Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Edges Shawn Porter To Win a War at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell of a fight

Comment

Porter outworked Thurman, and busted him up and hurt him. Thurman landed effective punches but got outworked. Showtime should have got the decision as he did more. Also, Thurman has no inside game.

Comment

Had it 115-113 Porter. Commentators favored Thurman way too much. The judges cards were legit scores, its just baffling that they all had thurman. If it would have been a split decision I'd say cool. But I think Al Haymond was protecting his cash cow from a L on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by mev1 View Post
          Brook wins that fight. He is too good right now.
          Just keep Brook away from coke and machetes til then

Comment

exactly, he suddenly stopped pressuring the last few rounds. Bad idea. Let Thurmon off the hook

Comment

I didn't see Thurman run I thought he boxed well even on the ropes were porter did most of his work.... I don't think anyone can run from porter lol...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Thankfully Thurman came to fight not to clinch like Brook.
                Yea I actually thought Porter beat Brook. Too much holding by Brook and compared to what Thurman landed Brooks clean crisp power punches were few and far in between

Comment

Porter looked huge. No wonder he had to strip down to make weight. He must have weighed around 165-170 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    People kill me with that "he buckeled his knees" like bro you don't get any extra points for "knee buckling" but it might win you the round.
                    ...Then what exactly are you trying to say? You're acting like that's irrelevant in the fight but you still say "it might win you the round"? Okay...your point?

Besides, throughout that entire fight, Thurman landed more effective shots. Those two instances I brought up were just examples.

Comment

Meh...after that round Porter had Keith almost out of there I thought for sure he would come out throwing bombs BUT he took the damn round off! **** Porter! and what about the last round! I had a feeling he knew this was going to be close and he didnt swarm Thurman. Porter just let the fight slip...Im not even going to re-watch this ****! I don't want to see no rematch its pointless.

Comment

Working...
                      X