Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We Wanted Ward, It Will Eventually Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
    No, my intent was to show that GGG is willing to fight Ward, & isn't a coward like some critics would suggest. You could see it on his face. He wants that challenge. And you can't say the door is closing when GGG's popularity only grows. Keep in mind that GGG will probably be in his prime for another 3-5 years depending on well he can avoid damage. So in that line of thought, he could very well make it to 175 within that time frame. And since Ward is younger, there is reason to believe that the window is very much open. You can call Loeffler a snake in the grass like all the other promoters if you want. But his job isn't finished because GGG stock will continue to grow as long as he continues winning. Don't be so quick to dismiss. Within a year, a year and a half, he will have conquered 160. He could conquer 168 much quicker. Leaving the door open for several fights against 175 fighters. Loeffler could very well be in a fabulous position to attract Ward to fight GGG. You never know. So don't be so quick to dismiss GGG.
    Dude, I'm dismissing him because he's fighting a career WW...wtf is so hard to understand about that? I dismiss him because he's not once challenged himself. I dismiss him because he's in a weak division that he wants to unify simply because it's weak. He wouldn't be unifying at say 175 or likely not even 168. Ward has plans to go all the way to HW for a world title, so by the time goducklin would get there (which he won't) Ward will in all likelihood be gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Dude, I'm dismissing him because he's fighting a career WW...wtf is so hard to understand about that? I dismiss him because he's not once challenged himself. I dismiss him because he's in a weak division that he wants to unify simply because it's weak. He wouldn't be unifying at say 175 or likely not even 168. Ward has plans to go all the way to HW for a world title, so by the time goducklin would get there (which he won't) Ward will in all likelihood be gone.
      Or maybe GGG is trying to unify 160 because it's his division. As a boxing fan, I want to see another undisputed champion. As a boxing fan, I want to see records broken. GGG has that potential that passes the eye test. It would be wrong to force GGG to give up on his goal when he's so close. And it truly feels like the boxers who have ducked GGG are more concerned with their retirement plan rather than their boxing legacy. For most, attaining 3 belts in one fight would be a dream come true. So why aren't the top MW's jumping to fight GGG?...because for whatever reason, they don't want to fight him right now. As if delaying the inevitable. I'm not going to go out on a limb & say GGG will win all his fights at 160 against the remaining top guys. But it's far more admirable to see a boxer truly want to dismiss all doubt about his standing at 160. I want to see that. Now if you want to be critical of him for his upcoming mismatch, fine...don't watch it. But I want to see it. And I'm sure quite a few UK fans who got to the ticket sale 11 minutes too late, would love to watch GGG fight as well. His career isn't over yet. And the guy is probably going to fight in December too. Let him stay active if top guys don't want fight him in September.

Comment

• Day 4, once again a ****** exclamation by Sanchez, it's his 4 days streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by cork View Post
          Can you post me the whole article? I can't get the website working because fear of virus or whatever.
          There is no article. THIS is not an article, just a cheaply inflaming cut out quotes. There is a group of small question-answer videos with Sanchez at fighthub/youtube, where it is plainly seen he treats it like one whole interview while these "article writers" treat it like "their own interviews" (or one man cutting his long video into pieces to further produce this shYt of articles and get clicks/threads of flaming and trolling by ppl without desire and/or ability to investigate the matter they holywarring about).

Comment

Working...
          X