Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if FMJ was fighting the likes of Brand in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    overmatched is overmatched...20 years old or 40 years old

If i just said he is overmatched, what am i trying to justify? you are ******ed...can you comprehend what you read

dude you are name dropping and didnt even watch the fight....Badou himself said he had trouble with the guy

That's not saying much. Jack at the time had plenty of trouble with Periban, another Ward target, and got KOed in 1 by a gatekeeper .

Who's the last p4per with a streak like Smith, Barrera, Brand? Anybody else stoop that low?

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      Brand is 39 & has fought 3 times in the last 3 years.. Only one name stands out on his resume (a loss to TO Badou Jack) Plied his trade as an amateur at MW too. Yet he's fighting Ward at 175! This is actually a jaw droppingly awful & comical opponent pick.. Is he even B level?! May as-well have got Russell Brand as an opponent.. What if FMJ was fighting these guys in his prime? Don't get me wrong I have my criticisms of FMJ but isn't Ward supposed to be the USA's boxing superstar right now? It's not like he doesn't have 175 opposition to chose from is it? It's stacked! I hadn't even heard of Brand til the other day.. Where does Ward get em from? Barrera & Brand I mean come on LOL Can someone explain the point of this fight? If you are going to ply your trade at 175 then at least be serious & don't make a mockery of it..
      IDK man, depends how you look at things man honestly. Was Floyd fighting guys on the level of Brand, HELL NO! But did Floyd ever move up to fight someone as dangerous as Kovalev? And if he did, would you have talked **** if he needed to take a fight or two to acclimate to a new weight class? I guess if you were going to compare Kovalev to someone in and around Floyds weight class at the time of his prime, Kosta Tszyu comes to mind, and did that fight ever happen? No but Arturo Gatti did. And in all honesty man, I bet if Floyd and Haymon had Ward's ear, they would tell him not to fight Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        That's not saying much. Jack at the time had plenty of trouble with Periban, another Ward target, and got KOed in 1 by a gatekeeper .

Who's the last p4per with a streak like Smith, Barrera, Brand? Anybody else stoop that low?
        Jack is also a world champion now....and is getting better every fight

GGG is top 3 p4p right....who has he EVER beat that was considered elite? no one...THATS PATHETIC

I guess you forgot this dangerous streak

Rosado, Ishida, and Macklin....bro your trolling technique sucks...all 3 are never wasses

if you are gonna troll at least do your homework before trashing someones oppnents...

Comment

Jack is also a world champion now....and is getting better every fight

GGG is top 3 p4p right....who has he EVER beat that was considered elite? no one...THATS PATHETIC

I guess you forgot this dangerous streak

Rosado, Ishida, and Macklin....bro your trolling technique sucks...all 3 are never wasses

if you are gonna troll at least do your homework before trashing someones oppnents...

Ggg wasn't close to p4p then, dumbfcuk. He wasn't even top 3 in his division, and Macklin was a mid top 10 contender, unlike any of those. Try again?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            IDK man, depends how you look at things man honestly. Was Floyd fighting guys on the level of Brand, HELL NO! But did Floyd ever move up to fight someone as dangerous as Kovalev? And if he did, would you have talked **** if he needed to take a fight or two to acclimate to a new weight class? I guess if you were going to compare Kovalev to someone in and around Floyds weight class at the time of his prime, Kosta Tszyu comes to mind, and did that fight ever happen? No but Arturo Gatti did. And in all honesty man, I bet if Floyd and Haymon had Ward's ear, they would tell him not to fight Kovalev.
            floyd already told ward not to fight kovalev and canelo not to fight ggg. he knows who is legit and who isn't. if kovalev was carlos baldomir he would be telling ward to jump straight in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              AGreed, but MD why would HBO approve a fight like this?
              They did it last fall... Have you expected Ward to chase Murdock again?

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
                Brand is 39 & has fought 3 times in the last 3 years.. Only one name stands out on his resume (a loss to TO Badou Jack) Plied his trade as an amateur at MW too. Yet he's fighting Ward at 175! This is actually a jaw droppingly awful & comical opponent pick.. Is he even B level?! May as-well have got Russell Brand as an opponent.. What if FMJ was fighting these guys in his prime? Don't get me wrong I have my criticisms of FMJ but isn't Ward supposed to be the USA's boxing superstar right now? It's not like he doesn't have 175 opposition to chose from is it? It's stacked! I hadn't even heard of Brand til the other day.. Where does Ward get em from? Barrera & Brand I mean come on LOL Can someone explain the point of this fight? If you are going to ply your trade at 175 then at least be serious & don't make a mockery of it..
                We all know what this fight is about. If you don't then I'll explain. Ward is fighting brand to try and sharpen his timing while getting hit without headgear by a non threatening fighter ranked in the top 15 by the WBA. Like another person posted, it's high price sparring. The focus of HBO, Main Events, Roc Nation, Kovalev, and Ward is to make sure their November fight comes off without any hiccups while showcasing the combatants in fights that they are heavy favorites to win in order to increase interest and demand for their fight later this year. All the while hoping it translates to more PPV buys. It the business side of boxing. August 6th I know I'll be watching an Andre Ward sparring session and I know not to expect anything more.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Ggg wasn't close to p4p then, dumbfcuk. He wasn't even top 3 in his division, and Macklin was a mid top 10 contender, unlike any of those. Try again?
                  Macklin never beat anyone in the top ten so how meaningful is the ranking....he literally lost to every world class fighter he faced

I know it sucks for you as a GGG fan, stop reaching

GGG is p4p now right.....name one elite fighter he has faced...just one....i'll wait.

Comment

Macklin never beat anyone in the top ten so how meaningful is the ranking....he literally lost to every world class fighter he faced

I know it sucks for you as a GGG fan, stop reaching

GGG is p4p now right.....name one elite fighter he has faced...just one....i'll wait.
                    Gotcha, no answer . Guess that's the most disgraceful streak for a p4per, even fringe top 10 one never mind top 5 or better.

Comment

It is a showcase fight designed for Ward to win and look good. I don't know that it is needed and it certainly isn't a quality fight but it will serve the purpose and keep Ward fresh in everyone's mind that watches HBO to help sell the PPV.

That PPV needs all the help it can get, so this is basically an infomercial for that. In this spot a quality fight was never in the card the best that would have happened would have been a faded name but not a guy that would really push Ward, honestly that is not much different.

That is how this stuff goes, if you want to talk smack about the fight fine because there is no real reason to care about it but if you expected much different for this particular fight then your expectation were an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X