Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux Interested in Canelo Fight - But NO Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemieux already took a couple years to transform his body somewhat, lost baby fat and toned up as much as he could. No way he could Caneloweight healthy. I would lose interest at 155.

And if Canelo fights at 160 in the very next fight after dropping the belt he will look ridiculous. They'd have to have a contract in place for GGG first and then have this fight. Like the co-feature card before Oscar-Hopkins
    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 05-23-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Why the fk would he fight that guy jeez.

Lemieux is getting more airtime than Provodnikov.

I'm sure that Canelo would look at Saunders/Jacobs before Lemieux.

Canelo is not Golovkin.
      Because Lemieux is an in-house fighter. GBP will have the easiest time arranging a bout with him, rather than Saunders or Jacobs. And what's up with the comparison to Provodnikov?...2 guys from 2 different weight classes hailing from 2 different countries. You only want to talk about your opinion as it pertains to your favorite fighter. You never want to see the whole picture. Sucks to be you...

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
        Because Lemieux is an in-house fighter. GBP will have the easiest time arranging a bout with him, rather than Saunders or Jacobs. And what's up with the comparison to Provodnikov?...2 guys from 2 different weight classes hailing from 2 different countries. You only want to talk about your opinion as it pertains to your favorite fighter. You never want to see the whole picture. Sucks to be you...

They are both over-rated as fk, and yet you silly casual fans actually think that those guys are top fighters. Sucks to be you LMAO

#powahdoeLMAO

Comment

Will writing that post really help you sleep better tonight ?

This is gonna break your heart, but here goes.....

Canelo has already made enough money to set him up for life..... he is a 25yo STAR who has already made more money than Golovkin will EVER make, PERIOD!

He could fight Beefy Smith in the UK, rematch Cotto, he can fight boo-boo, J-Rock, the Charlo's..... but the very best opponent of all..... Kell Brook, who would love nothing more than the chance to upstage Khan.

He could also fight Saunders/Jacobs, and is far more likely to fight those guys than Golovkin is..... they will BOTH take a much bigger payday and a less-risky fight rather than fight Golovkin.

Canelo is a young star with the whole world in front of him, and yet Golovkin is old, and has literally NO world-level fights on the horizon..... so yea, it is amusing to see you try to spin the opposite LMAO

Did you think that creating a golovtard alt was going to be easy work ?
          As usual for Canelo backers: always mention the money first. Money comes after sport...you don't make the fights the fans want, you don't get paid the money you want...simple. Let me ask you: you think Canelo is going to retire now since he has more money then he'll ever need? The money comparison only works when dividing the purse...it doesn't mean a damn thing when you're talking about the sport...when you're talking about the fight.

I already addressed your disbelief that GBP would go after Lemieux before BJS or Jacobs. But I'll re-dress it now just for you. Lemieux is an in-house fighter...the easiest fight to make, & it would be a fight at 160 to help Canelo acclimate to the division...easiest & most sound back-up plan available to him. It will be harder to negotiate & co-promote with the other 2, especially considering Jacobs is a Haymon fighter. GGG is more likely to get a Jacobs bout than Canelo.

You & other GGG critics can't ever get off that argument that GGG's resume is not good...yet, turn around & say that a credible fighter like Canelo shouldn't fight GGG...WHAT?!...that makes zero sense. If you think GGG is a hype job, shouldn't you be the first to say that Canelo should take the fight at 160 & then whoop him? You can't keep using double standards & not get called out on it. Yet, I'm going to continue to call it how it is, & you will probably continue to troll everyone...have fun with that, sadist

Comment

They are both over-rated as fk, and yet you silly casual fans actually think that those guys are top fighters. Sucks to be you LMAO

#powahdoeLMAO
            Dude, to you, everybody is overrated...as a boxing fan, it's easy to see how those guys got to the position they are in today: by fighting guys to climb up the rankings &, in the case of BJS, actually become a champion. You're too cynical for your own good. AT LEAST give us the names of the middleweights who aren't overrated. Let's see this list, troll....

Comment

#powahdoeLMAO
              ...or, continuing with that line of argument, who isn't overrated at WW? If Provodnikov can hang with some good boxers like Tim Bradley & still be called overrated, then you probably will never listen to the reasoning of a boxing fan.

Comment

#powahdoeLMAO
                I second that! Lemuix is a C rated fighter with very limited skills. He's a head hunter with some power that's IT! Perfect for a decent counter puncher. Sure he looked great against Tapia who was a HUGE underdog!!! -1800 is like a 45-1 dog

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  I second that! Lemuix is a C rated fighter with very limited skills. He's a head hunter with some power that's IT! Perfect for a decent counter puncher. Sure he looked great against Tapia who was a HUGE underdog!!! -1800 is like a 45-1 dog
                  Then what other backup plan is left for Canelo?! Seriously?!...who can he face that won't cause his rep to take a huge setback? According to Aboutfkntime, everyone is overrated...no one can ever been considered good unless you're a future HoF'er. Which is it?

Comment

#powahdoeLMAO
                    Can you please tell me who is better than
                    GGG at 160 and
                    Canelo at 155

right now?

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
                      Can you please tell me who is better than
                      GGG at 160 and
                      Canelo at 155

right now?
                      No one at 155 since it isn't a weight division