Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume - Danny Garcia or Saul Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And cotto did nothing for years? Wow you clearly know nothing about boxing. He won the middleweight lineal championship and was on arguably the hottest streak of his career with beat down knockouts in each of his last 3 fights 2 of which against former or regning world Champs. He was on everybody's top p4p lists for a reason when canelo beat him.

Best wins for canelo
    Cotto(HOF and top 10 p4p), Lara (might end up in HOF some day), Trout (undefeated world champ), Mosley (HOF), Angulo, Kirkland, Khan, Cintron

Best wins for Danny
    Khan, Matthysse, Morales (HOF), judah, holt, guerrero, paulie

Canelo list is better and only name on Danny list that was not coming off a loss or washed up at the time was matthysse who was over hyped at the time. Looking back matthysse has lost to every good fighter he faced and was out boxed by old judah before Danny fight.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-17-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

this one is very close. i'm with canelo on this one, though. no one on dannys resume stacks up to cotto i feel.

Comment

Its Garcia and its not even close. Idk how can some Put Canelo over Garcia in terms of Resume.
        Garcia KO Khan earlier than Canelo with having no size or two weight advantages.
        He took and won against Matthysse. He is undefeated.
        Canelo has always harvested on smaller guys and lost a 12-0 in one case.

Comment

Originally posted by IllegalDeath View Post
          Its Garcia and its not even close. Idk how can some Put Canelo over Garcia in terms of Resume.
          Garcia KO Khan earlier than Canelo with having no size or two weight advantages.
          He took and won against Matthysse. He is undefeated.
          Canelo has always harvested on smaller guys and lost a 12-0 in one case.
          Khan was ALREADY KOd in his career you do realize this? And he was coming off a second lose when he fought Danny. Khan's problem was not size he has NOW been KO'd in 3 different weight classes in his career once before in a weight class BELOW Danny. His problem is his chin. And Khan aint even one of Canelo's top 5 wins yet it is Danny's best win? LMAO Canelo beating Khan has NOTHING to do with Canelo having a better resume. Beating better fighters does. Canelo is younger yet has already beaten more world champs, more HOFers, more top ranked p4p fighters. cotto is better then anyone Danny has faced, he's already faced 3 first ballot lock HOFers and Lara could easily end up a 4th. Danny has faced only 1 and that's Morales who was considered WASHED up 5 years before he faced him. Morales the longtime featherweight champ had not held a world title in 7 years when Danny fought him. Fought a fat morales 2-3 weight classes above his featherweight glory days. And didn't win that convincing that's why he needed a direct rematch. And Morales is the only fighter even close to Cotto, Mayweather, Mosley, Lara in terms of career achievements. The rest of Danny's wins were against fighters either coming off a loss or long seen as washed up ie Pauly, Guerrero, Judah, Holt, and obviously Morales.

Matthyssee is the closest thing to a a prime fighter Danny has faced and Matthyssee was beaten TWICE already and outboxed by a old Judah and has lost virtually every fight when he faced a good fighter. Danny being undefeated is the biggest joke in boxing he was flat out busted up and schooled while being booed by PR's. That was a cherry pick gone wrong, a showcase in PR in what was supposed to be a easy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            Riding with danny

both have two close one on their ledger but Danny has defeated more dangerous contenders, titleholders and champions.

He has fewer fights, meaning he was brought along tougher as well

Canelo has mayweather on his ledger but in the loss column, that affects my decision as well....so does Canelo winning his title vs Matthew friggin hatton yet people trash DSG fighting Guerrero for a title. Hatton was never a contender...he was fringe, Guerrero at least won titles before and has competed at the world class level since he was a young guy

Canelo is more visible, Garcia is more accomplished

Also Canelo has fought many undersized guys like Hatton, Ndo, Khan, Riverside Rocky...Garcia was thrown in fights he was supposed to lose.
            That's a lie Canelo has beaten more world champs and higher ranked fighters so how the hell are danny's opponents more dangerous when damn near all were coming off losses or a series of bad losses before he faced them? So because Canelo stepped up and fought the best fighter of the last 30 years and Danny went and fought Salka instead that means Danny is better? Newsflash if Danny fought Floyd after Matthyssee like everyone wanted he would of lost and got schooled just like anyone who has ever faced Floyd. By that stupid logic then because Marquez lost to Floyd that means that Danny is better then Marquez? Marquez fought and beat better fighters that's why he is better then Danny and so is Canelo. As for fighting smaller fighters what do you call Salka, Morales, and a host of others? Danny outgrew 140 3 years ago and has yet to fight 1 top ranked or full fledged career WW.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-17-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
              Both fighters have very good resumes but which is better?
              Coin flip for me, but I guess, if pressed, I would have to give a slight edge to Danny. Canelo may have the best win between the two in Lara, but I give Danny the edge in overall body of work. No matter how I feel about a couple of his decisions, Danny pretty much fought everyone that mattered at 140. Still annoyed though that him and Peterson did'nt fight at 140. That would of been another nice notch in Danny's belt having 3 straps at 140, but oh well.

Comment

Gift Garcia hasn't done shit since the Lucas fight.

Canelo and it isn't even close.

Comment

It's close. I'd rate Canelo higher P4P at the moment, but Garcia's resume as a whole is a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    That's a lie Canelo has beaten more world champs and higher ranked fighters so how the hell are danny's opponents more dangerous when damn near all were coming off losses or a series of bad losses before he faced them? So because Canelo stepped up and fought the best fighter of the last 30 years and Danny went and fought Salka instead that means Danny is better? Newsflash if Danny fought Floyd after Matthyssee like everyone wanted he would of lost and got schooled just like anyone who has ever faced Floyd. By that stupid logic then because Marquez lost to Floyd that means that Danny is better then Marquez? Marquez fought and beat better fighters that's why he is better then Danny and so is Canelo. As for fighting smaller fighters what do you call Salka, Morales, and a host of others? Danny outgrew 140 3 years ago and has yet to fight 1 top ranked or full fledged career WW.

.....have a coke and a smile..losses matter and affect you resume, cant sit and act like a fight didnt happen

its close, I picked danny, not that deep

Canelo fought a lot of guys that were undersized.

how can you bring up rod salsa and not acknowledge Canelo won his belt at 150, vs an unranked opponent never was at 147-154....Matthew hatton...and defended it against no hopers like josesito lopez, alphonso friggin gomez, and a washed up cintron

canelo isnt fighting killers back to back

dude

this fool made up his own divison, wont fight at 160 and created his own divison

Comment

Close, but I lean Canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X