No announcement yet.

PBC/NBC done at the end of this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Kim and Rafael are not good sources for PBC news.
    You keep making that assertion without supporting it.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Jake is best for PBC news.
    You keep making that assertion without supporting it, as well.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Rafael is best for TR/GBP/Dibella
    Kim is best for K2/GGG .
    This is why I posted the Schaefer news.

Not because Scahefer is PBC, but because it was one of the leading stories in boxing this week, and it was led in large part by Kim and then Rafael...and that doesn't fit into your Rafael/TR/GBP and Kim/K2/GGG pigeonholing.

Comment

• PBC on too many channels

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Exactly. Way too much randomness.

They should have studied the way boxing on free tv was done in the '80s and '90s.

How was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          CBS and FOX have always been the two hopes. CBS because they are affiliated with Showtime and FOX because they will lose the UFC to ESPN when their deal is up.

It's probably best that PBC fails though. 1.5 years into this experiment and the best fights we've had are Thurman-Porter, Thurman-Guerrero, and LSC-Mares. ****ing pathetic!
          What about that Huck fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsguy View Post
            Yes look at the nba tv contracts, the cap keeps going. I think people don't care about boxing unless it is marquee fights.

Even I seen recent PBC bouts and the guys fighting are no names. I also think people lose interest when the big fight is on later and most people don't want to sit through a few fights with fighters they don't know.

The marquee fights occur far to seldom and the top fights are PPV. After the Thurman-Porter fight what is the next big fight on PBC? It would have to be a marquee title fight to keep viewers interested.

Good point I don't know the next big fight on pbc

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              PBC has definitely helped certain divisions clean up, but what happens after Jack/DeGale? What would be the winner's new goal? Maybe a rematch if the first fight is good enough, but then what? This speaks to the larger problem of how boxing is divided into islands. PBC has the biggest island, but even that has its limits and I don't think they've maximized their potential so far. Now that TR and PBC seem to be on good terms, maybe we'll get Ramirez vs. the winner. Boxing fans understand that stay-busys are necessary, but they have to be used sparingly and have a greater purpose to them. If it means that we get DeGale/Porky and Jack/Bute in order to build up to DeGale/Jack, that's reasonable. Porky and Bute also aren't horrible opposition to choose as stay-busys. However, if a guy like Jacobs is gonna follow up his biggest career win with inactivity and stay-busys, that just won't cut it. I also think Adonis' opponents aren't that horrible either, his biggest problem is inactivity. Fighting every 6-7 months is not enough to build these guys up imo. Adonis is 38, so his inactivity is understandable; however, these young guys shouldn't be fighting only twice a year, especially with the level of opposition they're facing.

I think we're now seeing how a large roster can become counter-productive. PBC is responsible for the well-being of so many boxers, that maybe the runners find it more difficult to make certain sacrifices for guys that have star potential. PBC allows guys to continually getting opportunities, but in order for the brand to grow, the potential stars (Garcia, Broner, Porter/Thurman, etc.) should be top priority.

P.S., what the hell happened with Devon Alexander? and why is Santa Cruz/Frampton happening in NYC?

Yea danny and broner should have a fight lined by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                How was it?
                If they showcased a fighter you could follow him up to his title shot and for some defenses on the same network.

PBC on the other hand will show Deotay Wilder on one network for a fight or two then have him on a different network. Keith Thurman started on NBC but for last night's big fight he was on CBS.

They are all over the place.

Comment

If they showcased a fighter you could follow him up to his title shot and for some defenses on the same network.

PBC on the other hand will show Deotay Wilder on one network for a fight or two then have him on a different network. Keith Thurman started on NBC but for last night's big fight he was on CBS.

Agreed with that.

I think wilder next fight is on FOX

Comment

During this proof of concept phase for PBC, no network is getting that for free. If a network wants the level of exclusivity, they will have to PAY for it.

You like that 2.5 to 4mil viewers that a Thurman, Garcia, or Wilder can bring your network in a random fight? You want a part in the future of a Errol Spence or Mikey Garcia? Pony up the dough, market them correctly, and you will have entire stable of such fighters at your disposal for programming and attracting that 18-35 key demographic.

That's the point.

Comment

• The Dark Age...it's finally over!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X