No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Drops, Dominates Chilemba: Waits For Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    explain to me how " boxing will be let down again " if they don't "figure stuff out for Ward"..... ?

What EXACTLY did you mean by that, how will boxing be "let down" ?

Comment

• Chilemba did give Kovalev some competition. He never hurt Sergey at all but did give some trouble. I think Ward will take that trouble to the next level. Can't predict the outcome though as Kovalev is one tough SOB. Ward has a better chin and much more skilled than Chilemba so no way Sergey will walk through him. Should be a great fight.

Comment

wow, way to explain that blatant lie from team Golovkin

you did such a great job, I decided to sig it
        You didn't do such a great job. You can post quotes and a link verifying that Abel said GGG would negotiate a catchweight Canelo.

What you need are quotes and a link verifying that Canelo made any attempt to negotiate a catchweight with them.

Even if you could provide that - which you can't - the weight is only part of the equation. Another part would be how much money Canelo would be willing to cede in return for a catchweight, which would have been a major concession on Golovkin's part. You don't get anything for nothing in a business deal, which is what fight negotiations are.

Comment

• This was the perfect fight for Kovalev to prepare him for Ward, because crafty, long-armed Chilemba is a defensive spoiler like Ward. Isaac was very brave and determined.

Fighting another stiff like Mohammedi or Caparello would have done nothing to help Kovalev prepare for a crafty fighter like Ward.

But Chilemba revealed the weaknesses Sergey needs to work on and gave him the rounds he needed to be ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            This was the perfect fight for Kovalev to prepare him for Ward, because crafty, long-armed Chilemba is a defensive spoiler like Ward. Isaac was very brave and determined.

Fighting another stiff like Mohammedi or Caparello would have done nothing to help Kovalev prepare for a crafty fighter like Ward.

But Chilemba revealed the weaknesses Sergey needs to work on and gave him the rounds he needed to be ready.
            Yep. This will make Kovalev fix true issues he had verse chilemba.

To be fair though Kovalev was off, he was sick and yet knocked chilemba down and almost KO'd him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              You didn't do such a great job. You can post quotes and a link verifying that Abel said GGG would negotiate a catchweight Canelo.

What you need are quotes and a link verifying that Canelo made any attempt to negotiate a catchweight with them.

Even if you could provide that - which you can't - the weight is only part of the equation. Another part would be how much money Canelo would be willing to cede in return for a catchweight, which would have been a major concession on Golovkin's part. You don't get anything for nothing in a business deal, which is what fight negotiations are.

Well what the fk would you call this moron..... ?

FACT: Canelo said " I will fight you at 155 tomorrow "

FACT: Despite saying this..... "Golovkin would have no problem fighting at a catchweight against Alvarez"..... Team Bull**** totally refused to negotiate on the weight

Spin that however you like dude.

The new " angle " that you and other spin-doctors like LacedUp are running with..... that, "there was no offer"..... is shamefully, childishly, dishonest..... and you know it LMAO

Just how lame can you sad fcuk's get..... that is shameful, you clowns are LITERALLY in denial.

1) there were 2 OFFICIAL negotiations, what do you think they discussed during those negotiations?

2) on what planet is this statement NOT a genuine offer..... "I will fight you at 155 tomorrow"..... get real son

3) what don't you understand about this flip-flop.....

Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler says there's about a 50% chance we'll see a Canelo-GGG title fight, and that the fight taking place at the full middleweight limit is non-negotiable.

4) using english only, what did Tom Loeffler refuse when he stated that a catch-weight is"non-negotiable"..... what word best describes what Tom Loeffler rejected..... short word, starts with o, rhymes with otter..... think hard, I know you can do it

YOU CLOWNS ARE IN DENIAL, LITERALLY !!

Enjoy thinking up ridiculous excuses to explain why Golovkin CHOSE to fight Kell Brook.
              Last edited by aboutfkntime; 07-13-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                This was the perfect fight for Kovalev to prepare him for Ward, because crafty, long-armed Chilemba is a defensive spoiler like Ward. Isaac was very brave and determined.

..... yep, and he also revealed them to Andre Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  I hope they figure stuff out for Ward, otherwise boxing will be let down again.
                  Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  explain to me how " boxing will be let down again " if they don't "figure stuff out for Ward"..... ?

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  i bet I don't get an explanation for that LMAO

Comment

Son, you look dumb-as-fk for crying to me and Canelo because Golovkin lied to you..... SMARTEN UP KID !
                    I don't get this at all. You're a Canelo fan but you don't like when fighters lie to the fans?

How dumb does that make you LOL?

In Mexico, we don't **** around! I'll fight him right now! That's why I invited him into the ring. And I'll fight him at 160!
                    Situations can change after 3-4 years, which explains Golovkin's comments no longer being relevant to the current situation where he's 34 years of age. Situations do not change after just two weeks, though. Canelo said he would fight GGG next, then vacated the title and ducked only two weeks later. That is a clear lie. SMARTEN UP KID !

Comment

What do mean by what EXACTLY did I mean? What did you think I meant lol?

Because when you're trying to grow the sport, and bring in new fans, and you tell fans, "this is the best entertainment we have to offer, the #1 pound for pound fighter in the sport," you won't be able to create any new boxing fans if what boxing has to show for it is fighters like Andre Ward ruling the sport because they officiate it in a way that is beneficial to fighters who cheat. I just re-watched the Kessler fight and Ward is illegally measuring the whole time, intentionally jumping in to initiate clinches whenever Kessler is in range to hit Ward, and he headbutted Kessler at least three times creating huge cuts over both of his eyes.

That's just not what boxing needs. You must have seen yourself, the excitement around boxing when Mike Tyson was heavyweight champ was much greater than when Klitschko was and Floyd was pound-for-pound king. I'd like to see GGG beat Canelo, Kovalev beat Ward, and have boxing ruled by GGG and Kovalev for hopefully the next few years, but realistically it probably won't for very long because they're too old already, because no one great would fight them in their primes, which is the whole reason boxing is on the decline like it is. But just saying ideally, boxing would be better off with Kovalev winning the fight, than Ward, just because of the greater excitement Kovalev brings. It's like any other sport that has a scoring problem, like soccer. When leagues call fouls more strictly, don't allow arm holding or pushing, and there are more goals scored as a result, the league does better. Likewise boxing does better when holding and measurement are refereed with a zero tolerance policy after round 3, allowing punchers to win fights they would normally win more often than not. But this rarely happens anymore because the commissions are corrupt.

Comment

Working...
                      X