Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler Confirms: Golovkin Would Have Fought Degale at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    There is a lot of this situation that's weird. It's like Hearn is the main promoter of this event, they signed an agreement with Hearn and then Hearn made all the decisions. I don't think they even agreed to Brook from the sounds of it but were told that's who they were fighting by hearn. "We had a contract signed by Golovkin, Eubanks Jr passed so I presented it to Brook and he took the fight within two hours." I'm not sure wtf is going on at K2 but how do you come to an agreement with a promoter without knowing who the actual opponent is. If this is really how it went down shame on Tom Loeffler for f'ing up yet again.
    U don't think Hearns didn't ring K2 and explain that Eubank was ****in around and maybe Brook would be ok? Course he did. Why DeGale's name wasn't put forward is a different matter - maybe DeGale is already in negotiations with Jack? That has supposedly been in negotiations for months now - who knows what is happening there?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      It's not hard to understand how this went down unless you want to start twisting things. K2 signed for Eubank, then when Eubank balked they were presented with Brook as an option to which they accepted. K2 accepted the same career-high payday but for an easier opponent. Not much too it other that that. K2's not licensed in the UK, so yeah it's a Matchroom show.
      Please be aware of how your words can be perceived, things such as "twisting" can be perceived as you calling me out on some bullshhh trying to spin this matchup which is not what i'm doing. As I stated the way Hearn has talked about this even he hired k2 and golovkin for their appearance in order to not lose the date and venue he signed brook onto the fight. This is Eddie's own words whether it is true or not is another thing but those are his words. I don't agree with this fight, I have said that time and time again.

Comment

People would've crucified Golovkin for fighting Brook no matter what. It is what it is - a stay busy fight/money grab. Golovkin's making a career high payday for this fight and it's going to open doors for more fights in the UK.

If Brook/Golovkin leads to DeGale/Golovkin then I'm all good. DeGale is on top of my wishlist to fight Golovkin.

You're right, it is a money grab. Again, wouldn't be an issue if not for the statements like "I'm not business man."

Comment

So much damage control...

Comment

Please be aware of how your words can be perceived, things such as "twisting" can be perceived as you calling me out on some bullshhh trying to spin this matchup which is not what i'm doing. As I stated the way Hearn has talked about this even he hired k2 and golovkin for their appearance in order to not lose the date and venue he signed brook onto the fight. This is Eddie's own words whether it is true or not is another thing but those are his words. I don't agree with this fight, I have said that time and time again.
            I don't understand how people don't reference that Brook resonated as an opponent back even in March -April from Hearn and Loeffler which can be found on youtube. Of course in that time 155 catch that Brook hinted out eventually turned to 157 and industry including reporters where all speculating the rumour WHICH Loeffler didn't deny that it was mentioned. Of course Brook did all that to gain attention from the Alvarez vs Khan bout. This is obvious.

Now all these NSB casuals want others to believe that Brook was last minute... there's no way in hell Hearn would'velet those initial rumours go out if he didn't think a business strategy could be made, and apparently Brook has been struggling to make 147, so they say...

Therefore, Brook was ALWAYS a plan B for the Eubank fiasco. The demands from Eubank Sr. didn't force Brook vs Golovkin. Hearn could've scouted other 160 potentials unless Eubank Jr. is too being ducked?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              U don't think Hearns didn't ring K2 and explain that Eubank was ****in around and maybe Brook would be ok? Course he did. Why DeGale's name wasn't put forward is a different matter - maybe DeGale is already in negotiations with Jack? That has supposedly been in negotiations for months now - who knows what is happening there?
              It's Eddie Hearn dude..the british bob arum. I don't know as I am not privied to their conversations I am going based off of what Loeffler, Sanchez, and Hearn have said. The matchup stinks and I say that as a Golovkin fan.

Comment

'Hire for appearance' is not an uncommon practice. TR did this for Hopkins in the Dela Hoya fight as a means to pay him and save on fees & taxes. Accounting tricks, but it's all part of the fight agreement though.

Hearn went to work setting up the Eubank/Golovkin fight and found it to be very profitable. Eubank got difficult or bailed, Eddie found a way to keep his money. This fight is clearly a cash grab, people shouldn't get upset if they try to hype it, that's what they're supposed to do. As always fans can vote by not watching it or even talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  I don't understand how people don't reference that Brook resonated as an opponent back even in March -April from Hearn and Loeffler which can be found on youtube. Of course in that time 155 catch that Brook hinted out eventually turned to 157 and industry including reporters where all speculating the rumour WHICH Loeffler didn't deny that it was mentioned. Of course Brook did all that to gain attention from the Alvarez vs Khan bout. This is obvious.

Now all these NSB casuals want others to believe that Brook was last minute... there's no way in hell Hearn would'velet those initial rumours go out if he didn't think a business strategy could be made, and apparently Brook has been struggling to make 147, so they say...

Therefore, Brook was ALWAYS a plan B for the Eubank fiasco. The demands from Eubank Sr. didn't force Brook vs Golovkin. Hearn could've scouted other 160 potentials unless Eubank Jr. is too being ducked?

Maybe so, the way it's being sold by Matchroom leaves a bitter taste in my mouth personally. Also please stop referring to people enjoying the sport here as casuals. I don't know a single casual fan that actually has an account on any single boxing forum, that kind of defeats the purpose of "casual." I just want Loeffler out of the equation here, the guy is about as useful as a condom after you bust the nut inside the chick.

Comment

'Hire for appearance' is not an uncommon practice. TR did this for Hopkins in the Dela Hoya fight as a means to pay him and save on fees & taxes. Accounting tricks, but it's all part of the fight agreement though.

Hearn went to work setting up the Eubank/Golovkin fight and found it to be very profitable. Eubank got difficult or bailed, Eddie found a way to keep his money. This fight is clearly a cash grab, people shouldn't get upset if they try to hype it, that's what they're supposed to do. As always fans can vote by not watching it or even talking about it.
                    We are in agreement, and I am aware this is a common practice. What I want is full on clarification because there is a big difference between you actively being the promoter negotiating this clusterfk of a fight or just being hired help.

Comment

There we have it, case closed, now you trolls saying golovkin needs to step up in weight can give it a rest

Comment

Working...
                      X