Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard: I Told Mayweather I Would Have Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least he's not bitter about Floyd like Duran who says he would be ordinary in his era.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Sugar Ray fighting Hagler after a 3 year layoff would be like Floyd fighting Golovkin in the next year or two. without a tune up.

Would be cool if that happened!
      Lol no it's not. Floyd and Leonard weren't the same size.

Also Floyd would be 40, Leonard was 30.

Duran fighting Hagler is a better analogy, never understood people comparing Leonard-Hagler to Floyd-Golovkin.
      Last edited by Caught Square; 05-26-2016, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
        That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
        I guess since it doesn't fit your Floyd's agenda

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          I guess since it doesn't fit your Floyd's agenda
          No, that statement was just flat-out stupid.

I suggest you go watch Froch - Groves 1. That ended in TKO and there was NOTHING "fair and square" about that win for Froch.

Trying to act like ALL TKO wins are fair?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sammyjeff View Post
            Dude are u high from sniffing Floyd's jock? Sugar ray beats him 8-4 if not knock him out. Do u forget the hand speed and underrated power sugar ray possessed. He beat arguably the best p4p fighter at that time in Marvin Hagler. Wake up dude.
            I actually thought Hagler won that fight. Sugar won the crowd at the last 10-15 at the end of each round. Hagler brought the pressure to him the whole fight. But it's on paper, SRL won so no argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              Someone winning on all cards and getting caught in the late rounds isn't deserving of a rematch? A rematch that the boxing world wanted to see and would have been another massive pay day.
              WTF are you talking about?
              You spent too much time hanging on Floyd's nutsack.

I never said a rematch wasn't worthy.

I said those wins are fair and square
              , there is no controversy unlike "a controversial decision" like FM vs Castillo 1.

How Duran was leading on the cards before the "no mas"??

Regarding Hearns:
              Well Leonard just KTFO Hearns, end off

Leonard started to control the fight after the 6th round altough Hearns had a last good run in the 11th and 12th, he just battered him in the 14th.
              Not like he was a TKO on cuts, or a "lucky punch" ala Lewis-Rahman, Hearns was out.

Comment

• I think he could do it, although I personally think the fight could swing either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                  And all of them avoided Mike McCallum and Julian "Hawk" Jackson
                  They didnt want that work from the young uns...McCallum had the skills to beat all of them if not most. Jackson wouldve been fun to watch, may have upset one of them with a 1 punch ko

Comment

• Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                    No, that statement was just flat-out stupid.

I suggest you go watch Froch - Groves 1. That ended in TKO and there was NOTHING "fair and square" about that win for Froch.

Trying to act like ALL TKO wins are fair?
                    You said it, I never talked about all TKOs.

You just didn't get it and probably didn't read the first exchanges with Isaac Clarke.

So get all the informations before giving a judgement cuz you're the one bringing up a stupid statement.

I was talking about 2 particular TKOs regarding Leonard the "no mas" and "14th round Hearns stoppage".

Isaac said Leonard escaped with two wins and didn't give a rematch.

I said he beat them FAIR AND SQUARE by TKO, no controversial decision.
                    Didn't even say a rematch wasn't interesting.
                    But there was no gift for SRL, no "narrow decision".

When you a stop a guy in the ring or the guy quit, you can talk about a fair win, that's just IMO, THERE IS NO CONTROVERSY.

When you get a narrow/discussed/controversial decision, that's a whole different story.

Comment

• Prime for prime? SRL is too big, too powerful and one of the only guys with maybe more speed than Floyd at his peak.

Comment

Working...
                      X