Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I Want Golovkin Next, He Would Solidify My Legacy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    HOUSTON, TX - WBA and IBO Super-Welterweight Champion, Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara (23-2-2, 13 KOs) is focused on breaking the record for most consecutive world title defenses at 154-pounds if he can't land a big fight. The record, which was set by Gianfranco Rosi with 11 defenses of the IBF title, has stood strong since January of 1993.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lil g ducked Lara once already.

lil g & Lara don't have fights signed at this moment.

lil g-girls-"this guy Lara only calls out Golovkin when he has a fight signed already"

Lara is willing to fight lil g at 160 , lil g still won't fight him.

I wonder if Golovchicken would fight Lara at Golovkinweight , catchweight of 164 pounds?!

Comment

Bring it on, I have a feeling Lara will put on a boxing clinic late but gets dropped by GGG early.

GGG will look for the KO and that gives a guy as accurate as Lara more chances to counter. The question is Lara's footwork better than Golovkin?

People bring up the Anglo fight but folks forget that Lara ended up making him quit an was tagging him up.

With Canelo,he was tagging him up too before Canelo started goin primarily downstairs.

Lara will have to counter when he absolutely needs to an he must put some real mustard behind them counters an move away cuz GGG will look for a counter as well.

Either Lara SD or GGG TKO

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
        Lol, nobody cares about this fight because everyone knows lara will just be on his bike. Nobody but mad dudes on forums talk about it.
        You sound scary as shyt. I thought lil g could cut off the ring? You rather see him fight the Wades of the world

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          nobody is "protecting" him, many of us just see it as a meaningless fight in which Lara gets ghouled, and it serves no purpose as far as getting a mando out of the way, or something along those lines.

Now that being said, should GGG not be able to land Saunders, Jacobs, or Ramirez, then fine, fight Lara. It just means nothing in the big picture so its not our first choice

It does mean something. the best win on his resume by far. Compare lil g fight vs Lara to lil g vs Wade. That Wade fight was complete bull shyt and nobody on lil g's current resume is better than Lara. This would be a massive step up for lil g.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Bring it on, I have a feeling Lara will put on a boxing clinic late but gets dropped by GGG early.

GGG will look for the KO and that gives a guy as accurate as Lara more chances to counter. The question is Lara's footwork better than Golovkin?

People bring up the Anglo fight but folks forget that Lara ended up making him quit an was tagging him up.

With Canelo,he was tagging him up too before Canelo started goin primarily downstairs.

Lara will have to counter when he absolutely needs to an he must put some real mustard behind them counters an move away cuz GGG will look for a counter as well.

Either Lara SD or GGG TKO
            If Lara wins it would give him a good legacy. I don't see him pulling a decision out though. His work rate too low. Ggg barely loses round and I just don't see Lara who's notoriously known to try to coast through rounds win them against ggg.

I hope to this fight though cause he's actually willing to fight him. If mo Saunders Lara would be my second choice.

Comment

That will be a good fight, I highly doubt Lara would get KOed and we might actually see someone take GGG the distance

Comment

Hell fight anyone 147-154

Only to 160 fight a big fight.

Hhmmm

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
                  That will be a good fight, I highly doubt Lara would get KOed and we might actually see someone take GGG the distance

And THAT, is what Team Bull**** are desperately afraid of.

As I have said before, I favor Golovkin over Lara, and anyone else at 160..... but Lara is a mover/spoiler who is notoriously difficult to look good against..... they don't want to risk Gennady looking bad, failing to put Lara away, or worse.....

..... boxing is all about styles/matchmaking, seen all this before.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                    If Lara wins it would give him a good legacy. I don't see him pulling a decision out though. His work rate too low. Ggg barely loses round and I just don't see Lara who's notoriously known to try to coast through rounds win them against ggg.

I hope to this fight though cause he's actually willing to fight him. If mo Saunders Lara would be my second choice.
                    Thats the thing, GGG loves a guy who stays right in front of him. Sure he cuts off the ring really well but look who he had to cut off the ring against.

Lara would be a fighter who has way better footwork than anyone than GGG has ever fought. I can see GGG dropping Lara early, maybe twice an Lara gets on his bike absolutely for atleast 3 rounds then settles down an starts picking his shots an when to counter better.

I see GGG being very frustrated an start to make lots of mistakes. Monroe don't have nowhere near the power Lara has an his face was gettin bruised up.

Low percentage shots equals better connect %, problem with Lara is if GGG shows signs of fatigue or absolute frustration then Lara should ramp up the hard counters.

GGG vs Lara sept.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      And THAT, is what Team Bull**** are desperately afraid of.

As I have said before, I favor Golovkin over Lara, and anyone else at 160..... but Lara is a mover/spoiler who is notoriously difficult to look good against..... they don't want to risk Gennady looking bad, failing to put Lara away, or worse.....

..... boxing is all about styles/matchmaking, seen all this before.
                      ok lets make a bet. Not a serious money bet, because we can both do that via our individual books with ZERO risk of getting stiffed. Lets make a food bet.

Large pizza and side order (garlic knots, etc), delivered by the pizza joint of the winners choosing. (In their area, no stupid $500 delivery fees or nonsense). Just a legitimate pizza bet. Loser can call the pizza joint and pay via credit card.

If GGG-Lara gets made, and Lara sees the final bell, you win

If GGG stops him, I win. (stoppage on cuts from a headbutt or DQ voids the bet)

You game, or just all talk?
                      Last edited by OnePunch; 05-24-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X