No announcement yet.

Would Hopkins get the same heat..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
    are you saying brook is as good as Tito, Shane and Oscar who all won titles at 154 and Tito and Oscar both won titles at 160 before facing hopkins
    No, like I commented on another post.

Great big man vs great little man.

Good big man vs good little man. GGG vs Brook.

Same shit. MWs pick on smaller guys most of their careers.

If you can't see what I'm saying, then you're just being dumb and don't want to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
      Both Leonard (Kalule) and Hearns (Benitez; Duran) had already beat very good/great fighters and won belts @ 154 before fighting Hagler.
      Kalule was a legit SWW. But Benitez was a career WW and Duran had been fighting at LW just prior to that.

And I'm pretty sure all those fights would have had same day weigh-ins. If Kell Brook had to weigh in the same day as the fight, he definitely wouldn't be fighting at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Kalule was a legit SWW. But Benitez was a career WW and Duran had been fighting at LW just prior to that.

And I'm pretty sure all those fights would have had same day weigh-ins. If Kell Brook had to weigh in the same day as the fight, he definitely wouldn't be fighting at WW.
        Benitez won his first title at 140 vs cervantez

he was no career welter

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          No, like I commented on another post.

Great big man vs great little man.

Good big man vs good little man. GGG vs Brook.

Same shit. MWs pick on smaller guys most of their careers.

If you can't see what I'm saying, then you're just being dumb and don't want to admit it.
          I Guess I rate GGG higher then you do

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            it was a cherry pick...deal with it
            Do you what "cherry pick" means?

The clue is in the word "pick"

Golovkin didn't pick Brook as an opponent. He signed to fight Eubank and accepted Kell as a replacement. Would you really expect him to turn Brook down, considering he is getting a career high purse and would have no time to find another opponent acceptable to Sky and HBO in time for the Sept 10th date?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              Benitez won his first title at 140 vs cervantez

he was no career welter
              I wouldn't class him as a 154 pounder, was the point I was making. Glad you agree with me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                I Guess I rate GGG higher then you do
                You're one of the few then. He hasn't proven anything yet to make me think he's great. I'm a fan of his too but disappointed in him with his next fight. Especially after criticizing others for the same thing. Fans are the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  they're also all time greats. ray leonard is one of the best fighters ever at any weight. top 25 ATG on any list. hearns won titles all the way to 190 lbs . dude was gigantic! it's not a fair comparison. it really isn't. i understand that golovkin's hand are largely tied, but we can't lose sight of what this is, which is a horrible mismatch pitting a pound for pounder against a guy two weight classes below.
                  Exactly.

Props to Brook for stepping up, but it's laughable to compare this to what Leonard and Hearns did.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    SkySports have a fight to sell. What do you expect them to say?
                    They've been talking about how great he is long before they thought he would ever be fighting over in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      did any of those had to move up 2 weightclasses in 2 months???
                      somehow i got no answer for this...

Comment

Working...
                      X