No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Takes Rematch, Beats Vanes Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
    Cubans? Dorticos, Forestal, Hernandez, Ramon Luis, Gonzalez, Barthelemy bros, Gamboa, Socarras, Franco amd a few more, they are Cubans and dont fight as defensive as Lara, so why this Cubans?
    You're right....I apologize. What I meant was these "hyped" Cubans infuriate me. Especially Lara and Rigondeaux. I like their fast style but they never hit the next gear and put people away. Like someone above said....they get a big lead and coast. I just can't get behind that. I always watch them though. Jmo

Comment

Glad i missed this fight sounded boring as fu ck. The charlo-trout shoulda been the main event. So whats next for lara anyway? Doubt gaymon would match up tonights winners. Probably more tune ups for all of them

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        He called Vanes " un pendejo" [idiot] before the fight in the dressing room and the translator heard it , smiled, and said something else .. as if the word idiot is really offensive

Pendejo means pubic hair

Comment

Originally posted by hyeduk View Post
          After those body punches started to land, Lara began backpedaling. And it wasn't a low blow at all! Vanes made this fight more interesting. It could have gone both way. Lara was just more accurate with head punches
          Who knows what would've happened if Draculich didn't deduct a point for that non-existent low-blow? I had Lara ever so slightly ahead. It was a very close fight, and the ref took away any chances Vanes might've had.

Comment

Everybody dismissing Lara as a GGG opponent simply because he would be an underdog simply don't get it. Pretty much everybody not name Andre Ward or Sergey Kovalev south of the cruiserweight division will be an underdog against GGG. Its about GGG stepping outta the bubble he's placed himself in and fighting the best competition available to him. Regardless of how you feel about Lara. He's a guy that nobody has beaten convincingly. He's a guy that has an aura and a reputation as a guy nobody wants to fight. And he's a guy that its borderline impossible to look good against. And if GGG doesn't get his money fight against Canelo (who I felt Lara beat) next, who out there is better than Lara that's willing to fight GGG? Jacobs isn't gonna fight him next. Neither is Saunders. And honestly, a win over Lara is more impressive than beating both thoae guys. We get it, nobody wants to fight GGG. But that doesn't give him an excuse to fight **** like he did in his last fight. Especially when he has a much better fighter that wants to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
              Glad i missed this fight sounded boring as fu ck. The charlo-trout shoulda been the main event. So whats next for lara anyway? Doubt gaymon would match up tonights winners. Probably more tune ups for all of them
              Wasn't boring at all. Was a good fight fought at a high skill level. Jamall and Trout was the same. If you're a real fight fan, hard to complain about tonight. If you're into caveman, toughman competition bull****, you may not have enjoyed it much. If you hurry, you'll probably be able to catch a couple drunks outside at a local bar going at it. That seems more your speed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcityusa805 View Post
                Pendejo means pubic hair
                That's what it means literally, but the word has several uses, including "coward" and "asshole." I would say "idiot" is a cleaned-up version of "asshole."

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Everybody dismissing Lara as a GGG opponent simply because he would be an underdog simply don't get it. Pretty much everybody not name Andre Ward or Sergey Kovalev south of the cruiserweight division will be an underdog against GGG. Its about GGG stepping outta the bubble he's placed himself in and fighting the best competition available to him. Regardless of how you feel about Lara. He's a guy that nobody has beaten convincingly. He's a guy that has an aura and a reputation as a guy nobody wants to fight. And he's a guy that its borderline impossible to look good against. And if GGG doesn't get his money fight against Canelo (who I felt Lara beat) next, who out there is better than Lara that's willing to fight GGG? Jacobs isn't gonna fight him next. Neither is Saunders. And honestly, a win over Lara is more impressive than beating both thoae guys. We get it, nobody wants to fight GGG. But that doesn't give him an excuse to fight **** like he did in his last fight. Especially when he has a much better fighter that wants to fight him.
                  You're assuming Lara is serious. He's not, and it's not hard to see.

1. Asking for more than the fight will generate means to fight him they'd lose money, that's why you kill a fight. Especially considering that Lara set a draw and he's boring as **** to watch. I care little that he moves, but running around for half a round is no fun.

2. Lara talking is one thing, but his team never reach out to k2. It's easy to see why k2 wouldn't reach out to Lara, it would give him too much negotiating power. Lara wants GGG to need him.

3. And if Lara was really serious, he should step up to 160. If he establish himself as a MW, he'd probably get more fans asking for the fight.

Comment

It's easy to see why Lara doesn't call K2/GGG

Lara and his team know the outcome of a Golovkin fight.

One thing is for sure, Lara better hope he never gets serious about getting in the ring with GGG, because it would be outright brutal. He is better off pricing himself out and hoping fan pressure doesn't build. Because he is hitable and I don't think he could go that long with giving in.

He doesn't have Lemiuex power, so GGG wouldn't worry about his punches. It's just a matter of getting him. I wouldn't be shocked if he lost anywhere from 2-9th round. I'd be shocked if Lara lasted until 10.

He has repeatedly been hit by guys no where near GGG level in coming foward and controlling distance and cutting of ring. He's been timed by fighters less adept at timing than GGG

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      That's what it means literally, but the word has several uses, including "coward" and "asshole." I would say "idiot" is a cleaned-up version of "asshole."
                      I'd say it's more like "Dumbass"

Since you can just say idiota.

Personally I prefer that.

And Jedi... lara was offered to GGG before and team ggg rejected both him and mora. Who is GGG that guys have to move up and EARN a shot at him? S hitty logic since that's the reason people use to not fight him. Has he "earned" Canelo? Floyd? Cotto? Pac (yeah we got guys out here saying that)?
                      Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-22-2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X