No announcement yet.

"Wlad got old overnight" putting this BS to bed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I agree that Wlad was old and it was a factor I.e he wasn't at his absolute peak.

I also agree that he had a better game plan and capitalized on Wlads flaws.

Eh so yes I do
    You said that it was Fury who took it away from him. You said it for nobody to misunderstand.

And now you say that age was a factor as well.

So which is it? You are all over the place here.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      You said that it was Fury who took it away from him. You said it for nobody to misunderstand.

And now you say that age was a factor as well.

So which is it? You are all over the place here.
      How am I all over the place? Don't you understand that someone can be out of his prime, but still be the same fighter that you've seen in his last couple of fights? I.e. didn't get old overnight.

And Fury capitalized on that?

You sound in denial still.
      Last edited by LacedUp; 06-21-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Call it what you like but it was an unusually timid performance by Vlad in which he in fact threw remarkably less than he normally does. His decline can arguably be seen since the Povetkin fight, so we're talking the last few years, not 'overnight'. He still stopped lesser opponents in Leapai, Pulev during this time but did in fact show signs of slowing down with movers, boxers in Jennings and Fury.

Just by the face of it without being biased towards one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Call it what you like but it was an unusually timid performance by Vlad in which he in fact threw remarkably less than he normally does. His decline can arguably be seen since the Povetkin fight, so we're talking the last few years, not 'overnight'. He still stopped lesser opponents in Leapai, Pulev during this time but did in fact show signs of slowing down with movers, boxers in Jennings and Fury.

Just by the face of it without being biased towards one or the other.
          Good post.

Comment

How am I all over the place? Don't you understand that someone can be out of his prime, but still be the same fighter that you've seen in his last couple of fights? I.e. didn't get old overnight.
            Of course I can understand that. It's just not what you said. You said that Wlad's drop in output was because of Fury.

And now you say that age is a factor as well. Cool enough. That's also what I said so thanks for tracking back on your previous statement and away from the bboy80 brigade.

Comment

Of course I can understand that. It's just not what you said. You said that Wlad's drop in output was because of Fury.

And now you say that age is a factor as well. Cool enough. That's also what I said so thanks for tracking back on your previous statement and away from the bboy80 brigade.
              I don't think I'm back-tracking. I was one of the first guys on this forum saying Wlad had lost a step. That was when people were still saying he was in his prime.

But Fury took Wlad of this day, the same Wlad that would probably not only beat but expose the likes of Joshua and Wilder, and capitalized on his flaws, one of which was his age.

Comment

I don't think I'm back-tracking. I was one of the first guys on this forum saying Wlad had lost a step. That was when people were still saying he was in his prime.

But Fury took Wlad of this day, the same Wlad that would probably not only beat but expose the likes of Joshua and Wilder, and capitalized on his flaws, one of which was his age.
                You are indeed backtracking from what you said earlier to me and from what you stated in the OP:

He was in with Tyson Fury. And that's why he lost.

That's pretty much a definition of backtracking pal.

Comment

BBoy80 brigade lol, whats that supposed to mean.

"No on gets old over night however, its a steady decline. Has Wlad declined over the years yes, but to a point where people give for an excuse to why he lost no! "

thats what I said, how is that wrong.

Comment

lol ring generalship vs guys that are 6'1 6'2...

I mean, just stop dude.
                    Now you're all over the place.. It's size now is it? Thought it was your PUNCH stats?

Ironic you cite WK fighting smaller HW's than himself when the man in your avatar was 5'11" & who's prime weight was 205lbs. Didn't stop big George or Cassius. Didn't stop Holmes fighting 199lb Michael Spinks or 200lb Leon did it?! OP suggesting 40 year old WK isn't fading & he's the same as he ever was! I think you've made a fool of yourself enough! Haye is 6'3 BTW. Man you're one dense MF!
                    Last edited by 1g5a22; 06-21-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• You can throw all the punches you want but if your timing is going & the snap/pop in them is too then stats don't mean ****! The spring in his step is going too thus his ability to control the ring & impose himself on his opponents will falter too. He can't pull the trigger anymore this is clear.. Is he shot? No. I think he's at the stage Holmes & Hopkins were when they fought Spinks & Taylor. He's fading. Will he be able to adapt to it in other ways? Who knows.. I think he's near the end. OP FAILED BIG TIME!

Comment

Working...
                      X