Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume - Danny Garcia or Saul Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the better resume - Danny Garcia or Saul Canelo Alvarez?

Both fighters have very good resumes but which is better?
    Saul Canelo Alvarez
    55.88%
    Danny Garcia
    44.12%

I think its Danny, he had clear wins against Khan and Lucas, but Canelo have better competitions and much better fighter than Danny. Close Resume

Comment

Alvarez and I don't think it's close. Plus the guy is only 25.

But I understand Floyd needs comeback opponent so we're seeing the usually fools come out claiming Garcia has a better win than Fury. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Alvarez and I don't think it's close. Plus the guy is only 25.

But I understand Floyd needs comeback opponent so we're seeing the usually fools come out claiming Garcia has a better win than Fury. SMH.
        Except no one has said that Garcia has a better win than Fury.

Why don't you respond in your own thread, clown?

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
          Both fighters have very good resumes but which is better?
          Good thread. I think it's between these two out of the younger guys.

I lean on Danny though.

Comment

Danny Garcia and it's not even close. Beating guys like Khan and Matthysse while being at the same size as them is quite remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
              Danny Garcia and it's not even close. Beating guys like Khan and Matthysse while being at the same size as them is quite remarkable.
              Khan already beaten twice and coming off a loss, and matthysee has losses to every good fighter he faced. Canelo has wins against cotto better then anyone Danny has faced, and wins against trout who was undefeated and Lara who was virtually undefeated with only a robbery to p-will. Canelo has more wins against world champs, beaten HOFers, and top 10 p4p ranked fighters. More importantly dannys best wins are almost half a decade ago. Just some of the reasons canelo resume is better and why he is on everybody top 10 p4p lists and Danny isnt.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-17-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Khan already beaten twice and coming off a loss, and matthysee has losses to every good fighter he faced. Canelo has wins against cotto better then anyone Danny has faced, and wins against trout who was undefeated and Lara who was virtually undefeated with only a robbery to p-will. Canelo has more wins against world champs, beaten HOFers, and top 10 p4p ranked fighters. More importantly dannys best wins are almost half a decade ago. Just some of the reasons canelo resume is better and why he is on everybody top 10 p4p lists and Danny isnt.
                Canelo lost to Lara and Trout and the Cotto win meant nothing. Cotto had done NOTHING for years, except beating a cripple and losing to Trout. The Cotto win hurt Canelo's legacy, actually, as he shouldn't have struggled so badly against a small shot fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                  Canelo lost to Lara and Trout and the Cotto win meant nothing. Cotto had done NOTHING for years, except beating a cripple and losing to Trout. The Cotto win hurt Canelo's legacy, actually, as he shouldn't have struggled so badly against a small shot fighter.
                  No he didn't Lara ran from him all night got booed and the shame from how he fought follows him to this day. Trout undefeated world champ who embarrassed cotto means nothing? But khan who was already put to sleep by another fighter and coming off a second loss is better? How did canelo struggle with cotto? Dude won maybe 3 rounds and got on his bike just to survive 12 rounds. What hurts Danny is his resume being garbage since in WI. To matthysee 3 years ago. Since then he flat out lost and got embarrassed by Herrera in his family's home country, faced weak competition and likely should have 2 losses since matthysee. Like I said his best wins are almost half a decade ago.

Comment

Riding with danny

both have two close one on their ledger but Danny has defeated more dangerous contenders, titleholders and champions.

He has fewer fights, meaning he was brought along tougher as well

Canelo has mayweather on his ledger but in the loss column, that affects my decision as well....so does Canelo winning his title vs Matthew friggin hatton yet people trash DSG fighting Guerrero for a title. Hatton was never a contender...he was fringe, Guerrero at least won titles before and has competed at the world class level since he was a young guy

Canelo is more visible, Garcia is more accomplished

Also Canelo has fought many undersized guys like Hatton, Ndo, Khan, Riverside Rocky...Garcia was thrown in fights he was supposed to lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X