Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Danny Jacobs No Longer Calls For GGG Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    What kind of response is that lol it makes no sense given the context. I'm saying since Jacobs July 30th date is versus TBA obviously it's not that big of a deal and if he wants Golovkin it would not be an issue to scrap that little card and have a big fight with Golovkin. It's not like his July 30th fight is some huge event, no one cares about it.
    You are correct. For some reason I thought it was signed already? If it's TBA and he considers himself even REMOTELY even type of WBA Champion then he needs sht or get off the pot!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Areyoudumb View Post
      Cmon man you and i know both are just name dropping and know they have no chance of winning. Only thing they would be winning is being $half a million heavy.
      Eubank is a bit green but who around GGG's weight would make a better fight than Lara?
      I think Lara-Golovkin is a great fight and a meaningful win for either guy. They're both in a class all of their own. There's a lot of great fight's at 168 but I think they lack the depth and prize a Lara fight would. Just my thoughts..

Comment

• As for Jacobs, he's a gatekeeper that happened to get a belt. Anybody here remember a guy named Dimitri Pirog? Pirog touched that chin and Jacobs dropped like a bag of hammers. That chin is Khan-like folks.....Jacobs will fight GGG maybe for a Gazillion dollars....

Comment

• Originally posted by RealIzm View Post
          As for Jacobs, he's a gatekeeper that happened to get a belt. Anybody here remember a guy named Dimitri Pirog? Pirog touched that chin and Jacobs dropped like a bag of hammers. That chin is Khan-like folks.....Jacobs will fight GGG maybe for a Gazillion dollars....
          Carlos Molina outboxed and embarrassed Lara.

Angulo knocked Lara around the ring, dropped him a couple times.

Canelo, the guy who is scared to death about facing GGG won against Lara.

Pirog was kinda special in his own way.

You think Lara is better than Jacobs?

First of all Jacobs is bigger, taller, more exciting, stronger and he knocked out Quillin. Also Jacobs is a big middleweight, Lara hasn't even fought at Middleweight once.

Who did Lara beat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            Carlos Molina outboxed and embarrassed Lara.

Angulo knocked Lara around the ring, dropped him a couple times.

Canelo, the guy who is scared to death about facing GGG won against Lara.

Pirog was kinda special in his own way.

You think Lara is better than Jacobs?

First of all Jacobs is bigger, taller, more exciting, stronger and he knocked out Quillin. Also Jacobs is a big middleweight, Lara hasn't even fought at Middleweight once.

Who did Lara beat?
            Molina narrowly outboxed Lara

Angulo got annihilated by Lara

Canelo was clearly outboxed by Lara

Paul Williams was clearly outboxed by Lara

Pirog special? No not really at all. Special in his own way? You his moms?

Do I think Lara is better than Jacobs? Well yea because he is better than Jacobs. It's not even close. Jacobs is a B fighter while Lara is elite. This really isn't debated by people that watch boxing. You just find Jacobs 3 months ago or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Ahh thanks mate...you seem a cool guy and respectful as well...this forum is never personal and some of the conversations are hilarious and OTT...yeah I grew up with those legends I boxed because I wanted to be like leonard and I've loved ever since...it's shame that its lost its way a bit but there's still some great fighters in the mix it it's seems so hard to get them to face each other now as money seems the driving force before it was bragging rights...it's just a phase i thnk...as for klitchcko what ever happens he's proved himself already and if he does pull it off in the rematch that will add even more to his legacy ...I see lennox fight 5 times live and 2 of them was in America against holyfield ...first in MSG and then the thomas and mack in Vegas .....6 young men running wild in Vegas ...mental lol

Oh some folks in this forum are biased, racist and foolish with their personal vendetta against a fighter and their fans.. Everything said and done nobody is above the sport and that's what hardcores are fan of, it's the sport itself!

The game rules are dictated by money these years and it's mostly dictating legacy than the fights itself. Titles being vacated for money and people fighting for paper titles like regular, interim, silver etc.. Stupid Catchweights being thrown around..

Could you imagine if Ali and Frazier fought on a CW..

You saw One of the best fights of early 2000s then.

Mental in UK is what we call as Crazy here in America and I get it, it's Vegas mate supposed to be mental innit
              Last edited by BoxingFan85; 05-31-2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Canelo vacated but very much said he wants the fight. K2/GGG would be stupid to be seen as the ones walking away. They shouldn't give GBP Cash Cow[ard] that kind of out.

Thanks for informing me what my interests are. Actually, I could give a **** if he fights Lara or Ward, I'm just stating facts.

I have no fear of Lara beating GGG--Angulo and Canelo got to Lara, GGG does so easily. But I get why that isn't a fight they want, Lara gives them little. I get why fans don't like Lara, his fights are snooze fest. I'd rather GGG fight guys who with fight him, have risk of KO's. If Lara was a big fight, I'd say GGG should go do that cardio session--that's all it'd be, GGG chasing Lara around until he traps him and hurts him. Angulo did it quickly, GGG does it quicker.

I'd rather see GGG v Jacobs, Suanders or Eubanks. All three probably give him tougher fights than Lara. Unless like many, tougher is seen as chasing a guy. Lara will never be a real threat to GGG.
                Suanders at least will box, and hit, which is always a threat. Lara will be so scared of getting hit, he try to land jabs and run. Snooze!

Canelo v. GGG is still very much in play, or at least k2 shouldn't be giving him an out when he isn't fighting until September anyways.

GGG needs a big name--Lara isn't, he'll neither is Ward.

As for Ward, I think that's GGG big test. However, when you take a test like that, it damn well should be worth it. And neither of them wanted to fight when they were lined up. Ward turned GGG down, and then GGG said no to wards offer. Ward tried to get a 50/50 purse and year and a half in advance, k2 smartly balked, and said we can discuss this when we actually are going to fight.

However, Loeffler says GGG would still fight Ward once he is done at 160 and if Ward gets his profile back up and it becomes a big fight. But Ward says it will never happen. That's not on GGG.

The first bold! Which fighter has lil g fought that risks could beat him let alone Knock him out? There is no fighter on lil g's resume that people thought "hmmm he will KO lil g" You can't name one fighter to date lil g has fought.

Again NAME ME A FIGHTER THAT PUSSIE G HAS FOUGHT THAT IS BETTER THAN LARA?? Don't forget to answer this question. So if pussie g has not fought a fighter better than Lara and you don't want to see that fight that SAYS IT ALL ABOUT YOU GROUPIE.

That second bold! If Lara was a big fight?????? WHAT FIGHT TO DATE THAT LIL G HAS HAD WOULD BE BIGGER THAN THE LARA ONE???????? Please do not forget to answer this question.

The third bold! Lara would be so scared of getting hit??? Maybe he will BOX AND MOVE, AND MAKE LIL G LOOK SILLY AND YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT??? If pussie g was great at cutting off the ring, and such a monster he would be able to stop Lara no problem.

The fourth bold - Lara, and Wards aren't big names AND BY FAR BIGGER NAMES THAN ANYBODY PUSSIE G HAS EVER FOUGHT. And would be the best competition bar none. AM I LYING? Is there anybody on pussie g current resume that is better than Ward and Lara?? And are more known?? Stop it groupie

Ward says lil g and team don't want it and it is not worth waiting around for a fight that won't happen. I just seen an interview with Ward about a few weeks ago from Fighthype where he talks about the fans being cheated out of a great fight because lil g and company didn't want it.

So like a true warrior. HE MOVED UP IN WEIGHT. And is set to face Kovalev this November. If Ward was on some coward stuff talking about moving up to 175 to fight anybody but Kovalev I would call him out to. I want to see Ward challenge himself and fight the best period. Unlike lil g fans who want to play accountant, and manager for fights that on paper won't make lil g look like an all-star.

Ward and Lara are very schooled boxers, 10 times the level of opposition that lil g has ever seen. And that's what scares pussie g fans. the fact that we are going back and forth over a fight being made says it all. That's fanboyism to the fullest.

I want to see the "supposed" best fight each other. And you want to play "accountant" with out actually having the numbers at all. The fact you don't want to see lil g against a slick A plus fighter says it all

Comment

• Danny Jacobs is just another Al Haymon ducker, what do you expect.

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I'm very disappointed with Danny's silence! He should be pursuing GGG ASAP! He's not going to make more money with anyone else...unless he can make it down to 155!
                    He already has the fight next f the canelo talks fall through. In the mean time he should take a stay busy fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by woo9115 View Post
                      When you're the WBA Regular Champion of the World. You call the shots...

Okay... Are you serious?????
                      Jacobs is coming to the table with the backing of Barclays Center, Showtime, and Al Haymon, faced against a camp that arguably doesn't have the same backing from venue or channel.

With Golovkin on the verge of basically being forced to fight Jacobs on Jacobs' terms, or K2 trying to convince him to drop the belt, Jacobs has Golovkin's camp over a barrel without really needing to say a word.

The moment the Canelo talks die officially, K2 is going to have a week or so to control their own destiny (pay Billy Joe Saunders' price to secure a WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO unification fight) or leave things to the hopes and whims of DiBella/Haymon/Espinoza not playing hardball against them.

Comment

Working...
                      X