No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand, August 6th at Oracle Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Meatball trying to tell me to get some pussy.

Dude just give it up man. I was just reading boxing **** before you started yapping again. You're worse than a jealous latin/black chick.

*Incoming OMG you said latin/black, you're racist!"
    and what exactly am I supposed to "give up" on exactly?

meatball huh? yet... you have not and will not post anything of you right?

its ok I understand you dont want the whole forum laughing at you.

Comment

• Not sure the point of this fight or how this gets him ready for kovalev. Should of just went directly into a fight with kovalev after win over barrera. I guess both guys collect another paycheck with interim fights. Just hope nobody gets upset or injured and we get this fight this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        He's not even building a name for himself or doing anything to hype up his upcoming fight with kov by fighting such lames.

Sure the diehards will tune in to ward vs kov but the casuals won't be intrigued as there has been no buildup.
        hopefully hbo will start building it up during this fight and Kov fight or at least after they both win

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Purely to stay busy.

I get it but I don't like it mainly because i worry of a cut or injury that could potentially delay the big fight. I don't think it's necessary, sparring partners probably will prepare him better than this.
          You don't get paid millions to spar though. This is just an interim cash grab since his 3 fight deal ends with Kovalev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            because we know kovalev is russian and he dont give a fck.

he's not the one prolonging the situation.

its ward.
            Who's moving UP in weight??? Im not seeing Kov move down or even offering a CW.

You know damn well he gives a fuk. Like he just did an interview saying he would be fight below 175.

Comment

• Ward at it again. Meanwhioe his fans be like "it okay doe he can do t die bcuz he like jesus doe". This guy has fought nothing but bums these past 4 years AND THE THING IS EVERYONE WANTS TO FIGHT HIM cause he poses no risk. Unlike Golovkin who is feared and has to fight whoever dares get in a ring with him. This guy is the biggest coward after Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by §ŠATAS View Post
                Purely to stay busy.

I get it but I don't like it mainly because i worry of a cut or injury that could potentially delay the big fight. I don't think it's necessary, sparring partners probably will prepare him better than this.
                It's kinda like soccer. Big teams play super weak teams in their pre-season games to build fitness and to gain confidence (by smashing said smaller teams) before the season starts.

However, having said that, it's kind of hard to get behind this considering that Floyd Mayweather fought the p4p number 2 coming back from a 2 year lay off.

He also fought Cotto after a one year lay off at a higher weight. So it does kinda feel meh for him to be fighting a guy like this on his third fight since he returned.

Barrera was a decent opponent, but this is just....well.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                  Ward at it again. Meanwhioe his fans be like "it okay doe he can do t die bcuz he like jesus doe". This guy has fought nothing but bums these past 4 years AND THE THING IS EVERYONE WANTS TO FIGHT HIM cause he poses no risk. Unlike Golovkin who is feared and has to fight whoever dares get in a ring with him. This guy is the biggest coward after Canelo.
                  Golovkin ran from Ward

Comment

• Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                    Golovkin ran from Ward
                    Nope, he just didn't want to hang around waiting for him. You don't have to run from somebody who sends you an offer to fight "sometime next year".

Comment

• No heat going into kov/ward. When the crap numbers come back from kov/chilemba and ward/brand I wouldn't be surprised if the PPV is cancelled and it goes regular HBO. Then Ward would have a good reason to duck. As PPV it wont sell to any casuals. Crawford/Postol sales results could give an idea of the market.

Comment

Working...
                      X