Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I Want Golovkin Next, He Would Solidify My Legacy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think GGG may take up the challenge of Eubank Jr next. Saunders moves too much and is a good boxer. Lara same, but an even greater and pure boxer than BJS. Eubank Jr on the ither hand is built for a bang it out sort of fight and that is more the style team Golovkin wants for him.

Lara gets in trouble when he tries to out macho opponents and not think defence first. If he sticks to 12 rounds of boring stick and move boxing; jab jab straight move; jab straight move; jab jab straight move type of strategy than he will be a hard nut for GGG to crack. But if Lara chooses to stand and trade at points or stays in the pocket too long, GGG will sack him no doubt. It will take 12 rounds of boring boxing or just brute strength to beat Triple OG!

Comment

- He's just bluffing
      - He needs to fight a top 10 contender at 160
      - He doesn't have any fans
      - He asked for too much money
      - Haymon will block the fight
      - Monroe is more popular
      - What does he have to gain by beating Lara?
      - Unification is the goal

Have I missed anything?

Comment

If no Canelo or Saunders in September I hope Tom makes this fight GGG could use Lara in his resume

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          - He's just bluffing
          - Monroe is more popular

Have I missed anything?
          Some of those are legit points, however Ggg may be left with no better options. You up for a bet if this goes down?

Comment

**** it , not really interested in this fight but atleast lara is willing to get in the ring, make it happen triple g

Comment

Canelo had the sack to fight Lara. This is a good opportunity for GGG to fight a common Canelo opponent and a legit opponent, period. I think team GGG feels the risk is too high. Wish they had some faith in their guy and let him fight some live opponents. He doesn't even have to compromise weight on this one.

Comment

Either Lara is crazy or he possesses the largest ball set of any fighter in history that I know, to want to challenge Golovkin on Gennady's on terms; Given GGG's KO power and skill set. That is simply unheard of and is something that even Canelo Alvarez isn't entertaining or reluctant in doing.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  - He's just bluffing
                  - Monroe is more popular

Have I missed anything?
                  He doesn't deserve a GGG payday, he's too boring, who's on his resume? Canelo is priority, he has to get in line, and I'm sure there will be more

Comment

100% Lara should NOT earn a shot on GGG , he earned it already as one of the best if not the best 154 which is a division next to GGG , I dont think the best guys in a division goes up they need to earn a shot like a prospect , usually they want some tuneups but thats for them to decide , big fights between weight division happens without mandatories and stuff.
                    If not Belt fight or Canelo , MAKE THE FIGHT K2 , I want to see it , lets see GGG struggles even for a bit , Lara deserves the fight more then most figthers GGG can get for Sep .

Comment

Legacy? Who are you? Where are your millions of fans? Gianfranco Rossi will have a bigger legacy than Lara. Most don't even remember him.

Comment

Working...
                      X