No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux Interested in Canelo Fight - But NO Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
    ...or, continuing with that line of argument, who isn't overrated at WW? If Provodnikov can hang with some good boxers like Tim Bradley & still be called overrated, then you probably will never listen to the reasoning of a boxing fan.

Nah, Bradley was off his game due to the Pacquiao backlash.

That was ridiculous, he fought dumb.

The Rios/Bradley, would have Rios'd Provodnikov.

Comment

Then what other backup plan is left for Canelo?! Seriously?!...who can he face that won't cause his rep to take a huge setback? According to Aboutfkntime, everyone is overrated...no one can ever been considered good unless you're a future HoF'er. Which is it?

I already answered that question.....

He could fight Beefy Smith in the UK, rematch Cotto, he can fight boo-boo, J-Rock, the Charlo's..... but the very best opponent of all..... Kell Brook, who would love nothing more than the chance to upstage Khan.

He could also fight Saunders/Jacobs, and is far more likely to fight those guys than Golovkin is..... they will BOTH take a much bigger payday and a less-risky fight rather than face Golovkin.

I just can't believe you guys are asking that question, crazy.

I think that reasoning is ass-about-face.

I don't think Golovkin has 1 single option other than Canelo, and yet you guys are making out like it's the other way around.

Saunders/Jacobs won't fight Golovkin, and I highly doubt Eubank will either.

They all want Canelo/each other..... better paydays, less risk.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Nope, you said this.....
        " Canelo is in the same boat as GGG...only his situation is worse "
        So, I explained exactly why his situation is not worse.....
        Nope, I never said anything like that.
        I got no problem with that fight.
        I just don't get why you guys are under the illusion that the middleweights Saunders/Jacobs, and the JMW Canelo..... all have to fall in line for Golovkin.
        How the hell do you work that one out ?
        Why is Golovkin's career their problem, or mine ?
        So, Martinez and Cotto stiffed him, so what ?
        Golovkin should be willing to negotiate with the little red kid..... especially after talking all that smack about "154-168", and the well-publicized "A-side" situation with Ward..... but extra-especially after being willing to consider a catchweight for Mayweather, Cotto, and Brook.
        Now that Canelo has dropped the belt, there really aren't any reasons (excuses) why the fight shouldn't happen..... good for canelo, but aboutfkntime.
        When I said that Canelo is in the same boat as GGG, but worse...what I was referring to was that now Canelo is only going to lose his fanbase if he keeps on this path of Caneloweight. How is that not worse than GGG owning all the belts, perhaps becoming undisputed, & scaring the living shyt out of all the other 160's? In the eyes of a boxing fan, GGG is in by far the better position by actually acting like a real champion: fighting all 160's who aren't afraid...I prefer that over a sham of a weight class.

Let's get this straight. I actually think Canelo is a good fighter who could go on to have a HoF career. But I'm probably speaking for all boxing fans here: f#ck 155! The day he couldn't make 154 should have been the day he moved to 160. And here's the rub. He just might not be all that good without a size advantage. We don't know at this point because Canelo can't fight at 154, and he refuses to fight at 160....sooo, what is he actually proving as a boxer if he can't fight at a normal weight division?...wait, did he just fight a 147 fighter?! At this point, we don't know if he's any good because his size advantage is not legit...meaning, when JCC did the melt he was doing it at an actual weight class. I'm not naive enough to think that the Mexican boxing fans don't know this. This is why what Canelo is doing now is bad for boxing. F#ck 155! And f#ck anybody who defends it.

RE: Saunders, Jacobs, & Canelo. Yes, I do believe they should all fall in line to fight him. He's the f#ckin champion! Why everybody isn't trying to clean out their division to prove they're the best anymore is beyond me. If you're a MW, then you should try to knock the champion off their pedestal...that champion is GGG. Boxing is a sport. Look, I want that fight to happen too. And I was hoping that they might be able to negotiate at 157 or 158. It's been proven time & time again that a prize fighter only gets the true prize when they go after the most lucrative fight. For Canelo, it's GGG. Sure, for everybody else, it's Canelo if they want that big payday. But for Canelo, it's GGG. That's the fight the fans want...ppl would buy that fight...no doubt. The negotiations are still ongoing & I refuse to close the book on it until one of them declares their next fight. But at the moment, it appears that it's Canelo who's stalling here. And to think that this legal case against GBP over Canelo's rights has just started...we're looking at an even longer wait. Maybe it's a ploy to get the fans to forget. But boxing fans won't forget. To me, GGG's resume gets enhanced merely by guys making excuses to not fight him right now...maybe GGG is a hype job...But until someone can step up & beat him, the guy will be considered the best. TThis is what I'm saying. You don't have to agree. But I'll humbly request you open your mind to possibilities. Seriously though, I truly believe that GGG is something special who can go on to do great things...power, chin, aggression...truly something the fans can enjoy. He's not going away for the next few years. Why not enjoy the ride.

Comment

Bradley always fights kinda dumb through all his fights. That's not going to diminish the legit quality wins he has on his resume. I truly believe Bradley wants to become the best. That's why all the other WW's are wary of taking him on. The guy has an uncanny ability to adapt mid-fight & squeeze out victories...even while taking a pounding. That Provodnikov fight was fight of the year! Then he fought JMM, & dominated him. His only losses are to the guy that won fighter of the decade. Your standards are too high.

Comment

...and the a good boxer like Bradley went to war with Provodnikov. Provod gave him a war. This same Provodnikov went on to give another war to Lucas Mathysse!...a guy most considered the strongest punching jr WW...& almost won! That's not overrated to me. Again, your standards are too high.

Comment

I already answered that question.....

I just can't believe you guys are asking that question, crazy.

I think that reasoning is ass-about-face.

I don't think Golovkin has 1 single option other than Canelo, and yet you guys are making out like it's the other way around.

Saunders/Jacobs won't fight Golovkin, and I highly doubt Eubank will either.

They all want Canelo/each other..... better paydays, less risk.
              BJS has recently changed his tune due to social media backlash. If the Canelo/GGG bout isn't made, GGG's next target should be BJS. Unify now. The sooner, the better...then we will really get to see how good he is when those greater challenges present themselves. Either that, or he gets to fight Zurdo at 168...not bad at all. Again, why not enjoy the ride.

Comment

When I said that Canelo is in the same boat as GGG, but worse...what I was referring to was that now Canelo is only going to lose his fanbase if he keeps on this path of Caneloweight. How is that not worse than GGG owning all the belts, perhaps becoming undisputed, & scaring the living shyt out of all the other 160's? In the eyes of a boxing fan, GGG is in by far the better position by actually acting like a real champion: fighting all 160's who aren't afraid...I prefer that over a sham of a weight class.

Let's get this straight. I actually think Canelo is a good fighter who could go on to have a HoF career. But I'm probably speaking for all boxing fans here: f#ck 155! The day he couldn't make 154 should have been the day he moved to 160. And here's the rub. He just might not be all that good without a size advantage. We don't know at this point because Canelo can't fight at 154, and he refuses to fight at 160....sooo, what is he actually proving as a boxer if he can't fight at a normal weight division?...wait, did he just fight a 147 fighter?! At this point, we don't know if he's any good because his size advantage is not legit...meaning, when JCC did the melt he was doing it at an actual weight class. I'm not naive enough to think that the Mexican boxing fans don't know this. This is why what Canelo is doing now is bad for boxing. F#ck 155! And f#ck anybody who defends it.

1) with all due respect, who gives a flying fat fk what you think, that is just your opinion..... the reason why I say that is because I STRONGLY disagreed with manny-weight, and I told everyone that was going to be nasty precedent..... and yet, that was just my opinion, and nobody gave a flying fat fk about that either.

2) I am not interested in discussing my opinion on catchweights, done that a million times already, but the following is true..... either, abolish them completely, because they are COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY..... or, sit down, and STFU, and never mention them again..... because if you allow them you will NEVER control them, and your opinion will never be required/valued.

You simply cannot accept manny-weight, and/or gennady-weight, and then bash canelo-weight. GTFOH Pac dragged the little guys up and he pulled the big guys down, that was much worse..... which is essentially exactly what Gennady is doing, depending on how good the opponent is.

It's the two-faced fanboy bull**** that I object to..... so I will continue to slice-n-dice that rubbish, regardless as to the victim.

RE: Saunders, Jacobs, & Canelo. Yes, I do believe they should all fall in line to fight him. He's the f#ckin champion!

So fkn what..... who cares..... and how is that even relevant ?

Jacobs/Saunders are BOTH champs as well, and Canelo is the clear A-side.

So why should they " fall in line " with Golovkin, who has done absolutely nothing except beat mid-level mostly-static opponents.

They would likely make more money by fighting each other than they would by fighting Golovkin, and Eubank could possibly offer even more.

So, Martinez and Cotto stiffed Golovkin..... so what, why is that Saunders/Jacobs/Canelo's problem?

So, you Golovkin fans are getting tired of Golovkin active inactivity, or is it inactive activity?..... again, so what, how is that their problem, and why should they care?

THAT is looking at the world through golovkin-colored glasses..... those other guys are just as relevant when it comes to a negotiation.... thinking that the boxing world somehow revolves around Golovkin is naive.

Why everybody isn't trying to clean out their division to prove they're the best anymore is beyond me. If you're a MW, then you should try to knock the champion off their pedestal...that champion is GGG. Boxing is a sport. Look, I want that fight to happen too. And I was hoping that they might be able to negotiate at 157 or 158. It's been proven time & time again that a prize fighter only gets the true prize when they go after the most lucrative fight. For Canelo, it's GGG. Sure, for everybody else, it's Canelo if they want that big payday. But for Canelo, it's GGG. That's the fight the fans want...ppl would buy that fight...no doubt. The negotiations are still ongoing & I refuse to close the book on it until one of them declares their next fight. But at the moment, it appears that it's Canelo who's stalling here. And to think that this legal case against GBP over Canelo's rights has just started...we're looking at an even longer wait. Maybe it's a ploy to get the fans to forget. But boxing fans won't forget. To me, GGG's resume gets enhanced merely by guys making excuses to not fight him right now...maybe GGG is a hype job...But until someone can step up & beat him, the guy will be considered the best. TThis is what I'm saying. You don't have to agree. But I'll humbly request you open your mind to possibilities. Seriously though, I truly believe that GGG is something special who can go on to do great things...power, chin, aggression...truly something the fans can enjoy. He's not going away for the next few years. Why not enjoy the ride.

I don't have much of a problem with what you said there, except for the bold, which is rubbish.

Golovkin's resume is exactly the same as it was before.

FACT: he could have fought Ward/Lara/Mora, and possibly Cotto, by now..... and the fight with Canelo could be nearly signed.....

I do agree that Golovkin is clearly the best middleweight, and he has been for some time now.

Comment

Bradley always fights kinda dumb through all his fights. That's not going to diminish the legit quality wins he has on his resume. I truly believe Bradley wants to become the best. That's why all the other WW's are wary of taking him on. The guy has an uncanny ability to adapt mid-fight & squeeze out victories...even while taking a pounding. That Provodnikov fight was fight of the year! Then he fought JMM, & dominated him. His only losses are to the guy that won fighter of the decade. Your standards are too high.

Nah, the Bradley who fought Rios would kill Provodnikov.

Bradley made him look great in that fight.

Your impression of Provodnikov is inflated, based on that.

Go watch the Herrera/Algieri fights.

Comment

...and the a good boxer like Bradley went to war with Provodnikov. Provod gave him a war. This same Provodnikov went on to give another war to Lucas Mathysse!...a guy most considered the strongest punching jr WW...& almost won! That's not overrated to me. Again, your standards are too high.

I'm not sure if you understand about styles ?

Firstly, Matthyse is over-rated, on this site anyway..... and his style, played into Provodnikov's game more than other guys do.

Go watch the Herrera/Provodnikov fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      1) with all due respect, who gives a flying fat fk what you think, that is just your opinion..... the reason why I say that is because I STRONGLY disagreed with manny-weight, and I told everyone that was going to be nasty precedent..... and yet, that was just my opinion, and nobody gave a flying fat fk about that either.
                      2) I am not interested in discussing my opinion on catchweights, done that a million times already, but the following is true..... either, abolish them completely, because they are COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY..... or, sit down, and STFU, and never mention them again..... because if you allow them you will NEVER control them, and your opinion will never be required/valued.
                      You simply cannot accept manny-weight, and/or gennady-weight, and then bash canelo-weight. GTFOH Pac dragged the little guys up and he pulled the big guys down, that was much worse..... which is essentially exactly what Gennady is doing, depending on how good the opponent is.
                      It's the two-faced fanboy bull**** that I object to..... so I will continue to slice-n-dice that rubbish, regardless as to the victim.
                      So fkn what..... who cares..... and how is that even relevant ?
                      Jacobs/Saunders are BOTH champs as well, and Canelo is the clear A-side.
                      So why should they " fall in line " with Golovkin, who has done absolutely nothing except beat mid-level mostly-static opponents.
                      They would likely make more money by fighting each other than they would by fighting Golovkin, and Eubank could possibly offer even more.
                      So, Martinez and Cotto stiffed Golovkin..... so what, why is that Saunders/Jacobs/Canelo's problem?
                      So, you Golovkin fans are getting tired of Golovkin active inactivity, or is it inactive activity?..... again, so what, how is that their problem, and why should they care?
                      I do agree that Golovkin is clearly the best middleweight, and he has been for some time now.
                      1) Right back at ya. Nobody cares about your opinion too. What makes your opinion that much more meaningful than my opinion?. Canelo is definitely not doing what Manny did...Manny didn't campaign at a specific CW, & he practically cleaned out the WW division while waiting for FMJ. You are reaching on this.
                      2) Catch weights were invented specifically so 2 champions from different weight classes can meet in the middle. You can do whatever you want with that bit of info. But, in reality, that's the only 1 reason why any CW should be used. Again, f#ck Caneloweight. You say Pacquiao dragged the little guys up & pulled the big guys down, I disagree. He fought guys closer to their prime weight, except DLH (who chose the CW) & Cotto (who truly desired the big payday no matter what). There isn't even a single time Pacquiao pulled a big fighter down. Margarito wasn't campaigning at 154...a year before, he was fighting at WW. & in his prime, he was a WW. Pacquiao gave him a break by not draining him down all the way to 147. And the guy looked huge in the ring in comparison to Pacquiao. You're grasping at straws if you think Pacquiao was doing something wrong with CW's. I don't agree with those CW's, but he did nothing wrong when he was using the CW to allow boxers to be closer to their prime (or draining himself to make the fight more even). He literally was a lightweight beating up on WW's...that's why he won fighter of the decade.
                      3) Are you trying to say that no one should ever fight anyone with a belt because they're the A-side? Is that what you're trying to imply? You do realize who you're trying to debate with, right? I will always maintain this stance: sport before boxer. The boxer had to acquire the belts before they could make the big paydays. Even Canelo is no stranger to this. If GGG is the MW champion, then everyone else at MW should be pursuing him to become champion. This has nothing to do with who said what, who did what, or whatever...you're trying to spin it like I'm some blind GGG fanboy...I'm not...that's why your arguments are so terrible. Sport before boxer. Champion vs Contender...until the end of the world. That's the way boxing works...that's the way it will always work. Deal.
                      4) Ward? Lara? Mora? Everyone get in line. There's an undisputed champion coming your way. And Ward blocked the fight from happening by signing that contract with HBO. Lara could have done more to secure that fight. I mean, Lara's last 3 fights were against 3 journeyman north of 35-years-old, & a rematch that was 4 years too late. I'm sure that's totally a guy who wants a challenge (or did I mean payday?). Mora is the only one who actually tried to do something about that & went up to 160...& was exposed by Brian f#ckin Vera...then later on KO'd by Jacobs. The same Jacobs who needs tune-ups before fighting GGG. You see what I mean? Boxers call each other out all the time. But those being called out have to be careful with their choices to maximize earning potential & legacy building. What would fighting Mora do to help GGG's legacy? All these guys just need to get in line. GGG only has a few more years left in his prime. Like I said before, enjoy the ride.

Comment

Working...
                      X