Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We Wanted Ward, It Will Eventually Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
    What a load of rubbish? Who are they fooling? When this was happening they clearly stated they wouldn't move up for Ward but didn't mind moving up for Froch. All this rubbish about fighting Lameux wasn't the real issue.
    Then what is the real issue? Ward got too greedy & asked for too much?...like the Eubanks? Shouldn't you be happy as a Ward fan?...the fight isn't dead.
    Last edited by JUNIABOY; 07-26-2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
      Anybody else notice he said "168?" Ward no longer fights at 168, so why mention fighting him there? If he beats Kovalev, Ward-GGG remains the biggest fight in boxing, among hardcore fans, which it has been for sometime now. By being willing to fight Kell Brook, who's moving up two divisions. GGG loses the rite to ask Ward for a catchweight. He would need to agree to fight him at 175, for the light heavyweight title. If he doesn't, its a duck.
      Hold on a minute. Don't put your horse before the carriage. Ward hasn't bean Kovalev yet. That's a 50/50 fight. And even if Ward won that title, how sure are you that GGG's team wants it? Kell Brook was not a top priority for GGG's team...they only "settled" for him per the situation. And GGG will continue fighting afterward. I see GGG & Ward eventually fighting in light of Abel's comments. Shouldn't you be happy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
        ward already stated once he moved up to 175 he wasn't dropping back down that's why he was trying get the lil g fight first then kov
        Don't rule out a GGG/Ward fight in the light of Abel's quotes. GGG could get to 175 sooner than anyone thinks. Shouldn't you be happy? As a boxing fan, I know I am.

Comment

• 4lbs makes a huge diff if your barely making the weight your fighting at. Just look at what happened to Chad Dawson when he fought ward. He was never the same after those extra pounds he had to cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
            Dude is a clown.... And his team just said they were willing to fight DeGale @ 168
            What information did you come across which debunks that statement? If GGG's team says they would fight DeGale, then that produces another juicy matchup for the boxing fans. Why so angry?

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              Why is 164 ridiculous? Its a 4 lb departure for each fighter. Andre made it seem like making 164 was not problem when asked directly by Marcellus Wiley about it. If it was so ridiculous, why didn't Andre address the question as such? Why did he say, 'I walk around at 180' like he can make 164 no problem. Why didn't he say 'There's no way I can make that...'?

Why the need to call someone a nuthugger? I havent disrespected you and would appreciate the same courtesy
              4lbs makes a huge diff if your barely making the weight your fighting at. Just look at what happened to Chad Dawson when he fought ward. He was never the same after those extra pounds he had to cut.

Comment

• Them MFers lying

Comment

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                  Loeffler also said that they didn't know what weight Ward would be fighting at when that opportunity re-introduces itself. GGG does want to fight Ward, that much is a given. But does Ward? I invite you to watch the preview video of GGG/Rosado...it's where Ward & GGG meet for the first time...I politely ask for you to tell the people on this forum what GGG said to Ward the first time they met, & Ward's response. It's an interesting tidbit.
                  He never said he wanted to fight him...see the quote again, he said he would "consider" the fight. They thought they were gonna bring some huge money when he fought Lemieux, and then Ward would have to take less money, it turned out to be beyond an epic fail of a ppv. You have to solidify your greatness before you can make your demands...what has golovkin done to earn his? So, I invite you to tell me why k2, Loeffler, and Golovkin are all living in some fantasy land where they are a huge ppv draw?

Comment

Then what is the real issue? Ward got too greedy & asked for too much?...like the Eubanks? Shouldn't you be happy as a Ward fan?...the fight isn't dead.
                    Oh, so golovkin now at 35 pro fights and 34 years old and NEVER fought above 160 is going to move up to 175? BS! They will demand yet another catchweight in order to duck him golovkin will have lost by then anyway, so it doesn't matter

Comment

What information did you come across which debunks that statement? If GGG's team says they would fight DeGale, then that produces another juicy matchup for the boxing fans. Why so angry?
                      Because he's fighting a f****n WW you moron! What in the hell are you doing taking up for that? He's not going to fight DeGale.

Comment

Working...
                      X