No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Edges Shawn Porter To Win a War at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
    Exactly. Brook kept Porter at bay with solid shot that had an effect on Porter. Shawn was able to walk through Keith who has a shit inside game. Porter manhandled and roughed Keith up on the inside. Had him in very bad shape at the end of the 8th. To say Thurman clearly won is just silly.
    Yeah Porter controlled the middle rounds. Thurman was favored by the biased Al Haymon judges.

Comment

It was a close fight but i see Thurman the clear winner 7-5 , Porters crazy inside punching on the ropes thats all he has, while Thurman was hitting that chin often

Comment

Porter, please learn how to box. Distance can be your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Beardoblack View Post
          Had it 115-113 Porter. Commentators favored Thurman way too much. The judges cards were legit scores, its just baffling that they all had thurman. If it would have been a split decision I'd say cool. But I think Al Haymond was protecting his cash cow from a L on his record.
          For real everything was Thurman this Thurman left hook that. Mostly ignoring Porters work but what do expect they trying to market and make Thurman the next cash cow undefeated Champion ready to take over Mayweather's spot. It's all politics these days in every sport it seems like from NFL NBA to Boxing....

Comment

Some people are going to favor the pressure mauler.

Others the big counter punches.

I thought it was a good decision.

Either way, people will cry and complain.

Only fights that end in KOs are free of debate.

Comment

I don't get why people keep saying "Porter let Thurman off in the last rounds". Dude clearly didn't have the gas to do it anymore. Thurman's shots took a lot out of him.

Comment

Had it 5-5 at the 10th but Thurman won the championship rounds and came through, right man won. Great win forThurman but he showed some serious flaws he needs to fix. Maybe the inactivity took a toll.

Comment

Plenty of people thought Porter got robbed as well against Brook. Lot of folks on here as well at Barclays DKSAB

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
                    A more accurate description would be when they both let their hands go and don't try to negate each others offence via hugging (like Kell Broke).
                    Exactly

It's all about entertaining the crowd

Unless you are Floyd or another African American slickster

Then it's OK to be boring

And if you disagree, you rayciss

Comment

Porter does what he always does, smothers his own damn punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X