Comment

Working...
                      X