Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin-Kell Brook Finalized For September 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way Hearn said The Eubanks wanted more control over the show

Hearn then offered the fight to Brook and in 24hrs the fight got made

The Vargas fight was still on the table, but Brook gets more money for the G fight and he has nothing to lose.

Eubank did not duck Triple G. Eubanks promoter decided to give the fight to Brook because of his own personal issue with Eubanks demands.

The Eubanks were foolish to work with Eddie Hearn

Comment

• will this actually happen?

Comment

• What the ... ?
        Either a) I'm having a strange dream where Eubank Jr has become Kell Brook
        b) This weed is stronger than I thought
        or
        c) Golovkin is actually fighting Kell Brook and not Eubank Jr
        No-one saw this coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
          GGG fans made fun of canelo for fighting khan, but they will justify GGG fighting brook, just watch.

ill be waiting.
          Not this GGG fan, this fight is bull**** and I can't see how anybody would defend it, its no different than Canelo fighting Khan. I'm truly disappointed in Golovkin for making this fight, its sad and embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            No he didnt

Vargas fight was on the table, but Brook decided to go with Triple G, the fight was made within 24hrs

I know your a Brook fan, but please stop lying for him.

Vargas fight was there, but the Triple G fight, he makes more money and he has nothing to lose because he is meant to lose
            Vargas pulled out.

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive · 1h1 hour ago
            Steve Kim Retweeted Robert Buffa II
            Vargas' offer went down by 10-percent and JV pulled out( and he might have alternate plans)

Stop talking nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              What if GGG is coming to 156/157 for Brook, and then 154 for Canelo. And then 154 for Lara, and then 160 for BJS and Eubank jr, and then 168 for Ward, and then 175 for Kovalev and Beterviev. What a ****ing resume man.
              Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              I ****ing love this!! The plan is clear, stay Close to Canelo. Do the Canelo plan fighting smaller fighters and stay light. CANELO HAS NO ESCAPE LOL! Brook>Khan. This is a mega fight right here.
              wow you stupid pac farts aka gullible gennady groupies are amazing.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Brook's chin -> Good
              @1:15 also he hasn't really fought anyone with power.... and lilg hits ALOT harder than the guy that hurt brook in this fight.

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              WOW!!! Good save by Loeffler and GGG. Eubach declined the fight and at least GGG saves some face. Not bad.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Assh0le, I'm at every other thread about it. I also bumped old threads.

**** you all. This is a great fight.
              Bwahahahahaha this mfr needs some maxi pads

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                1) Maybe there's a CW. Talks six months ago were that Brook wanted ggg at 155, remember?
                2) Brook is a big WW and is no chinny.
                3) Maybe he's coming in lighter to prepare himself for Canelo.
                4) Brook's and GGG fight night weight will be the same if there's a CW.
                2) Don't matter if there's a chinny guy or not, weight classes exist for a reason.
                3) Maybe........if he gets to fight Brook at a CW, then GGG is planning on moving down for Canelo in the future, if don't, then it's gonna look worse for GGG for fighting a WW @160, chinny or not, big or not, PERIOD.
                4) fight night weight doesn't mean anything. Geale was 182 against Cotto via HBO unofficial scales, and Cotto KO'ed him bad. if he's not a middleweight he will suffer consecuences even if he weights more than GGG fight night.

now think about what I just said.

Comment

• Couldn't believe my eyes. Read the text 3 times thinking that there must be some mistake and what the headline tries to say is that Brook and GGG will be fighting on the same show, but no... they will be fighting each other.
                  When the fog in my head cleared, I realized that it is a very good move for both fighters careers. Brook and Golovkin are 2 fighters that have most difficulties to find an opponent. While September 10th would be sure loss for Brook, in the long run it would cement his credibility and sets a perfect background for a fight with Amir Khan. Same thing for GGG. Nobody would say that Canelo or Mayweather are too small for GGG, if Kell Brook thinks he is big enough for the task.

Comment

• Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                    It's not nearly as bad as Canelo-Khan. Khan is a declining glass chinned welterweight who's been KOd hard at 135, 140, and 147.

Brook (albiet hasnt fought the same level of competition), is still undefeated and arguably at his peak. It's not unheard of for the current welterweight champ to move up and take on the middleweight champ.

Brook's got no chance though, Carson Jones had him in all sorts of trouble. It's gonna get ugly for Brook.

Canelo-GGG and Khan-Brook instead of this bull**** though forreal.
                    Canelo vs. Khan was @ 155. GGG vs. Brook is @ 160.

Comment

• Eubank did NOT decline the fight. His dad made unreasonable demands - such as wanting to take over operational control of the fight, wanting to charge 3 times the usual face value of a sky/matchroom show. It was never gonna happen and Eddie rightly shut the Eubanks out - greedy pricks!

The fight will be for GGG's MW straps, so is set at 160. Props to Ezekiel Brook who has balls the size of Sheffield, and will have a whole lot of new fans after this fight - trust. No question of him cashing out Khan, he genuinely believes he is the man. People saying this is the same as Khanelo are utterly clueless. Please do not mention Khan, he's finished, done, caput. And as for Canelo, he is about to be exposed by Liam Smith.

Comment

Working...
                      X