Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Brook Wanted 160, No Catch-Weight Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Whatever went down in this debacle, the Eubanks come out looking like massive bitches.
    And Golovkin fighting a 147 lb dont at 160. C'mon man this shyt stinks, of shyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Pimp View Post
      Brook has bigger balls than everyone at 160 combined.
      Or he's earning four times as much and more than he usually does for this fight. Yeh I thought so too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
        And Golovkin fighting a 147 lb dont at 160. C'mon man this shyt stinks, of shyt.
        Golovkin wanted to fight Canelo, Eubank, even Froch, Ward right.. I don't blame GGG at all, in any of this. I blame Eubank Sr. The fight was ready but they set up roadblocks. I believe Hearn. People can believe what they want and will have an opinion on everything. This is mine. I don't like this fight either, it stinks, you're right, but what should Golovkin do? It's just the way it's been all along, nobody wants to fight him. Brook does, so kudos to his big balls IMO and that's where it's at, really.

Comment

Everyone knows brook and ggg are only 1inch apart in height right? Brook always in tip top shape. I dont see a huge size advantage for ggg, like canelo had. Brook is soild

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Golovkin wanted to fight Canelo, Eubank, even Froch, Ward right.. I don't blame GGG at all, in any of this. I blame Eubank Sr. The fight was ready but they set up roadblocks. I believe Hearn. People can believe what they want and will have an opinion on everything. This is mine. I don't like this fight either, it stinks, you're right, but what should Golovkin do? It's just the way it's been all along, nobody wants to fight him. Brook does, so kudos to his big balls IMO and that's where it's at, really.
            If Triple Duck wanted Ward he cold have had that fight any time he wanted, instead were told of requests of impossible weight demands.

I can not understand how you can support this in any way. Creating one instance to therefore find it acceptable, Triple Duck could move up to 168 rather than pulling a bs Khanelo stroke move.

Brook will be being paid a career high purse, as A Mere Con was, this has nothing to do with testicles. Their are literally four men in boxing prepared to face anyone, Wlad, Fury, Ward and Kovalev. I rip Fury for being lame but he deserves credit for wanting to face the best, Triple Duck should take note of these guys instead of chasing guys who've never fought above 155 in their career.

Forget about Eubank, that fight was a secondary fight anyway, his promoters should have been putting up the money Cameltoč's team will be putting up for BJL Flounders in December.

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
              Everyone knows brook and ggg are only 1inch apart in height right? Brook always in tip top shape. I dont see a huge size advantage for ggg, like canelo had. Brook is soild
              Triple Duck bowls over 160 fighters who weigh 170+ fight night. This fight won't be in the least competitive. Brooke's skills are poor at best, he went life and death with Porter at 147, a crude slugger with zero skill, Triple Duck is a destroyer who stops guys above his own weight, heavier men, their shots undeterring to him, what the hell does Brook have that can deter him for a moment, this fight ends at the round of Triple Duck's choosing, it's a sham.

This type of shyt bums me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                If Triple Duck wanted Ward he cold have had that fight any time he wanted, instead were told of requests of impossible weight demands.

I can not understand how you can support this in any way. Creating one instance to therefore find it acceptable, Triple Duck could move up to 168 rather than pulling a bs Khanelo stroke move.

Brook will be being paid a career high purse, as A Mere Con was, this has nothing to do with testicles. Their are literally four men in boxing prepared to face anyone, Wlad, Fury, Ward and Kovalev. I rip Fury for being lame but he deserves credit for wanting to face the best, Triple Duck should take note of these guys instead of chasing guys who've never fought above 155 in their career.

Forget about Eubank, that fight was a secondary fight anyway, his promoters should have been putting up the money Cameltoč's team will be putting up for BJL Flounders in December.
                Don't get me wrong, Jacobs or Saunders would have been better opponents for GGG, but why even fault Gennady for staying active, I think we should want that as fans, active champions. And I don't agree at all with what you suggest that he 'chases' smaller fighters, this simply isn't true IMO. They were just negotiating the Eubank fight which was a legit 160 clash if there ever was any. And Gennady has indeed expressed interest in fighting bigger guys in the past but perhaps that was just hot air in your book.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                  Canelo talked all that trash then punked out and he's a big boy. Brook proved who has the real heart.
                  Or SH it for brains.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    he sure did, and it aint Golovkin LMAO
                    You got that right...lol

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      Khan was right. Kell is so stupid. He could have fought and beaten vargas for 1.5M then unified with another 147 champ. Kell should have at least asked for 157
                      I disagree. The move was pure genius. If he loses he is STILL ww champ and undefeated at his own weight and due to being much more popular for fighting GGG it will enable him to demand more money for future fights as his drawing power would be higher. If he loses like he's expected to than it just looks brave on him attempting, so he can go bak to ww and lobby for bigger share of the purses in unification bours as he would be the a side coming off the Golovkin promotion. Smart move imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X