No announcement yet.

I'm a GGG fan, But the Brook Fight is Pointless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
    GGG needs a name on his resume and brook is a name. Thats the only reason they are making this fight
    Brook really is not a name at all man

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      I completely agree. As a Golovkin fan, I find this whole thing embarrassing. And not just him-- The entire middleweight division is a joke. Aside from Golovkin, its stacked with glorified undercard fighters who won't fight each other. And now Golovkin pulls this crap. He could have fought Lara.

Fuck him for pulling this shit.
      Yeah, man. I think it might be Sanchez and his team pushing these crap fights, but either way, the God of War needs to fight some world class mortals his own size at least.

Comment

If after this fight he gets Eubank Jr and Saunders, I'll be happy. I'm hoping because Kell Brook is still a good British fighter and a name, and with what seems to be a resurgence in the British boxing scene, I'm hoping this helps to get those other two fights set up and going.

If he can't get any top middleweights still, then I think GGG should just say **** boxing and retire. Unless, he can get a fight at 168. I think he should have an opening fight against someone like Abraham.

Now of course, I'm sure he'll have to do his mandatory in between... probably a mandatory after this Brook fight, but he's still planning on fighting 3-4 times a year if possible.

He's at least not avoiding the top fighters in his division, nobody can argue that. He's never ducked any middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Yes, I was thinking the same today. The only thing he gets is exposure and brand awareness. The cost is criticism by people not following the sport or not being very smart to understand his context and how every MW is running from him.

Maybe after this fight he gets BJS. If not, then he might fight at 154 or 168. He has two good years left. I want him to retire with no regrets. You also have to consider that he fights three times a year. Not every top fighter does that.
          Once again, if every Middleweight is running from him, then move yo azz up to 168!!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
            Brook really is not a name at all man
            He's a semi-decent name at 147. At 160 vs the supposed P4P monster that they say can crush ATG Hagler its embarrassing

Comment

All I know is it better not be on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                To be honest, I hope that river does dry up. Maybe then, we'll get some meaningful fights and the pretenders can either get beat down or leave the sport.
                The UFC hit a peak in 2010, and then started to get chincey on their PPVs, making more of them and thinning out the quality of the matches. They took a huge hit in ratings over the next few years. When they started re-stacking the cards in 2015, suddenly they started gaining ground again. Boxing will go through that same thing if this keeps up. I'm not going to go all gloom and doom as I think there's a lot of good fights this year but when you have some of the biggest stars (Pac, Canelo, Golovkin) taking pointless fights, it's not good for the health of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  The UFC hit a peak in 2010, and then started to get chincey on their PPVs, making more of them and thinning out the quality of the matches. They took a huge hit in ratings over the next few years. When they started re-stacking the cards in 2015, suddenly they started gaining ground again. Boxing will go through that same thing if this keeps up. I'm not going to go all gloom and doom as I think there's a lot of good fights this year but when you have some of the biggest stars (Pac, Canelo, Golovkin) taking pointless fights, it's not good for the health of the sport.
                  It's definitely not, man. I didn't know that about the UFC. The math is pretty simple. Put best vs best and you can't lose. No matter how much money goes into building up a fighter, the day or truth has to come or else it was all for nothing. GGG is at that point now. We know he can beat down all these guys he's talked about fighting and that's impressive. But he's got to step up against true threats. Maybe he should get away from Sanchez, although I don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                    If after this fight he gets Eubank Jr and Saunders, I'll be happy. I'm hoping because Kell Brook is still a good British fighter and a name, and with what seems to be a resurgence in the British boxing scene, I'm hoping this helps to get those other two fights set up and going.

If he can't get any top middleweights still, then I think GGG should just say **** boxing and retire. Unless, he can get a fight at 168. I think he should have an opening fight against someone like Abraham.

Now of course, I'm sure he'll have to do his mandatory in between... probably a mandatory after this Brook fight, but he's still planning on fighting 3-4 times a year if possible.

He's at least not avoiding the top fighters in his division, nobody can argue that. He's never ducked any middleweight.
                    He's too talented to retire IMO. I say he hangs onto his middleweight belts and moves up against DeGale or even Groves. Those could be competitive matches.

Comment

168 sucks even worse than 160. DeGale/Jack are supposed to fight each other in the fall and both are with Haymon. Ramirez got injured.. you got Martin Murray, George Groves and noone else left.

For all the 'move up' BS that Golovkin gets, there is nobody worth it to move up to. Hopkins moved up when he was 40 bc he couldn't make weight. Why the hell should Golovkin move up to fight a bunch of nobodies for no money?

Comment

Working...
                      X