No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Takes Rematch, Beats Vanes Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    And if GGG doesn't get his money fight against Canelo (who I felt Lara beat) next, who out there is better than Lara that's willing to fight GGG?
    Billy Jo Saunders for the WBO title. That's a more marketable fight than forcing GGG to fight a smaller guy. Then, if not Jacobs or Eubanks, then 168 champion Gilberto Ramirez would be the next up because Arum is game to negotiate. And after all that falls through, then maybe Lara gets a call...& it probably won't be a fight for Lara's belts...so, it's a useless match for GGG to get when there are better options. Lara should make good on his statement & finally move up to 160 if he truly desires the GGG match. If he's going to stay at 154, then at least go after one of the Charlo brothers. Otherwise, I have no patience for the Amir Khan-chase-a-payday strategy that Lara wants to utilize here...no patience for a champion not fighting the 3 other champions in their division...and this goes to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
      Billy Jo Saunders for the WBO title. That's a more marketable fight than forcing GGG to fight a smaller guy. Then, if not Jacobs or Eubanks, then 168 champion Gilberto Ramirez would be the next up because Arum is game to negotiate. And after all that falls through, then maybe Lara gets a call...& it probably won't be a fight for Lara's belts...so, it's a useless match for GGG to get when there are better options. Lara should make good on his statement & finally move up to 160 if he truly desires the GGG match. If he's going to stay at 154, then at least go after one of the Charlo brothers. Otherwise, I have no patience for the Amir Khan-chase-a-payday strategy that Lara wants to utilize here...no patience for a champion not fighting the 3 other champions in their division...and this goes to all of them.

By that ridiculous logic GGG should move up to 168 and earn a shot at Zurdo

You know full well that Jacobs just announced a fight (i think itll be in july or some bull) and BJS flat out said no to GGG. Eubank fights soon.

Go ahead..name someone good or recognizable thats available to fight in September when GGG is fighting. Using YOUR logic

Excuse us for the best 154 pound beltholder not being "good enough" somehow for GGG.

It's all "everybody is avoiding" until people say "hey..there's like one guy avoiding him..but a bunch of others trying to fight him? Why's he not fighting them? Isnt he avoided? He sounds like the opposite of avoided"
      Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-22-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
        The quicker GGG, his team, and his fans learn that its about names on the resume and not belts, the quicker this dude might crossover. Floyd Mayweather never held all the belts in any division simultaneously. Hell, several of Manny Pacquiao's biggest fights had no belt on the line. Belts don't mean ****.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          I'd say it's more like "Dumbass"

Since you can just say idiota.

Personally I prefer that.

And Jedi... lara was offered to GGG before and team ggg rejected both him and mora. Who is GGG that guys have to move up and EARN a shot at him? S hitty logic since that's the reason people use to not fight him. Has he "earned" Canelo? Floyd? Cotto? Pac (yeah we got guys out here saying that)?
          He'd certainly earned Cotto and Canelo, being their Mando. So who was team Ggg offer the Lara fight by? How about Mora, who offered that?

Why complain about earning his shot? Worked for Ggg. He's now got 3 mandos to attend to, rather have Lara than Wade, right?

Comment

You know full well that Jacobs just announced a fight (i think itll be in july or some bull) and BJS flat out said no to GGG. Eubank fights soon.

Go ahead..name someone good or recognizable thats available to fight in September when GGG is fighting. Using YOUR logic

Excuse us for the best 154 pound beltholder not being "good enough" somehow for GGG.

It's all "everybody is avoiding" until people say "hey..there's like one guy avoiding him..but a bunch of others trying to fight him? Why's he not fighting them? Isnt he avoided? He sounds like the opposite of avoided"
            Ggg is a star though, and Lara is an anti draw that just barely got by Vanes and got booed

Comment

Pretty much THIS in a nutshell. Its the same **** over and over and over and over again with this dude. Its chase guys that don't wanna fight him. Not fight good fighters that WANT to fight him. Then fight a bum under the pretense that nobody better wants to fight him. I think Lara is tailormade for GGG and Gennady would f.uck him up. That said, I'd much rather see that than him fight another Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Pretty much THIS in a nutshell. Its the same **** over and over and over and over again with this dude. Its chase guys that don't wanna fight him. Not fight good fighters that WANT to fight him. Then fight a bum under the pretense that nobody better wants to fight him. I think Lara is tailormade for GGG and Gennady would f.uck him up. That said, I'd much rather see that than him fight another Wade.
                Then he should become Gggs mando like Wade, problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He'd certainly earned Cotto and Canelo, being their Mando. So who was team Ggg offer the Lara fight by? How about Mora, who offered that?

Why complain about earning his shot? Worked for Ggg. He's now got 3 mandos to attend to, rather have Lara than Wade, right?

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...rn-shot--93854

There you go.

:/... You can't walk around defending dudes without knowing these things man.

GGG got his belts. He was Cotto/Canelo's mando..now he has the belt and neither of their scalps. Back to square one.

He gained nothing but an extra fee to pay. Now who has GGG beat to be in the ring with Canelo and even Cotto? As money fights? They have no belts..he's no mando anymore..How is GGG increasing their earning potential for a fight? He isn't.. And that's why he can go beat on his mandos with ppv viewership in the 5 figures. This comes from a borderline GGG nuthugger in me..but even I can't spin it in his favor without my mind going "Hey man.. You make no f ucking sense. Put the nut hugging aside. Cant compete with facts."

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Ggg is a star though, and Lara is an anti draw that just barely got by Vanes and got booed
                    You know that the most profitable boxer of all time in Mayweather got boo plenty of time.

People dismissed Lara as draw for his style but every time they mention his name he gets tons of comments, if people hate him they will watch him especially if is a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mabulkhair View Post
                      Was Lara the guy that is supposed to give GGG problems hahaha funny. Martirosyan was easily touching Lara's body, I would like to see how Lara takes GGG body punches; if Angulo was able to knock Lara down twice, GGG will have a field day with Lara.
                      According to this logic, there's no need for GGG to fight Jacobs. He's been KO'd. And he was dropped by Sergio Mora. SERGIO F.UCK'N MORA!!!!!! If Mora can drop him, no legitimate commision would even sanction a GGG-Jacobs fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X