Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler Confirms: Golovkin Would Have Fought Degale at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    There is a lot of this situation that's weird. It's like Hearn is the main promoter of this event, they signed an agreement with Hearn and then Hearn made all the decisions. I don't think they even agreed to Brook from the sounds of it but were told that's who they were fighting by hearn. "We had a contract signed by Golovkin, Eubanks Jr passed so I presented it to Brook and he took the fight within two hours." I'm not sure wtf is going on at K2 but how do you come to an agreement with a promoter without knowing who the actual opponent is. If this is really how it went down shame on Tom Loeffler for f'ing up yet again.
    Is it really that difficult? Eubanks was the intended target, they signed, Eubanks didn't. Hearns asked Brook, he signed. Pretty dang straight foward if you ask me. K2 is only pointing out they were in a crunch, and if Degale had been the offer they would of said yea.

Comment

But they're not fighting DeGeale so who cares.

Comment

If they wanted Degale, they would've asked for him. They took the easy way out. I hope Brook pulls this off somehow.

Comment

Nothing more than a spin

that backlash of choosing a WW is growing.

These guys should just shut up

Comment

The only fighter Golovkin has not been willing to fight at 168 was Ward. It certainly isn't the weight that is the problem, it was only Ward. I'm sure they would have been okay with DeGale.

As for why Brook was offered instead of DeGale, well that I don't know.

Comment

Love to hear this but I'm ready for action. We need GGG in a competitive fight by the end of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Is it really that difficult? Eubanks was the intended target, they signed, Eubanks didn't. Hearns asked Brook, he signed. Pretty dang straight foward if you ask me. K2 is only pointing out they were in a crunch, and if Degale had been the offer they would of said yea.
                You might want to re-read what I wrote, I don't think you grasp my point. Hearn stated that he offered brook the fight, he already had a contract signed by Golovkin which he retained from the negotiations for Eubank, making it seem like they never present Golovkin or K2 with Brook as the opponent and instead just signed him on. This not a K2 event, this is a matchroom event so in other words they paid golovkin his fee and put him in there with who they wanted.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                What are you going on about? K2 was committed to the Eubank fight. They were led to believe it was going to happen. At the same time there wasn't any other high value options to consider - Khurtsidze/Lee/Korobov/Heiland. People would've just criticized him for those fights as much as they are the Brook fight.

All reports were still that DeGale was going to fight Jack in a unification fight. It wasn't til last week that rumors started coming out that DeGale was pricing himself out of that fight.
                What i'm going on about is what I just responded to the other guy about. I don't think you bothered reading my point the first go round.

Comment

I would've also gladly accepted to fight degale if I was offered the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    You might want to re-read what I wrote, I don't think you grasp my point. Hearn stated that he offered brook the fight, he already had a contract signed by Golovkin which he retained from the negotiations for Eubank, making it seem like they never present Golovkin or K2 with Brook as the opponent and instead just signed him on. This not a K2 event, this is a matchroom event so in other words they paid golovkin his fee and put him in there with who they wanted.

What i'm going on about is what I just responded to the other guy about. I don't think you bothered reading my point the first go round.

It's not hard to understand how this went down unless you want to start twisting things. K2 signed for Eubank, then when Eubank balked they were presented with Brook as an option to which they accepted. K2 accepted the same career-high payday but for an easier opponent. Not much too it other that that. K2's not licensed in the UK, so yeah it's a Matchroom show.

Comment

Great news. Beat Brook. Then try to make a fight with either Jacobs or Saunders. If that doesn't work fight DeGale. Any of those 3 fights a voluntaries are great news. While you are at it Tom, get on the phone with the WBA and ask them whats up and why they are not mandating Golovkin and Jacobs. Put some pressure on Jacob's ass.

The only other fight that might be acceptable as a voluntary and I say "might" with a lot of reservation is for you to fight the wbo mandatory whoever that is so you can become mandatory for Saunders. You'll have to check first whether the wbo will do the same as the wbc did. Just saying that so that you don't waste another 2 years going down the same rabbit hole.

Comment

Working...
                      X