No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard: I Told Mayweather I Would Have Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sammyjeff View Post
    And also fought everyone in his era and in their prime. Duran, hearns, hagler etc.
    And all of them avoided Mike McCallum and Julian "Hawk" Jackson

Comment

I did tell him that [I beat his father] - like father, like son."

Comment

A young prime Sugar Ray Leonard is my favorite fighter of all time but I'm still uncertain as to who would have won if these two met in their primes. They say defense wins championships. Will guess what? It also wins boxing matches and for this reason I lean toward Floyd Mayweather even though Sugar Ray is my favorite of all time. Just keeping it real...

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
          And all of them avoided Mike McCallum and Julian "Hawk" Jackson
          Floyd hadn't even turned pro yet when those guys were in their prime and he wasn't in the same weight when he did turn pro smdh

Comment

Sugar ray by ko!!!! Hearns, Duran, Benitez woulda beat cherry picking Floyd!!!! Leonard beat them all in their primes!!!

Comment

I don't agree with the comment up there saying Floyd is too cerebral for Sugar. Sugar was an extremely, EXTREMELY cerebral fighter. And he possessed power in both hands and could bang anytime he wanted to. He normally just fought smart in his prime, but was still actually exciting. This would be an awesome fight to watch. Anybody got a DeLorean?

Comment

FMJ never fought a SRL caliber fighter in there prime and would most likely avoid him

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                  Floyd hadn't even turned pro yet when those guys were in their prime and he wasn't in the same weight when he did turn pro smdh
                  Dude, I'm not talking about Floyd.

Why the **** would I be talking about dudes who were in their primes in the '80s vs. Floyd Mayweather?

Comment

Toss up fight Floyd in his prime without hand problems would give Leonard all types of trouble but sugar also knew how to adapt a think mans contest would of loved to see

Comment

Floyd hated guys with height and reach. Avoided them consistently. Sugar would have been way, way better than any WW Floyd ever faced. A true Welter with a big frame. Not the kind of opponent Floyd ever faced. I think deliberately.

Comment

Working...
                      X