Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We Wanted Ward, It Will Eventually Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
    Hold on a minute. Don't put your horse before the carriage. Ward hasn't bean Kovalev yet. That's a 50/50 fight. And even if Ward won that title, how sure are you that GGG's team wants it? Kell Brook was not a top priority for GGG's team...they only "settled" for him per the situation. And GGG will continue fighting afterward. I see GGG & Ward eventually fighting in light of Abel's comments. Shouldn't you be happy?
    Seriously, you don't think some guy like Medina wouldn't have accepted that fight? There's plenty of C level fighters at 168 too, could at least have gone up for one of them.

Comment

Then what is the real issue? Ward got too greedy & asked for too much?...like the Eubanks? Shouldn't you be happy as a Ward fan?...the fight isn't dead.
      Yet again Loeffler said himself it was a 50/50 split. What he would miss in money he'd more than make up for in opportunities as a REAL p4p fighter. How 50/50 is unfair is beyond me. Golovkin doesn't want any of Ward, he'd get embarrassed and exposed as a fraud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        He never said he wanted to fight him...see the quote again, he said he would "consider" the fight. They thought they were gonna bring some huge money when he fought Lemieux, and then Ward would have to take less money, it turned out to be beyond an epic fail of a ppv. You have to solidify your greatness before you can make your demands...what has golovkin done to earn his? So, I invite you to tell me why k2, Loeffler, and Golovkin are all living in some fantasy land where they are a huge ppv draw?
        Boxing resume & boxing draw are two completely different things...if they were one in the same, Canelo would be the greatest boxer on the planet. Of course, we know that's not true. GGG's team could make demands because they were the A-side to Ward. Even before they fought Lemieux they were the A-side to Ward. They're still outselling anything Ward's ever been in. Right now, as it stands, GGG is still the A-side. Foolish to argue otherwise.

If we're talking about GGG's resume, then yes it needs to get better. Good thing his career isn't over. And it's funny how GGG critics continually attack GGG's ability to draw fans based off of 1 ppv event...you're basing everything you ever want to know & ever need to know about GGG based off of one ppv event. Wouldn't that be more of a fantasyland thing?

Comment

Oh, so golovkin now at 35 pro fights and 34 years old and NEVER fought above 160 is going to move up to 175? BS! They will demand yet another catchweight in order to duck him golovkin will have lost by then anyway, so it doesn't matter
          He could eventually move up to 175...don't rule it out. Like I said before, don't put the horse before the carriage. Hopkins was a career Middleweight but eventually made it to 175. Good ole RJJ did the same. Don't rule out possibilities.

Comment

Seriously, you don't think some guy like Medina wouldn't have accepted that fight? There's plenty of C level fighters at 168 too, could at least have gone up for one of them.
            Financially, the Brook fight is better. And skill-wise, Brook is better. And this isn't even mentioning that they needed a British fighter to step up in order to keep the event in the UK. Otherwise, they would have to scrap that event & start all over. I have no doubt that they could have found lesser competition to fight, most likely a new venue in the States. But that's going through a whole new bout of negotiations (time lost), losing out on the date & venue (money lost), losing out on the UK debut (brand advancement lost), & getting pretty much the same criticism for fighting lesser competition. When you factor in the ducking, Brook really was the last viable option for a September fight in London.

Comment

Yet again Loeffler said himself it was a 50/50 split. What he would miss in money he'd more than make up for in opportunities as a REAL p4p fighter. How 50/50 is unfair is beyond me. Golovkin doesn't want any of Ward, he'd get embarrassed and exposed as a fraud.
              To start with, Ward doesn't even have a strong enough draw to justify a 50/50 purse. He was getting the best of the deal. But he wanted more. He wanted that money & the 168 weight. Now I've been consistent on this. If Ward & his team truly wanted that fight at 168, they should be have been willing to take less money. Froch is a bigger draw than Ward. And at the time, JCCjr was a bigger draw than Ward. Ward might have the resume, but he certainly doesn't have the following.

And did you even watch that GGG/Rosado fight preview like I asked you to? You wouldn't say GGG doesn't want any of Ward if you saw their first interaction. Just type it in: GGG/Rosado fight preview video. GGG isn't afraid to fight him. In fact, he said that Ward isn't even a man. I'm sure that got Ward fired up...but was it enough to persuade him to take on GGG after he's freed from the HBO contract? From my point of view, it seems like Ward is the one who's scared...perhaps not scared to fight...perhaps he's scared of a resulting KO...perhaps he's scared of the social backlash if he loses...who knows. But there's no denying that when push came to shove, his team got greedy & asked for more. Still waiting for that email, Andre.

Comment

Financially, the Brook fight is better. And skill-wise, Brook is better. And this isn't even mentioning that they needed a British fighter to step up in order to keep the event in the UK. Otherwise, they would have to scrap that event & start all over. I have no doubt that they could have found lesser competition to fight, most likely a new venue in the States. But that's going through a whole new bout of negotiations (time lost), losing out on the date & venue (money lost), losing out on the UK debut (brand advancement lost), & getting pretty much the same criticism for fighting lesser competition. When you factor in the ducking, Brook really was the last viable option for a September fight in London.
                So you're ok with a career MW fighting a career WW....ok got it. I know that brook will be hyped up by all of his fans such as yourself, and you know I like Brook and feel that he has skill, however he's had no time to acclimate to any higher fighting weight and it's a foregone conclusion that Brook will lose by KO.

What it really comes down to is you can argue draw, purse splits, etc. However, Ward is known by many to be a top p4p fighter, what golovkin needs to do is actually beat one, but he has to agree to fight them first. He never agreed to fight Ward. They were sent an offer, why is that so hard for you to understand? If you feel Ward is sooooo afraid of golovkin, then why the hell would Roc nation send any offer at all? Let me ask again, because no golovkin fans can give a decent answer, but why would Ward have a contract to fight Kovalev if he was afraid of golovkin? Not to mention, if golovkin really wanted it, he'd have taken Floyd up on his offer to fight Ward and if he won, Floyd said he'd fight him. That's some money for those greedy basturds over on Golovkin's side right? AND, that's only 2 fights rather than the 3 before a supposed fight with Canelo next year.
                Last edited by Metho_4u; 07-27-2016, 12:59 AM.

Comment

He could eventually move up to 175...don't rule it out. Like I said before, don't put the horse before the carriage. Hopkins was a career Middleweight but eventually made it to 175. Good ole RJJ did the same. Don't rule out possibilities.
                  Lol, you're seriously comparing Hopkins and a prime RJJ to golovkin?? Fu***** amazing! Lol

Comment

• I also see no result for the fight preview you are speaking of, searched it just as you typed it in

Comment

So you're ok with a career MW fighting a career WW....ok got it. I know that brook will be hyped up by all of his fans such as yourself, and you know I like Brook and feel that he has skill, however he's had no time to acclimate to any higher fighting weight and it's a foregone conclusion that Brook will lose by KO.

What it really comes down to is you can argue draw c purse splits, etc. However, Ward is known by many to be a top p4p fighter, what golovkin needs to do is actually beat one, but he has to agree to fight them first. He never agreed to fight Ward. They were sent an offer, why is that so hard for you to understand? If you feel Ward is sooooo afraid of golovkin, then why the hell would Roc nation send any offer at all? Let me ask again, because no golovkin fans can give a decent answer, but why would Ward have a contract to fight Kovalev if he was afraid of golovkin? Not to mention, if golovkin really wanted it, he'd have taken Floyd up on his offer to fight Ward and if he won, Floyd said he'd fight him. That's some money for those greedy basturds over on Golovkin's side right? AND, that's only 2 fights rather than the 3 before a supposed fight with Canelo next year.
                      It's a mismatch that I'll watch. And I think people will be pleasantly surprised on how competitive it is, until GGG gets the KO. But it's not unheard of that a MW would fight a WW. And some WW's have won those bouts. Let's keep it in perspective here. It's world-level boxing vs world-level boxing. That should be enough to get a boxing fan excited. And there is that possibility that Brook acclimates to the weight smoothly.

Why would Ward have a contract to fight Kovalev if he was afraid of Golovkin? Because styles make fights. Kovalev's style is inherently different from GGg's...& Ward's. That's why boxing fans desire it. GGG's style might be that much more dangerous than Kovalev's style just because of his aggression matched with power. I disagree that GGG didn't want to fight Ward. Again, look at the GGG/Rosado fight preview video. And I think that the GGG/Ward fight wasn't made partially because of RocNation's inexperience in negotiations. They're a brand new outfit. And the evidence of their inexperience is not even knowing that GGG already had Lemieux lined up when they sent a counter-offer. Or maybe RocNation knew & sent the offer anyway just to save face in front of Ward's fans. See, the only thing that can vindicate everything Ward & his team has said is the presentation of that email Ward talked about. If you can find & present that email, so many Ward fans (or GGG critics) would get justification. But we have yet to see it...& we might never see it. And that whole thing about FMJ saying GGG needs to fight Ward before he can get him was such a BS proposition that I doubt many boxing fans took it seriously. I mean, come on...he wanted GGG to fight Ward at 168 (or higher), then come back down to 154 to fight FMJ?...to me, it sounds more like FMJ was just putting up roadblocks. It's been said before: if both fighters truly want the fight, then a contract can be drawn up quickly. GGG can't fight boxers who aren't willing.

Comment

Working...
                      X