No announcement yet.

PBC/NBC done at the end of this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
    Maybe if you had a half billion dollar idea, you'd find someone to put that kind of bread behind you, instead of being on the internet shading on those who did.

Just saying.
    And people said the same thing about Lehman Brothers.........

and "shading"??? what are you, 15??

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      They have enough fighters that they could assign certain ones to be the flagship stars for each network. That would give some continuity to the casual fans and they would have a better idea of where to tune in to watch specific fighters.
      So, when Thurman has been the 'flagship star' for NBC, and Porter has been the 'flagship star' for, say FOX, which network gets the fight? Which network gets the winner of Porter/Thurman and Garcia (flagship star for ABC/ESPN)?

See the dilemma here? It's tough to have it both ways of wanting to lock down fighters to networks for ease of fan tracking AND wanting guys to fight each other too. ESPECIALLY on a time-buy based system with no future commitment from any network.

Comment

So, when Thurman has been the 'flagship star' for NBC, and Porter has been the 'flagship star' for, say FOX, which network gets the fight? Which network gets the winner of Porter/Thurman and Garcia (flagship star for ABC/ESPN)?

See the dilemma here? It's tough to have it both ways of wanting to lock down fighters to networks for ease of fan tracking AND wanting guys to fight each other too. ESPECIALLY on a time-buy based system with no future commitment from any network.
        Whoever is the bigger ratings draw should have the fight be on his network. It's not that complicated.

I want PBC to be successful, I'm not rooting for it to fail like some of the haters. But there is definitely room for improvements and for it to be organized better.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          And people said the same thing about Lehman Brothers.........

and "shading"??? what are you, 15??
          Lehman Brothers nor its collapse has anything to do with my point. Try harder.

And I'm a grown arse man, just like you. But only one of us is in this forum carrying themselves like a bitter pre-teen girl, constantly talking slick about another's man business and praying for his downfall.

Look in the mirror to identify the culprit.

Comment

Lehman Brothers nor its collapse has anything to do with my point. Try harder.

And I'm a grown arse man, just like you. But only one of us is in this forum carrying themselves like a bitter pre-teen girl, constantly talking slick about another's man business and praying for his downfall.

Look in the mirror to identify the culprit.
            That would be you, as you seem to have some sort of vested interest in whether Haymon succeeds or not, and you have the need to take shots at anyone who isnt a PBC cheerleader.

Im simply someone who used to be in the business, who happens to think Haymons business model ultimately cannot succeed, at least in its current form. Call me a hater if you want, but whether PBC succeeds or fails it wont affect my bank account by so much as a dime. I do however believe that his "plan" will ultimately damage the sport as a whole, so I'm certainly not rooting for him to thrive.

I'm just offering my opinion on a boxing forum. You can always click "ignore" if my positions upset you that much.......
            Last edited by OnePunch; 06-26-2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

That would be you, as you seem to have some sort of vested interest in whether Haymon succeeds or not, and you have the need to take shots at anyone who isnt a PBC cheerleader.

Im simply someone who used to be in the business, who happens to think Haymons business model ultimately cannot succeed, at least in its current form. Call me a hater if you want, but whether PBC succeeds or fails it wont affect my bank account by so much as a dime. I do however believe that his "plan" will ultimately damage the sport as a whole, so I'm certainly not rooting for him to thrive.

I'm just offering my opinion on a boxing forum. You can always click "ignore" if my positions upset you that much.......
              What Haymon eat don't make me isht, man.

So I give no fucx about 'damage to the sport' you claim Haymon will perpetrate when throughout the history of this game the 'business of boxing' discards fighters like used tampons once they are no longer of use, and typically without their proper financial reward.

Unlike you, I don't see the world through an anti-Haymon/PBC lens. I don't watch this sport to cheer on promotional companies or networks.

But stay salty, my friend. It's a good look for you.

Comment

• Why is it that the fans that want boxers to be paid the most also want boxing to be free? Haymon's model isn't sustainable and has damaged the sport. Here i am having to listen to scum like Jacobs say he rather fight bums than step up and fight GGG. That doesn't help the sport. But hey if "bums for big bucks" is your motto and you don't like competitive match ups getting done then that's your prerogative.

Comment

• Originally posted by elgu View Post
                  Why is it that the fans that want boxers to be paid the most also want boxing to be free? Haymon's model isn't sustainable and has damaged the sport. Here i am having to listen to scum like Jacobs say he rather fight bums than step up and fight GGG. That doesn't help the sport. But hey if "bums for big bucks" is your motto and you don't like competitive match ups getting done then that's your prerogative.
                  Exactly. They just dont get it. Even when someone like Angel Garcia comes out and admits on video that the philosophy is "why fight a tough fight when you can fight a Salka and still make millions", these rubes STILL dont get it.

but but but it free doe

(at least until its not)

lol

Comment

Exactly. They just dont get it. Even when someone like Angel Garcia comes out and admits on video that the philosophy is "why fight a tough fight when you can fight a Salka and still make millions", these rubes STILL dont get it.

but but but it free doe

(at least until its not)

lol
                    Yet you have the nerve to ask if someone else is 15 years old.

Hypocrite much?

Comment

if u havent noticed the vested interest is being a boxing fan. hbo is not going to save the sport its going to continue to lower its funding for boxing yearly if u havent noticed pbc is our last chance in america but people are too caught up in hoping pbc fails to understand the alternative and its not what it was even 2 or 3 years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X