Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler Confirms: Golovkin Would Have Fought Degale at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Loeffler Confirms: Golovkin Would Have Fought Degale at 168

Promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions has backed the earlier statements of trainer Abel Sanchez, who said WBC/WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs) would have gladly fought IBF super middleweight champion James DeGale (23-1, 14KOs) on September 10th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

sounds like GGG could become a regular feature over here in the UK over the next couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      sounds like GGG could become a regular feature over here in the UK over the next couple of years
      doing the smart thing by expanding his reach

Comment

Why is this an issue? If Loeffler would've asked for DeGale instead of Brook, and Hearn or DeGale said no, then that would be interesting. But saying you "would have accepted DeGale..." means absolutely nothing.

Comment

This is really great news to hear. Now if DeGale doesn't fight Jack and Jacobs doesn't fight GGG, the path is clear for a mega fight with Golovkin/DeGale in December. The money is there and both sides are on the record saying they're willing to fight each other!

Comment

There is a lot of this situation that's weird. It's like Hearn is the main promoter of this event, they signed an agreement with Hearn and then Hearn made all the decisions. I don't think they even agreed to Brook from the sounds of it but were told that's who they were fighting by hearn. "We had a contract signed by Golovkin, Eubanks Jr passed so I presented it to Brook and he took the fight within two hours." I'm not sure wtf is going on at K2 but how do you come to an agreement with a promoter without knowing who the actual opponent is. If this is really how it went down shame on Tom Loeffler for f'ing up yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              There is a lot of this situation that's weird. It's like Hearn is the main promoter of this event, they signed an agreement with Hearn and then Hearn made all the decisions. I don't think they even agreed to Brook from the sounds of it but were told that's who they were fighting by hearn. "We had a contract signed by Golovkin, Eubanks Jr passed so I presented it to Brook and he took the fight within two hours." I'm not sure wtf is going on at K2 but how do you come to an agreement with a promoter without knowing who the actual opponent is. If this is really how it went down shame on Tom Loeffler for f'ing up yet again.
              clowns man

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                What are you going on about? K2 was committed to the Eubank fight. They were led to believe it was going to happen. At the same time there wasn't any other high value options to consider - Khurtsidze/Lee/Korobov/Heiland. People would've just criticized him for those fights as much as they are the Brook fight.

All reports were still that DeGale was going to fight Jack in a unification fight. It wasn't til last week that rumors started coming out that DeGale was pricing himself out of that fight.

Comment

So you were open to fighting a world champ at 168, but instead of asking for that fight you just accepted a fight with a welterweight instead? Stop talking man, it's beyond embarrassing now.

Comment

Gennady Golovkin......the WSC World Champion (Woulda' Shoulda' Coulda')

Comment

Working...
                    X