Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: No Canelo Fight in 2016, Building For 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice that there's a deal in place, but it's like 15 months away...I hope this isn't cover for some bad showcase-type fights, but wouldn't be surprised if that's how it goes.

Comment

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive · 2h2 hours ago
      Loeffler hinted at a fight in Kazakhstan as a possibility for GGG next year. HBO producing a documentary on GGG and his homeland... #boxing

Comment

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: No Canelo Fight in 2016, Building For 2017

It looks like the highly anticipated clash between unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs) and Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (47-1-1, 32KOs) will not take place in 2016.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I knew it. It was too good to be true. And then in 2017 Canelo will stall it to 2018.

Comment

Unless there is a signed contract i don't buy this. But assuming it's legit can't hate on them fighting next year. Ward and Kovalev did it.

Comment

USADA is the way to go

Comment

I think most people figured this to be the case. It's good to hear from the "other" side that it's actually what they prefer as well. It's odd the animosity between us fans but the promoters themselves seem to be having a friendly negotiation. It's odd that he says GGG was under pressure to get the belt but he doesn't necessarily clarify that it's the fight. I guess out of principle he just wanted the title after all the hassle he went through. 2017 seems realistic I guess if we assume it's cinco de mayo they're shooting for.

The problem is matching Canelo in a way he doesn't lose if he's planning to fight GGG at 160 lol. While stylistically GGG is winable, there are others who seem to pose a physical/stylistic problem for him. At 154 outside of a Lara (Andrade looked real good too) he should look good vs the rest. But lets say he fights Liam (that matchup intrigues me somehow) does Canelo fight again before May for GGG? I would think so. Who does he fight then? Lemieux? Or someone with less pop?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  I knew it. It was too good to be true. And then in 2017 Canelo will stall it to 2018.
                  Good for him....if he wants to stall it that's his business.

He is not a true MW...he got his belt from another blown-up WW in Cotto.

Let GGG take some risks and build his own name...not coat-tail ride off Canelo's.

Alvarez at 25....has already paid his dues.

Comment

I hope Canelo doesn't lose before that. I really want to see Golovkin push his s#it in.

Comment

i have said this a billion times on here. fighters dont give a **** what you guys want. its a business, if prolonging the fight makes them more money they will do it, they know you guys will still watch them fight mediocre guys. thats all GGG has fought and you guys are glued to the TV lol.

you all kept *****ing about pac and may fight and how no one cared to watch it yet 4.4 million homes still bought it.

Comment

Working...
                      X